5th Generation Maxima (2000-2003) Learn more about the 5th Generation Maxima, including the VQ30DE-K and VQ35DE engines.

Fun with 2k2

Search this Thread

Old 12-15-2001, 06:56 AM

Fun with 2k2

Hey all

Finally picked up 6 spd last night and just wanted to relate a funny little story.

After we signed all the papers and stuff, I drove the 6 spd home and my wife followed in our 5 spd. We got home, parked the 5 spd, and she hopped in and we went for a ride.

Anyhow, we're driving around enjoying our new car when I decide to have a little fun and play a trick on my wife.

I casually mention something like: "Haven't listened to the sound system yet. Let's pop a CD in". So she pops in one of my Hip bootlegs and listen for a few minutes.

Then, using the buttons on the steering wheel, I suddenly lower the volume all the way down and act all surprised. I go: "What the hell just happened? Why did the volume go down."

Now my wife doesn't know that there are steering wheel controls for the radio, so she's a little confused as to what just happened. She reaches over a turns the volume back up. As soon as she takes her hand away from ****, I turn the volume way up using the steering wheel button. Then I hit mode and switch to the radio, wait a few secs, switch to FM2, then AM, all the while playing it to the hilt: "WTF is this!?!? Brand new F@$! $30K car and the radio is screwed."

My wife just flips: "I can't believe this! We're going to take this car back right now" etc... Finally, I just can't hold it in anymore and crack up. I'm just in tears.

I confess to her what I've been doing which gets me a whack on the arm. It was worth it.
Old 12-15-2001, 06:57 AM

Re: Fun with 2k2

Originally posted by Eric
Hey all

Finally picked up 6 spd last night and just wanted to relate a funny little story.

After we signed all the papers and stuff, I drove the 6 spd home and my wife followed in our 5 spd. We got home, parked the 5 spd, and she hopped in and we went for a ride.

Anyhow, we're driving around enjoying our new car when I decide to have a little fun and play a trick on my wife.

I casually mention something like: "Haven't listened to the sound system yet. Let's pop a CD in". So she pops in one of my Hip bootlegs and listen for a few minutes.

Then, using the buttons on the steering wheel, I suddenly lower the volume all the way down and act all surprised. I go: "What the hell just happened? Why did the volume go down."

Now my wife doesn't know that there are steering wheel controls for the radio, so she's a little confused as to what just happened. She reaches over a turns the volume back up. As soon as she takes her hand away from ****, I turn the volume way up using the steering wheel button. Then I hit mode and switch to the radio, wait a few secs, switch to FM2, then AM, all the while playing it to the hilt: "WTF is this!?!? Brand new F@$! $30K car and the radio is screwed."

My wife just flips: "I can't believe this! We're going to take this car back right now" etc... Finally, I just can't hold it in anymore and crack up. I'm just in tears.

I confess to her what I've been doing which gets me a whack on the arm. It was worth it.
No sex for you last night...
Old 12-15-2001, 07:00 AM

LOL

That is funny. Women (most) are gulable.