5th Generation Maxima (2000-2003) Learn more about the 5th Generation Maxima, including the VQ30DE-K and VQ35DE engines.

What do you do to make your cab look pretty?

Search this Thread

Old 10-08-2010, 11:20 AM

Originally Posted by jowo9
Yeah yeah, I know the pics suck, give me a break. At least you can see that it's black!
And yeah, I've been thinking of removing those stickers and putting some in the engine bay instead. I believe that's what you did?
I'm just teasing you, jowo9. You know you've got my respect... and if you don't know that yet, well, there it is. Take some better photos and show off your work. I'd like to see it.

Engine bay stickers? Yep, that's where I put them. Although I do have a Cattman decal on my side skirts, down low and in white. But just the word "Cattman" all by itself. No one understands, and that's exactly the way I like it.
Old 10-08-2010, 01:40 PM
Demodded and Forgotten

You want stickers? I got stickers...

Old 10-08-2010, 02:43 PM

Originally Posted by rroderiques77
You want stickers? I got stickers...
Look at you, off-topic on your own thread.

We need a "What do you do to make the underside of your CF hood pretty?" thread.
Old 10-08-2010, 03:20 PM

Looks damn good man.
Old 10-11-2010, 09:23 AM
Demodded and Forgotten

So today I am trying to get hold of Redline Goods regarding new leather around the e-brake, shifter and center console area.

Here are the two designs I am interested in:

Gray leather, tan pinstriping

Gray leather, tan piping

Leaning towards the first choice...
Old 10-11-2010, 09:42 AM

I'd say go with the pinstriping.

The stitched style looks more modern and classy. The piping looks cheap and dated...and sort of reminds me of the way they accent the vinyl seats at your local Pizza Hut.
Old 10-11-2010, 09:46 AM

Originally Posted by SLCPunk267

The stitched style looks more modern and classy. The piping looks cheap and dated...and sort of reminds me of the way they accent the vinyl seats at your local Pizza Hut.
Agreed. Stitching > Piping.

Although not in Tan. If you're going with gray leather, see about silver (light gray) stitching.
Old 10-11-2010, 09:53 AM

One thing that's sort of starting to grow on me, oddly enough, that I used to despise is the wood grain trim in our car.

I had an IS300 that someone put an aftermarket woodgrain kit on, and I hated it. But then again, one of my friends' grandmothers has an RX330 with woodgrain trim (as in real wood...not the faux-wood vinyl crap GM uses), and it actually looks pretty nice.

Would I actually do it to my interior, though? Probably not. It sort of detracts from the sport feel of the car.
Old 10-11-2010, 09:54 AM
Demodded and Forgotten

Originally Posted by SLCPunk267

Yeah.. That was why I was leaning more towards the first choice. The latter definetely looks Fast Food Restaurant like.

Anyway. Order placed today

I am still debating over what to do with the back seat. Order factory leather or try to match fabric. I am not too crazy about leather here in the dry hell weather.
Old 10-11-2010, 09:59 AM
You embarrass me.

I need interior pictures soon...

My list:

AE Pedals, Sills, and 350Z Dead Pedal
RedlineGoods Shift Boot, Armrest and E-Brake (Black with red stitching)
Black velour Pillars and Rear Deck with Baby Seat Anchor Delete
LED switches, footwell and map/dome lighting

Looking to have my steering wheel wrapped in Alcantara or fresh leather with red matching stitching. Also the gauge cluster and HVAC controls are still begging to be done in LEDs, but my LED guy disappeared sadly.

I will be ripping out the headliner this week to wrap it in black suede and fix an annoying sunroof rattle.

No wood trim, no cheesy painted plastic, just clean OEM style.

rroderigues, the piping looks tacky IMO. The stitching comes out really tasteful with the boots and armrest cover. I'll try to get pics of mine soon, and it's definitely good quality stuff. No signs of wear.

Last edited by zero2sixtyZ; 10-11-2010 at 12:35 PM.
Old 10-11-2010, 10:01 AM

Originally Posted by rroderiques77
Yeah.. That was why I was leaning more towards the first choice. The latter definetely looks Fast Food Restaurant like.

Anyway. Order placed today

I am still debating over what to do with the back seat. Order factory leather or try to match fabric. I am not too crazy about leather here in the dry hell weather.
Two-tone Wally World special seat covers.

Actually, you might be able to order some really, really nice seat covers to match off of a specialty site. My dad had a set ordered out of (I think) JCWhitney for his 64 Ford Galaxie, and the covers were absolutely top-notch. When they were on, you couldn't tell.

Of course, if you don't want to go the seat cover route, I guess ordering factory leather may be your next best bet...just make sure you keep it maintained I guess.

What kind of fabric are the Sparcos?
Old 10-11-2010, 10:11 AM
Demodded and Forgotten

They are like a nylon (black) and suede (gray) combo.
Old 10-11-2010, 10:14 AM
Demodded and Forgotten

Look at these!!

http://www.gtcovers.com/fabrics-and-colors/

The gray is slightly darker though...
Old 10-11-2010, 10:30 AM
Demodded and Forgotten

These guys have more of a variety of colors

http://www.automotiveinteriors.com/slip-on2.htm
Old 10-11-2010, 11:23 AM
Newbie - Just Registered

303 Aerospace Protectant on all interior vinyl and plastics (and exterior for that matter).

Also removed that awful, sticky, easily-scratched/damaged grey matte finish from the door trim and a few (not all) console/dash trim pieces with some rubbing alcohol (dilute-to-strength detailing cleaners might make it easier... don't know...). Revealed a very nice glossy black plastic on the door trim (looks like BlackKila's marble, but of course without the marble effect) and the bottom of the HVAC headunit, and a glossy plastic about the same greyish color as the OEM finish on the shifter trim. Thinking of using FW1 Cleaning Wax on the pieces as well as the exterior and interior glass to prevent fingerprints and smudges and fill the swirl-like scratches the glossy plastic is prone to. Not sure yet if it will work well on the trim... If you have any thoughts on that they'd be welcomed!
Old 10-11-2010, 11:25 AM
Demodded and Forgotten

Pictures speak 1,000 words
Old 10-12-2010, 08:29 AM
Newbie - Just Registered

True. Guess I need to take some new ones... haven't taken any since I did that. Coming soon, then
Old 10-22-2010, 07:41 PM
Demodded and Forgotten

So today I got my matching shifter & e-brake boots and armrest cover from Redline Goods. I will post some final pics soon. The armrest cover has to dry for a day or so. For now, the console cover stays off.

I went a lighter route this time. I chose a medium gray with light gray stitching to match the interior. And, rear custom seat covers are in the mail.

I wonder if Redline Goods would start a group buy for some type of fabric or leather inserts for the inside of the doors. I was thinking about matching them with the same thing as the boots. I am going to call them and see if they have any interest in this.
Old 10-22-2010, 08:46 PM

That looks interesting. Looking forward to seeing all that in the car.
Old 10-24-2010, 08:45 PM

Like knight_yyz I also like the blue LEDs inside the cab area, door sills, and over head lighting as well I also went with the brighter LED's in the vanity mirrors as the stock lighting is rather dull and yellow looking.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4ACbaNOj6xY
Old 10-24-2010, 09:14 PM
You embarrass me.

Haha, I remember the clips on the armrest cover. I have a pic of mine somewhere.
Old 10-25-2010, 02:59 PM
Demodded and Forgotten

Here are some shots of the new leather.

Now...gotta find some door inserts to match them....

Old 10-26-2010, 07:10 PM

Until I had an opportunity to see the brand new OEM shift **** on MaximusTi's car, I just never realized how beat up my original shift **** was.

A new **** is only $58 plus shipping from Dave B, and worth every penny.

Here they are side-by-side:

Old 10-27-2010, 04:07 PM

Originally Posted by Rochester
Until I had an opportunity to see the brand new OEM shift **** on MaximusTi's car, I just never realized how beat up my original shift **** was.

A new **** is only $58 plus shipping from Dave B, and worth every penny.

Here they are side-by-side:

hey Rochester, do you have the part # for the ****. i want to replace mine as well
Old 10-27-2010, 05:42 PM

Originally Posted by ricerocket336
hey Rochester, do you have the part # for the ****. i want to replace mine as well
Not off hand, sorry. Just call Dave B. and give him your VIN.

Honestly, I didn't know how happy I was going to be with this until I did it. I was driving around today, and kept glancing down at it. It's freaking beautiful. I'm very content.
Old 10-27-2010, 06:12 PM

Not off hand, sorry. Just call Dave B. and give him your VIN.

Honestly, I didn't know how happy I was going to be with this until I did it. I was driving around today, and kept glancing down at it. It's freaking beautiful. I'm very content.
yea ive been wanting to replace mine for some time now, just seeing the new one inspired me to do so now lol
Old 10-27-2010, 06:29 PM
Toolie

wow, the new one looks like real leather. The old one looks like plastic. LOL
Old 11-10-2010, 08:48 AM
Demodded and Forgotten

So I got some rear "custom" seat covers. The color matching is impecable in relation to the front seats. The fitment however

So...I called the idiots and they said they will try to alter them. When I asked for a full refund, they said they couldn't on "custom" orders.

So. I will play the game this once. I told the motards they'd better fit right this time or I will get my money back.
Old 11-10-2010, 08:54 AM

That's seriously disappointing. I'm sure that came right off after you realized how fugly it looks. But you're right about it matching your front racing seats. Hope it gets resolved, Roy.

If only you could have shipped them your rear seats, foam included. In fact... heck, why can't you do that? They're large, to be sure, but not at all heavy.
Old 11-10-2010, 09:05 AM
Demodded and Forgotten

That's seriously disappointing. I'm sure that came right off after you realized how fugly it looks. But you're right about it matching your front racing seats. Hope it gets resolved, Roy.

If only you could have shipped them your rear seats, foam included. In fact... heck, why can't you do that? They're large, to be sure, but not at all heavy.
It was a biatch putting them on too. Had to take the seats out...blah...blah...blah...

Good idea on shipping them. Let me get them back and see how they fit the second time around.

I knew I should have just reupholstered them....
Old 11-13-2010, 08:12 PM

Anyone have suggestions for renewing the painted plastic panel on the armrest? What kind of material will not get scratched as soon as it's installed>?
Old 11-13-2010, 08:52 PM
Demodded and Forgotten

Originally Posted by PaulfromOlney
Anyone have suggestions for renewing the painted plastic panel on the armrest? What kind of material will not get scratched as soon as it's installed>?
Snap some pics and let me see it.
Old 11-14-2010, 05:00 AM
Toolie

krylon p;astic paints are very durable if you let them cure for a week. Then clear coat them and let sit for another week. very hard to scratch
Old 11-14-2010, 05:32 PM

Originally Posted by knight_yyz
krylon p;astic paints are very durable if you let them cure for a week. Then clear coat them and let sit for another week. very hard to scratch
I painted all my interior pillars and upper plastic pieces w/ Krylon Fusion (no clear coat). It's been almost a year and it has held up perfectly. It's a really good product. Oh, and I used it on my grille recently (with clear coat) and it looks amazing so far.
Old 11-20-2010, 12:33 PM

How about aftermarket (manual) gear shift *****?

There are some pretty interesting ones out there, anyone swap out the OEM **** for something fancier?

Pictures?

Here is a couple for you Texas Maxima owners

Last edited by trooplewis; 11-20-2010 at 05:29 PM.
Old 11-20-2010, 05:57 PM
You embarrass me.

Originally Posted by trooplewis
How about aftermarket (manual) gear shift *****?

There are some pretty interesting ones out there, anyone swap out the OEM **** for something fancier?
Something I'd never do. The OEM **** is too perfect. I can't stand aftermarket ***** that stick out like an eyesore in a clean interior.

Rochester, new **** makes a big difference. I had the same looking one when I bought my car. The dealership gave me a gift card to the Parts dept (like they knew I was gonna have to buy things...) and got a new **** for $63 the day I picked up the car. Has held up well for 4 years with some Lexol on the sides, and Meguiars on the plastic.
Old 11-20-2010, 07:12 PM

I am also looking for a OME shift ****, I have a 2000 SE Manual, Can you tell me when can I buy one.
Old 11-24-2010, 08:23 PM
Demodded and Forgotten

So today I got a refund for the seat covers. I am going to get the seat re-upholstered instead. I know a guy who did the interior of his boat. He does a good job. Not sure why I didn't think of this before.

And to top it off, the rep at Seat Covers Plus got mad at me because I sent the seat covers back all dirty and with holes in it. It wouldn't have been a problem if they would have gotten it right the 1st time.

Everyone. Stay clear of Seat Covers Plus!!! The company is not reliable.
Old 11-24-2010, 08:24 PM
Demodded and Forgotten

Redline Goods door inserts for the driver's side are on the way. They said if I install them and write out detailed instructions, they'll do the passenger side free of charge.
Old 11-25-2010, 12:24 AM

I just keep my sit clean...
I want black leather seats, but aside from that, I don't give a rat's ***.

Last edited by RobertColianni; 11-25-2010 at 12:24 AM. Reason: I failed to add ownership to the *** of the rat.

Quick Reply: What do you do to make your cab look pretty?