5th Generation Maxima (2000-2003) Learn more about the 5th Generation Maxima, including the VQ30DE-K and VQ35DE engines.

washer lights

Search this Thread

Old 12-16-2001, 08:37 AM

washer lights

ive seen all these cars with those windsheild washer lights on the hood, how exactly do u go about wiring that to where when your headlights turn on, those washer lights turn on. where do i run the wire from the washer lights to?
Old 12-16-2001, 08:55 AM

Just so you don't come back 2 weeks from now and call the cop a pig.

THEY ARE ILLEGAL.

That is all.
Old 12-20-2001, 05:15 PM

Re: washer lights

Originally posted by crzyballa33
ive seen all these cars with those windsheild washer lights on the hood, how exactly do u go about wiring that to where when your headlights turn on, those washer lights turn on. where do i run the wire from the washer lights to?

u just wire them to the parking lights and to the constant like a knut or bolt. nice of you to awnser the question buddy, he didn't ask for your opinion. or you could wire them to the blinker lights or something you can do whatever you want with them
Old 12-20-2001, 05:23 PM

Re: washer lights

Originally posted by crzyballa33
Here ya go.

I ran mine to the parking lights. Just take out the parking light (twist it) then disconnect the harness from the bulb. You have three wires running to the harness, RED, BLACK, and GREEN. RED is to make the parking lights go on, BLACK is ground and GREEN is to make them blink (but they don't stay on with the parking lights). Just take the wire and slide it into either the RED or the GREEN coresponding slot. I hooked mine up to the blinkers (GREEN). Then just put the harness back together, then just connect the BLACK wire (ground) to any metal bolt. check to make sure it works, then put back the bulb. Repeat for other side. It was pretty easy, easier than installing the suckers.

If you use the RED slot, the washer lights do come on with the headlights because the parking lights are on when the headlights are on. If you have any questions, PM me.
Old 12-20-2001, 05:23 PM
Donating Maxima.org Member

Re: Re: washer lights

Originally posted by zman187

u just wire them to the parking lights and to the constant like a knut or bolt. nice of you to awnser the question buddy, he didn't ask for your opinion. or you could wire them to the blinker lights or something you can do whatever you want with them
First of all, try searching, these have been discussed in detail before. Second, I think Medicsonic is tired of people applying illegal mods to their cars, then coming back to the forum bytching that they got a ticket. I think he's a cop or is close to someone who is. Or maybe he just appreciates cops for what they do most of the time.
Old 12-20-2001, 05:50 PM

No offence to those that have them but I find them really cheesey (rice). They looked neat the first time I saw them but now I see momma with them on her minivan, trash boy on his chevette and I just don't want to be associated with them.

To me the Max has class and to added all of these things just makes the car look like all the other crap out there. It's like a fat chick who where's a thong, miniskirt and hows off her fat belly and everthing else. I know, I know, heffers are people too, but still....
Old 12-20-2001, 09:16 PM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

Re: Just so you don't come back 2 weeks from now and call the cop a pig.

Originally posted by medicsonic
THEY ARE ILLEGAL.

That is all.
Yeah ask me, I got pulled over and got 8 citations for that and 7 other things, clear corners, neon license plate frame, blue lights in my clear corners, no front license plate, tint too dark, list goes on
Old 12-20-2001, 09:35 PM
Donating Maxima.org Member

Originally posted by MaxRPM
No offence to those that have them but I find them really cheesey (rice). They looked neat the first time I saw them but now I see momma with them on her minivan, trash boy on his chevette and I just don't want to be associated with them.

To me the Max has class and to added all of these things just makes the car look like all the other crap out there. It's like a fat chick who where's a thong, miniskirt and hows off her fat belly and everthing else. I know, I know, heffers are people too, but still....
HAHAHAHAHHA you a cold sum*****!