5th Generation Maxima (2000-2003) Learn more about the 5th Generation Maxima, including the VQ30DE-K and VQ35DE engines.

5th Gen & 4th Gen

Search this Thread

Old 12-14-2001, 11:18 AM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

That's like magazine racing.

I'm shutting up ... starting ... NOW!

Originally posted by maxman2k
i still dont understand why it is flawed.

c beats a...b = a...therefore c beats b...why is that flawed???
Old 12-14-2001, 11:19 AM

Re: Re: this is stupid...

Originally posted by clee130
Here starts the "5 spds are real cars, autos don't count" arguments.

myself

Dammit ... I told myself I was gonna shut up... starting..... NOW!

There's something about letting some walk around with their head up they're asses that I find funny.
Old 12-14-2001, 11:21 AM

That's like magazine racing.

I'm shutting up ... starting ... NOW!

i am now trying to make you talk
i am not trying to 'magazine race' but when i have raced him at least 20 times in both cars, the 98 and the 2k, and the 98 is always neck and neck, and the 2k is always a half a length to a full length ahead then i know the 2k is faster. thats why i say my reasoning isnt flawed.
Old 12-14-2001, 11:28 AM
Donating Maxima.org Member

i wonder where nealoc187 is...
Old 12-14-2001, 11:28 AM
RBa

4thgen may be faster but 5thgen is better!!! Ha!
Old 12-14-2001, 11:29 AM

Re: this is stupid...

Originally posted by hawkdog
Arguing which automatic is faster is stupid. My 5th gen 5 speed, or any other 4th or 5th gen 5 speed will beat any automatic (same mods) like a red headed stepchild. Under any conditions, anywhere, any time. And I don't want to hear you whine about how you beat one. I will race any n/a automatic maxima, and I guarantee I will win 100 out of 100 times. Put Mario Andretti in the automatic for all I care, or put my grandma. It doesn't make a difference. There is no way a COMPETENT 5 speed driver would ever lose to a auto. Putting in a real transmission should be the first mod any automatic owner that wants to race does. 4th gen auto vs. 5th gen auto...fine, they're the same. But who really cares when any 4th or 5th gen stick can take them to school??

I agree %100 with hawkdog. I like 4th gen's a lot. My buddy has a 96 se auto and it's a nice car, but i can school his *** any day of the week. Obviously if he had a stick it would be better, but i have raced plenty of 4th gens in a stick, and they stay close, but they can't win. I have been driving stick for a long time, and i will pull up to any 4th gen, modded or not (N/A of course) and i have confidence in my car and driving skills that i can beat them. I've got a 2001 SE 5 speed with intake, y-pipe, catback, chip and stock 17's. Any takers?
Old 12-14-2001, 11:33 AM

Hmm, 1/2 ofthe 5th gen owners are saying the 4th gen is faster... Makes you think. Oh and hawkdog, I'm waiting... Face it, the 5th gen is AS fast as a 4th gen, NOT faster, NOT slower. I REALLY don't see why its SO hard to believe.
Old 12-14-2001, 11:35 AM

Man when it comes down to it, it boils down to the driver.. agreed?
Old 12-14-2001, 11:36 AM

i say at the next maxus, we make a list of people who seem to find it really hard to believe that the 5th gens. are as fast as the 4th gens., and have them run the 1/4. then we'll see what people have to say in the matter.
Old 12-14-2001, 11:36 AM

Originally posted by medicsonic
Hmm, 1/2 ofthe 5th gen owners are saying the 4th gen is faster... Makes you think. Oh and hawkdog, I'm waiting... Face it, the 5th gen is AS fast as a 4th gen, NOT faster, NOT slower. I REALLY don't see why its SO hard to believe.
first hand experience.
Old 12-14-2001, 11:38 AM

Originally posted by mechanic
i say at the next maxus, we make a list of people who seem to find it really hard to believe that the 5th gens. are as fast as the 4th gens., and have them run the 1/4. then we'll see what people have to say in the matter.
I think that the 4th Gen people are willing to accept that. Most of the 5th Gen peeps don't believe it though.
Old 12-14-2001, 11:39 AM

Originally posted by NuJerseyDrive
Man when it comes down to it, it boils down to the driver.. agreed?

Absolutaly
Old 12-14-2001, 11:40 AM

Originally posted by NuJerseyDrive

I think that the 4th Gen people are willing to accept that. Most of the 5th Gen peeps don't believe it though.
thats why the 4th gens should run against them
Old 12-14-2001, 11:42 AM

So all track times up to this point are null and void? I don't get it. We already have lots and lots and lots and lots of track times.

We've done this numerous times in the NE hence my ability to talk.

oh boy...the "magazine racer" defense. Except, wait a minute...he saw all that happen, remember? And what's wrong with the magazines anyways? The guys that test and write in the reputable ones (i.e. car and driver) know more and have more driving experience than 99.999999% of us. Get off your horses and come down into the real world. I really hate all these .org gurus that live on here that think their word is the gospel. What the hell is the difference between reading their times out of there versus reading a time someone posted on the org? If I wanted all these logic arguments I'd go sit in a philosophy class. I have yet to hear a convincing argument (not just a time) that any automatic of a same model car can beat it's manual brother. (SAME MODS) And for the 4th gen vs. 5th gen arguement, since it seems to be unholy to talk about a different subject in the same thread, screw it. The day a 4th gen beats me will be the day I concede. I really don't think there's any other way to convince me, and so far they're 0 for the century against me. I would like to know the EXACT details of the 4th gen that ran a 14.7 though. I don't think I've ever heard the whole story...maybe that'll help me understand....
Old 12-14-2001, 11:45 AM

So all track times up to this point are null and void? I don't get it. We already have lots and lots and lots and lots of track times.
if only they took it at face value. i guess a lot of people still have the "oh i havent seen it happen, so it can never happen" attitude. and fo' sho' the NE peeps rule
and hawkdog, check out the times in the 4th gen. forum, you will see two people, theblue and nealoc187 who have got 14.7 stock in a 4th gen.
Old 12-14-2001, 11:55 AM

oh boy...the "magazine racer" defense. Except, wait a minute...he saw all that happen, remember? And what's wrong with the magazines anyways? The guys that test and write in the reputable ones (i.e. car and driver) know more and have more driving experience than 99.999999% of us. Get off your horses and come down into the real world. I really hate all these .org gurus that live on here that think their word is the gospel. What the hell is the difference between reading their times out of there versus reading a time someone posted on the org? If I wanted all these logic arguments I'd go sit in a philosophy class. I have yet to hear a convincing argument (not just a time) that any automatic of a same model car can beat it's manual brother. (SAME MODS) And for the 4th gen vs. 5th gen arguement, since it seems to be unholy to talk about a different subject in the same thread, screw it. The day a 4th gen beats me will be the day I concede. I really don't think there's any other way to convince me, and so far they're 0 for the century against me. I would like to know the EXACT details of the 4th gen that ran a 14.7 though. I don't think I've ever heard the whole story...maybe that'll help me understand....
OWNED!!

And you actually trust a magazine that makes its income by the advertising of the cars they are testing. Car and Driver? Motor Trend? Automobile? All crap. If you want to read a magazine that approaches a respectable piece of journalism, read Sport Car International.
Please come to the North East, in the NYC area to be exact. There are quite a few 4th gens that will soundly KICK YOUR ***. I love people like this. 'Unless I have seen it with my own eyes, it can't be true'. I have witnesses on my part. I can talk.

Warmest Regards,
Me
Old 12-14-2001, 11:55 AM

Actually, theblue ran that time with an intake and exhaust.

But the 14.7 stock run is in this thread: http://forums.maxima.org/showthread....highlight=14.7

And 14.8 stock runs are here: http://forums.maxima.org/showthread....hlight=14.7%2A

and

http://forums.maxima.org/showthread....hlight=14.7%2A

if only they took it at face value. i guess a lot of people still have the "oh i havent seen it happen, so it can never happen" attitude. and fo' sho' the NE peeps rule
and hawkdog, check out the times in the 4th gen. forum, you will see two people, theblue and nealoc187 who have got 14.7 stock in a 4th gen.
Old 12-14-2001, 12:03 PM

Actually, theblue ran that time with an intake and exhaust.

But the 14.7 stock run is in this thread: http://forums.maxima.org/showthread....highlight=14.7

yup ur right, i just realised that after i posted. i think the first time i saw him run was with the two mods you mentioned. since then i've been there pretty much everytime he ran and vice versa!
Old 12-14-2001, 12:06 PM

You know, I think I'm gonna bookmark those threads... for future reference.

yup ur right, i just realised that after i posted. i think the first time i saw him run was with the two mods you mentioned. since then i've been there pretty much everytime he ran and vice versa!
Old 12-14-2001, 12:09 PM

You know, I think I'm gonna bookmark those threads... for future reference.

good thinking... add that tl-s vs. maxima thread to your list also
Old 12-14-2001, 12:10 PM
Got Bent?

what is this, like the 4th time these past 2 months?
Old 12-14-2001, 12:14 PM

I park in a garage about four spots away from a 4th gen. Yesterday I backed out of my space faster than him.
Old 12-14-2001, 12:15 PM

Originally posted by Michael98033
I park in a garage about four spots away from a 4th gen. Yesterday I backed out of my space faster than him.
There you go. Represent the 5th Gen Max!!
Old 12-14-2001, 12:20 PM

Old 12-14-2001, 12:21 PM
Got Bent?

Admin Options:
Open / Close <-----------
Move / Copy
Delete
Edit
Merge
Split
Stick / Unstick
Old 12-14-2001, 12:26 PM

OWNED!!

And you actually trust a magazine that makes its income by the advertising of the cars they are testing. Car and Driver? Motor Trend? Automobile? All crap. If you want to read a magazine that approaches a respectable piece of journalism, read Sport Car International.
Please come to the North East, in the NYC area to be exact. There are quite a few 4th gens that will soundly KICK YOUR ***. I love people like this. 'Unless I have seen it with my own eyes, it can't be true'. I have witnesses on my part. I can talk.

Warmest Regards,
Me
I don't recall quoting any magazines times, and if you would like to pay $10 an issue I'm sure they'd be happy to get rid of all the advertisements. And if you can find a 4th gen 5 speed with an intake and y-pipe and only an intake and y-pipe I'll be happy to run against it. If I lose, fine, but like I said, I never have. I'm know there are 4th gens out there that can school my ***. Hell...if there are CRX's out there that can do it there better be some maximas that can!!!

You guys are so full of it. Oh look at this!!! a 4th gen 14.7 stock!!! Since when is intake and exhaust stock??? And I have my head in my a$$???? That 14.8 by the 5th gen doesn't look like he was the greatest driver either. Like you said medicsonic, those RT's need some work!! The 60' times are really not that hot either. Looks like an inexperienced driver to me. It also says it was hot and humid that day. Not quite ideal conditions.

Hey, by the way congratulations on being able to talk. That must have taken a lot of work to get that kind of coordination from your sphincter muscles.
Old 12-14-2001, 12:29 PM

Read the links I posted.

You guys are so full of it. Oh look at this!!! a 4th gen 14.7 stock!!! Since when is intake and exhaust stock??? And I have my head in my a$$????
Old 12-14-2001, 12:29 PM

Isn't this over? I told you, I backed out faster than him. No contest. Conversation over.
Old 12-14-2001, 12:35 PM

the best time ever...

WAS IN A HEADWIND??? How did he go from having tread at the beginning to not having it in a few 1/4 mile runs? Have you all ever verified this guy's run? Does anyone know him??
Old 12-14-2001, 12:39 PM

Re: the best time ever...

Nope... he's just a nobody who signed up to post imaginary times to spite you 5th geners.

WAS IN A HEADWIND??? How did he go from having tread at the beginning to not having it in a few 1/4 mile runs? Have you all ever verified this guy's run? Does anyone know him??
Old 12-14-2001, 12:42 PM

This is the part where you put you tail between your legs and walk away hawkdog. VeeTec ran a 14.71 BONE stock. Not an intake and exhaust, BONE stock.

You have retracted EVERY comment that you have made so far. Where is your argument? WHAT is your argument?

Let reiterate this yet again. A 4th gen is JUST AS fast as a 2000-01. I have given you both a reason, and examples. You refuse to believe them. Until you can back up what YOU say, I will continue to talk out of my CORRECT ***.
Old 12-14-2001, 01:48 PM
RussMaxManiac

Then he can't drive. Simple as that.
Sure, 5 members modded more than me can't drive and one of them ran high 14s at the track in his 4th gen and we ran 3 times.

Old 12-14-2001, 01:58 PM
RussMaxManiac

Re: Re: this is stupid...

Same here! I am completely stock at this moment, is there a 4th gen 5spd stock that would like to run me?! I am waiting on my cai so that is why I am stock!

Also I don't see alot of 5th gen owners saying they lost. The only few that are own autos and that of course is not as quick off the line than a 4th gen owner, but if your rolling thats different.

I have come from owning 2 4th gens and 2 5th gens. Sorry the 5th is faster. But not by much.

Originally posted by maxse01

I agree %100 with hawkdog. I like 4th gen's a lot. My buddy has a 96 se auto and it's a nice car, but i can school his *** any day of the week. Obviously if he had a stick it would be better, but i have raced plenty of 4th gens in a stick, and they stay close, but they can't win. I have been driving stick for a long time, and i will pull up to any 4th gen, modded or not (N/A of course) and i have confidence in my car and driving skills that i can beat them. I've got a 2001 SE 5 speed with intake, y-pipe, catback, chip and stock 17's. Any takers?

Old 12-14-2001, 01:59 PM
RussMaxManiac

The blue stripped his interior out, that helped him. So why not say that?

Old 12-14-2001, 02:12 PM

Re: Re: Re: this is stupid...

Originally posted by RussMaxManiac
Same here! I am completely stock at this moment, is there a 4th gen 5spd stock that would like to run me?! I am waiting on my cai so that is why I am stock!

Also I don't see alot of 5th gen owners saying they lost. The only few that are own autos and that of course is not as quick off the line than a 4th gen owner, but if your rolling thats different.

I have come from owning 2 4th gens and 2 5th gens. Sorry the 5th is faster. But not by much.

GIVE IT UP RUSS!!! I have videos to prove it, you do not.
Old 12-14-2001, 02:43 PM
RBa

Re: Re: Re: Re: this is stupid...

OK.. We can argue amongst ourselves all week or we can admit who is wrong and who is right!!...
Stock for stock..
4thgen 5spd will pull on a 5thgen auto..
5thgen 5spd will pull on a 4thgen auto..
5thgen auto vs 4thgen auto?!!...
4thgen will have the advantage in the 1/4mile but in an all out race, 4thgen will top out b4 a 5thgen..
4thgen 5spd vs 5th gen 5spd?? Believe what you wanna believe!!.... IT all depends on the driver!!!
End of story!!!...
Old 12-14-2001, 02:47 PM

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: this is stupid...

Originally posted by RBa
OK.. We can argue amongst ourselves all week or we can admit who is wrong and who is right!!...
Stock for stock..
4thgen 5spd will pull on a 5thgen auto..
5thgen 5spd will pull on a 4thgen auto..
5thgen auto vs 4thgen auto?!!...
4thgen will have the advantage in the 1/4mile but in an all out race, 4thgen will top out b4 a 5thgen..
4thgen 5spd vs 5th gen 5spd?? Believe what you wanna believe!!.... IT all depends on the driver!!!
End of story!!!...

he's right
Old 12-14-2001, 02:49 PM

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: this is stupid...

Originally posted by maxse01

he's right
But Russ will argue that a 5th gen will beat anything anyways...

Quick Reply: 5th Gen & 4th Gen