5th Generation Maxima (2000-2003) Learn more about the 5th Generation Maxima, including the VQ30DE-K and VQ35DE engines.

New to the Org.

Search this Thread

Old 09-02-2010, 10:09 AM

New to the Org.

Hey i am new from ft. lauderdale. 2000 maxima se 5spd. only pics i have for now. Keeps raining...

Old 09-02-2010, 10:11 AM

clean man!!
Old 09-02-2010, 10:19 AM
Cletus

we really dont need a new thread for every new member...especially when the thread is simply to say hi and show a picture

http://forums.maxima.org/5th-generat...ting-here.html
or
http://forums.maxima.org/members-rides-65/
Old 09-02-2010, 10:27 AM

Originally Posted by SoonerFan
we really dont need a new thread for every new member...especially when the thread is simply to say hi and show a picture

or

Well thank you for leading the way.
Old 09-02-2010, 10:46 AM

You're absolutely correct, Sooner. But complaining about it is like pissing in the wind. It just comes back on you, turning you into the angry guy who smells like pee.

Best to just look the other way, or say "hi" right back at them.

Hi, Newbie! Love the Pearl White. Hate the chrome. Paint your lip.

Last edited by Rochester; 09-02-2010 at 10:49 AM.
Old 09-02-2010, 10:50 AM
dot dot dot ...

What are your plans for your car, do you have any issues &/or advice on modding/maintenance to share, what are your mods, got any bragging rights?

Old 09-02-2010, 10:59 AM

Originally Posted by NmexMAX
What are your plans for your car, do you have any issues &/or advice on modding/maintenance to share, what are your mods, got any bragging rights?

As far as mods i want to get rid of that ugly sideskirt. i want the one to match. I also want to replace the front lip with another brand that is a little more sharp. A set of coilovers, camber kit, sway bars, rolled fenders, spacers. I also want to do a custom exhaust with a g35 exhaust. i have Remus on there now. its a nice tone, but im getting tired of loud axhausts. Im going to boost at some point. I have alot more custom ideas. Im just trying to figure out which route im going to go. I am really big into VIP style cars. i tihnk im jsut going to end up trying that route out. i Have not yet seen a VIP style maxima yet.

As far as maintaenance issues for me:
Clutch is going
Gear box is humming
Passenger window rolls up reallll slow lol..

From what i have seen on this forum, wheel choices are very interesting. Im suprised i dont see alot more staggered fitments Especially on slammed max's. THere is a guy on here with a i35 that sits perfect in my opinion even though he is not staggered. His wheels choice is pretty dope. I live down here in fort lauderdale,fl. i see NOO maximas..

And bragging rights. umm? I guess im stittin 20x8.5 F/ 20x10 R Sevas S7's soon to be Tuckin! lol sitting stretched and bowlegged

Last edited by NmexMAX; 09-02-2010 at 12:36 PM.
Old 09-02-2010, 11:25 AM
Cletus

Originally Posted by Rochester
You're absolutely correct, Sooner. But complaining about it is like pissing in the wind. It just comes back on you, turning you into the angry guy who smells like pee.
dont mind that at all...that isnt going to prevent me from expressing opinion on a pointless thread

i guess this place would be better if we were all just nice and didnt call people out...we would never have pages of pointless into threads...or threads because people got tint...or threads because people installed an intake
Old 09-02-2010, 11:32 AM

i guess this place would be better if we were all just nice and didnt call people out...
Pretty much, yes... angry guy who smells like pee.

As for opinions, here one: OP, glad you want to toss those skirts. They look goofy on the Maxima, IMO.
Old 09-02-2010, 11:42 AM
Cletus

Pretty much, yes... angry guy who smells like pee.

As for opinions, here one: OP, glad you want to toss those skirts. They look goofy on the Maxima, IMO.
so being nice to people is more important than hundreds of pointless threads

nice sidemarkers

Old 09-02-2010, 11:49 AM

tint threads are pointless but yet u feel the need to post pics of your maxima that is sold and pics of your xterra in it.....now thats pointless

dont mind that at all...that isnt going to prevent me from expressing opinion on a pointless thread

i guess this place would be better if we were all just nice and didnt call people out...we would never have pages of pointless into threads...or threads because people got tint...or threads because people installed an intake
Old 09-02-2010, 11:51 AM

anyways nice maxima OP ,just needs stillen sideskirts , I like the rims but i think they would look better if they werent chrome
Old 09-02-2010, 11:52 AM

Originally Posted by Staggered__
What are you so upset about anyways? You must be on here 24 hours a day. Calm down, take a deep breath. I might be a newbie but this is a 5th generation forum RIGHT?
We don't know, OP. Sooner is a peculiar cat. Try not to get too worked up about it.

You know how some people make great first impressions, but it takes you a while to find out they're really a jerk? Sooner seems to be the complete opposite of that. (There's actually a compliment deeply buried there.)

Welcome to the org, man.
Old 09-02-2010, 11:56 AM

Originally Posted by scarface4522
anyways nice maxima OP ,just needs stillen sideskirts , I like the rims but i think they would look better if they werent chrome
Thanks. they seem to stand out more than my paint does. I was thinking of painting them. but im not sure what color

We don't know, OP. Sooner is a peculiar cat. Try not to get too worked up about it.

You know how some people make great first impressions, but it takes you a while to find out they're really a jerk? Sooner seems to be the complete opposite of that. (There's actually a compliment deeply buried there.)

Welcome to the org, man.
Lol hey thanx man.

What are you so upset about anyways? You must be on here 24 hours a day. Calm down, take a deep breath. I might be a newbie but this is a 5th generation forum RIGHT?

Last edited by NmexMAX; 09-02-2010 at 12:44 PM.
Old 09-02-2010, 12:18 PM

I just realized you rapid-fired your way through the Org today in order to satisfy the minimum post constraint.

That's not cool.
Old 09-02-2010, 12:24 PM

not a big fan of the body kit but i love white SE's. best color for a max!
Old 09-02-2010, 12:25 PM

while i think i see what you're getting at about wanting different skirts...somehow..someway..i love yours..sexy looking max man, very well done..from a fellow(soon to not be owner) of a pearl white max
Old 09-02-2010, 12:44 PM
Cletus

i guess anything goes in this forum now days...i miss the old mods that did their jobs

Old 09-02-2010, 12:46 PM
dot dot dot ...

I just realized you rapid-fired your way through the Org today in order to satisfy the minimum post constraint.

That's not cool.
Tiptronic posting FTL.
Old 09-02-2010, 12:46 PM
Cletus

That's not cool.
be nice now...dont be on my side about this type of activity...people might say you are a angry guy who smells like pee.

1. dude whored threads to get 15 posts so he could start a thread
2. the thread that was so important to start was "hi, here is a picture of a 5th gen"

Old 09-02-2010, 12:47 PM
dot dot dot ...

Let's see if he can start another one.
Old 09-02-2010, 01:13 PM

More pics Car looks hot!

What are the specs on those wheels?

Last edited by MoncefA33; 09-02-2010 at 01:25 PM.
Old 09-02-2010, 01:33 PM

Staggered on FWD FTL.
Old 09-02-2010, 01:42 PM

http://forums.maxima.org/members-rid...5-new-org.html

Originally Posted by NmexMAX
Let's see if he can start another one.
Old 09-02-2010, 01:45 PM

PS don't worry about Sooner he doesn't even have a Maxima and is def never up to the task of keeping it 100.
Old 09-02-2010, 02:11 PM
Cletus

Originally Posted by MoncefA33
and i guess when i sold the maxima, all my 5th gen knowledge was in the trunk o wait, all of my knowledge is in the newbie thread
Old 09-02-2010, 02:27 PM

be nice now...dont be on my side about this type of activity...people might say you are a angry guy who smells like pee.

1. dude whored threads to get 15 posts so he could start a thread
2. the thread that was so important to start was "hi, here is a picture of a 5th gen"

It's possible your instincts were right about this one.

Possible, or just coincidental. IDK.
Old 09-02-2010, 02:36 PM

nice! can i quote this??? i need a new quote of the month?
Old 09-02-2010, 03:04 PM

Originally Posted by Staggered__
As far as mods i want to get rid of that ugly sideskirt. i want the one to match. I also want to replace the front lip with another brand that is a little more sharp. A set of coilovers, camber kit, sway bars, rolled fenders, spacers. I also want to do a custom exhaust with a g35 exhaust. i have Remus on there now. its a nice tone, but im getting tired of loud axhausts. Im going to boost at some point. I have alot more custom ideas. Im just trying to figure out which route im going to go. I am really big into VIP style cars. i tihnk im jsut going to end up trying that route out. i Have not yet seen a VIP style maxima yet.

As far as maintaenance issues for me:
Clutch is going
Gear box is humming
Passenger window rolls up reallll slow lol..

From what i have seen on this forum, wheel choices are very interesting. Im suprised i dont see alot more staggered fitments Especially on slammed max's. THere is a guy on here with a i35 that sits perfect in my opinion even though he is not staggered. His wheels choice is pretty dope. I live down here in fort lauderdale,fl. i see NOO maximas..

And bragging rights. umm? I guess im stittin 20x8.5 F/ 20x10 R Sevas S7's soon to be Tuckin! lol sitting stretched and bowlegged
nice ...... just change the sideskirts and get some coilovers.
Old 09-02-2010, 03:05 PM

Originally Posted by Rhyno02
Staggered on FWD FTL.
FWD,RWD AWD.....whateva....it looks good on anything
Old 09-02-2010, 03:16 PM

Staggered = FTL

Last edited by NmexMAX; 09-03-2010 at 02:12 AM.
Old 09-02-2010, 03:30 PM

Originally Posted by Grand_hustle17
Yea, I have to agree that staggerd on whatever the application looks good........... can you even get camber kits for our beam suspension???......
No you can't.

The OP would run coilovers and just adjust the camber up front.
Old 09-02-2010, 03:48 PM

Looks AWESOME, get some clear tails to round out the white/chome feel.

Only reason I checked out this thread was to see how fast Soonerfan was going to shyte all over the newb and spread his militant hatred. You never fail to dissapoint me Sooner... It took you a mere 10 minutes after the thread was created to welcome Staggered_ with your usual charm. I bet that over half of your 23k posts are disrespectful and unnecessary. Remind me why you still troll the org 24/7 consistently hating on stuff just for the sake of hating even though you dont even own a maxima.

Hi Rochester, hows the max?
Old 09-02-2010, 03:48 PM

Dump the 20's and get something smaller and a little more understated (i.e. not chrome) and you've got yourself a nice Maxima. Just my opinion. You'd be surprised at how certain sets of rims that don't look like much end up looking great on our cars because of the way they flow with the design which is why you don't have to go huge when choosing a set. 17's are good, 18's are perfect, 19's are pushing it depending on the design but can also look great if done right. Scroll through some of the albums on this site and you'll see what I'm talking about. Also paint your front lip.
Old 09-02-2010, 04:15 PM

Originally Posted by datdude20
FWD,RWD AWD.....whateva....it looks good on anything
To each his own I suppose. Alot of people do it just for the looks...

....Just not my taste tho.
Old 09-02-2010, 04:37 PM

Last edited by NmexMAX; 09-03-2010 at 02:12 AM.
Old 09-02-2010, 04:47 PM
Cletus

Originally Posted by scottygill
Only reason I checked out this thread was to see how fast Soonerfan was going to shyte all over the newb and spread his militant hatred. You never fail to dissapoint me Sooner... It took you a mere 10 minutes after the thread was created to welcome Staggered_ with your usual charm. I bet that over half of your 23k posts are disrespectful and unnecessary. Remind me why you still troll the org 24/7 consistently hating on stuff just for the sake of hating even though you dont even own a maxima.

dont understand how this post was "shyte all over the newb", "spreading militant hatre", "disrespectful", "unnecessary", or "hating on stuff"

i was simply telling a newbie (who whored to get to 15 posts) that there were already locations where this would have been better to place

but i assume you think we need a new intro thread for every new person with a 5th gen

or
and im not allowed to post because i dont own a maxima any more?

and regarding the claim that most of my posts are pointless, i will direct you to the newbie thread where i have the second most posts giving people advice...even though i dont own a maxima anymore

Last edited by SoonerFan; 09-02-2010 at 05:01 PM.
Old 09-02-2010, 05:08 PM

I don't see this ending good. Think I'll just watch from a safe distance.

Old 09-02-2010, 05:23 PM
Cletus

I don't see this ending good. Think I'll just watch from a safe distance.

i understand i can be a little harsh and to the point...but i dont think i did anything in this thread...simply informed the young newb that there were better places to post this...but because its me...and ive hurt people's feelings before...people overreact about me being "mean"...and while they complain about me being mean, they are filling the thread with posts complaining about me

i'll continue to say that we need an intro thread...and threads like this serve no good purpose...but until mods agree, we will have to deal with these threads

Old 09-02-2010, 06:24 PM

Last edited by NmexMAX; 09-03-2010 at 02:13 AM.

Quick Reply: New to the Org.