5th Generation Maxima (2000-2003) Learn more about the 5th Generation Maxima, including the VQ30DE-K and VQ35DE engines.

What do you do to make your cab look pretty?

Search this Thread

Old 10-07-2010, 05:42 PM
Demodded and Forgotten

What do you do to make your cab look pretty?

With all this talk about engine bay bling this and nuts and bolts that, did we forget about the inside of our cars? We stare at it on a daily basis, probably more often than the engine bay (well, for most of you anyway).
Well, anyway, let's see what it is you do to to make the cab (and trunk if you want) look presentable.

AE door sills
350Z dead pedal
AE pedals
All season mats

Custom subwoofer boxes, trunk mat, dual amps, capacitor, Optima battery relocated and Stillen RSTB.

Sparco R100 seats with 3-point harnesses
Old 10-07-2010, 05:48 PM

Roy, I want your seats...

Those things are absolutely gorgeous.
Old 10-07-2010, 06:35 PM
bald aggression est 78

keep it clean and simple. key and inconspicuous placement for all mods@ Slcpunk PLEASE dont change that avatar,i get a chuckle every time i see it.( i wonder who's got the funniest avatar and or sig)

Last edited by Kountz430; 10-07-2010 at 06:39 PM.
Old 10-07-2010, 06:48 PM
Demodded and Forgotten

Turbo timer and boost controller.

Redline e-brake boot, Skunk2 shift **** and magic button

Wideband

Custom tweets. Tried to keep them as close to OEM as possible.
Old 10-07-2010, 07:18 PM

Once I get my LM-1 installed, I'm planning on getting myself a gauge pod for the A-pillar. Not sure what all gauges I'm going to run yet. AFR will be one of them, obviously.

But until (if I ever) boost, I'll have to find something else to fill it up with, considering they only make triple gauge pods for our cars.

VAFC-II will be mounted where rroderiques has his wideband.

Not sure what else is to come, though...my interior is pretty stock.

Kountz: Thanks. I've worn it out, personally. But it used to crack me up every time I saw it. I know a few other orgers have said the same. I'm planning on keeping it as it is.
Old 10-07-2010, 07:27 PM

Brilliant thread, Roy! I hope it catches on.

For a confusing few seconds, I couldn't figure out what I was looking at, thinking I was in the other thread for a moment.
Old 10-07-2010, 07:45 PM

OP, I'm looking through the photos that kicked off this thread, and had an idea. Your custom seats required a custom floor bracket, right? Is that something that came with the seat, or something you manufactured?

Either way, the dimensions of these new seats makes the frame clearly visible, right? Well, there's not a lot you're going to be able to do about that, unless you cover it with carpet material...

...so instead, why not go with it? By that I mean, take the frame out and have it powdercoated? Recall how I recently had my FSTB brackets powdercoated in "Black Chrome". That particular powdercoat is really, really appealing.

If you had your seat brackets done up, it would be more slick looking, and the lighter color would blend better with the surrounding components.

Then you can look at those big bolts. And I know you know there are all kinds of options there.
Old 10-07-2010, 07:48 PM
+Cru OG

Only way I know how to make a cab pretty ... I put a woman in it from time to time.
Old 10-07-2010, 07:52 PM

The right touch of LED lighting can make all the difference on the interior, too.

Can you tell which one of these visors is using LED?

Old 10-07-2010, 09:23 PM
Toolie

I have the TE door sills, blue led's everywhere, TE matched climate control and double din surround and center vent, custom shift light/wideband. In a few days the outside vents will also be color matched to TE paint as well as the clock. The led alarm light in the clock is blue, the fog light and defroster light are blue as well as the recirc led. Custom background on the double din. Chrome gauge rings but only on the speedo and tach. Digital clock and the digital climate control are also blue. Blue Flashers, and blue heated seat led's and blue cluster dimmer.

Oh and for ****s and giggles, I have a cluster which has all the led's converted to blue, blue abs light, blue SES etc...(sorry no pics yet)

Last edited by knight_yyz; 10-07-2010 at 09:31 PM.
Old 10-07-2010, 10:00 PM

i make my interior pretty with custom marble painted panels
11.5 TV'S
custom painted bullet tweeter
and my vafc2
Old 10-07-2010, 10:42 PM
Demodded and Forgotten

Originally Posted by Rochester
OP, I'm looking through the photos that kicked off this thread, and had an idea. Your custom seats required a custom floor bracket, right? Is that something that came with the seat, or something you manufactured?

Either way, the dimensions of these new seats makes the frame clearly visible, right? Well, there's not a lot you're going to be able to do about that, unless you cover it with carpet material...

...so instead, why not go with it? By that I mean, take the frame out and have it powdercoated? Recall how I recently had my FSTB brackets powdercoated in "Black Chrome". That particular powdercoat is really, really appealing.

If you had your seat brackets done up, it would be more slick looking, and the lighter color would blend better with the surrounding components.

Then you can look at those big bolts. And I know you know there are all kinds of options there.
I would definitely consider that option down the road.

Originally Posted by NisMoN00B
Only way I know how to make a cab pretty ... I put a woman in it from time to time.
Good call if the name of this thread was "What do you do to make your backseat look pretty?"
Seriously though Noob, you have the most appealing avatars on the Org.

The right touch of LED lighting can make all the difference on the interior, too.

Can you tell which one of these visors is using LED?

I have yet to explore my LED options for my cab. Hmmm...

Originally Posted by knight_yyz
I have the TE door sills, blue led's everywhere, TE matched climate control and double din surround and center vent, custom shift light/wideband. In a few days the outside vents will also be color matched to TE paint as well as the clock. The led alarm light in the clock is blue, the fog light and defroster light are blue as well as the recirc led. Custom background on the double din. Chrome gauge rings but only on the speedo and tach. Digital clock and the digital climate control are also blue. Blue Flashers, and blue heated seat led's and blue cluster dimmer.

Oh and for ****s and giggles, I have a cluster which has all the led's converted to blue, blue abs light, blue SES etc...(sorry no pics yet)

I think I know what your favorite color is. Nice contrast BTW...
Old 10-07-2010, 11:21 PM
Toolie

It was either that or Yellow.
Old 10-07-2010, 11:50 PM

Sweet! A spinoff from my engine bay thread this was a great idea!
Also a fan of blue LEDs. I dont want to repost a bunch of huge pics, so follow the link to my LED pics!
http://forums.maxima.org/5th-generat...-led-mods.html
Oh, and let's not forget...
http://forums.maxima.org/5th-generat...-109-leds.html

Last edited by jowo9; 10-08-2010 at 12:00 AM.
Old 10-08-2010, 04:58 AM

Originally Posted by jowo9
Sweet! A spinoff from my engine bay thread this was a great idea!
Also a fan of blue LEDs. I dont want to repost a bunch of huge pics, so follow the link to my LED pics!
http://forums.maxima.org/5th-generat...-led-mods.html
Oh, and let's not forget...
http://forums.maxima.org/5th-generat...-109-leds.html
I keep forgetting who the guru of interior lighting is in our forum.
Old 10-08-2010, 05:07 AM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

i want a jowo'd cluster

B
Old 10-08-2010, 05:09 AM

a crown royal shift bag...but i want to do some LED mods on the interior...i need a write up or something...

*edit*

after reading/looking at jowo's thread..scratch that i just need someone to do it lol

Last edited by phatboislim; 10-08-2010 at 05:13 AM.
Old 10-08-2010, 05:53 AM

Originally Posted by phatboislim
a crown royal shift bag...but i want to do some LED mods on the interior...i need a write up or something...

*edit*

after reading/looking at jowo's thread..scratch that i just need someone to do it lol
What jowo9 had done is a little intimidating from a DIY standpoint. So just start by replacing bulbs. Experiment with different designs & colors, and spread it out over a few months. Get cozy with ebay... bulbs are pretty inexpensive. In that way, you don't spend a lot of money at once, and you get a dirty little package from China every week or so, which is fun.

Which should be a practical change from the other dirty little packages you get from China... (That's funny, but seriously, some of these things are packaged with 20 year old, recycled tape. Weird.)

Last edited by Rochester; 10-08-2010 at 05:56 AM.
Old 10-08-2010, 05:57 AM

LMAO @ dirty little package from china...i havent recieved one of those in a while..i miss ebay, but you're right
Old 10-08-2010, 05:58 AM

Originally Posted by BLACKKILA.GTR
What's going on with the passenger front airbag?

It's probably the lighting... but it looks like a built-in tissue box.

Impressive work on the headrest LCD screens, BTW. Your children must love that! My kids would be jealous, for sure.

Last edited by Rochester; 10-08-2010 at 06:07 AM.
Old 10-08-2010, 06:08 AM

*edit*

the **** is crazy!!

im gonna LED the interiors as well. just need to get off my *** and do it.

im also adding some LEDs outside. sorry Rochester but im going to have to copy your amber LED running lights

B
Old 10-08-2010, 06:15 AM

Originally Posted by NissanMan97
im also adding some LEDs outside. sorry Rochester but im going to have to copy your amber LED running lights
Flattering, but not my idea. That was MIK3. I just followed his lead.
Old 10-08-2010, 06:16 AM

Flattering, but not my idea. That was MIK3. I just followed his lead.
well then i dont feel so bad.

amber seems the only way to go to make it look nice with out changing around my whole fog light/low beam combo

B
Old 10-08-2010, 06:18 AM

man i havent seen MIK3 sense he and i were trying to lead the amber HID fog movement, is he still on here?
Old 10-08-2010, 06:20 AM

man i havent seen MIK3 sense he and i were trying to lead the amber HID fog movement, is he still on here?
I just sniffed his profile () and figured out that he's involved in a move to California. I think he graduated pre-med at the beginning of the year, and is probably busy getting his new life off the ground. But I don't really remember the specifics.

But he's certainly a good member here. And if he's still rocking the Maxima, he'll probably be back again someday.
Old 10-08-2010, 06:22 AM

I just sniffed his profile () and figured out that he's involved in a move to California. I think he graduated pre-med at the beginning of the year, and is probably busy getting his new life off the ground. But I don't really remember the specifics.

But he's certainly a good member here. And if he's still rocking the Maxima, he'll probably be back again someday.
that life! what a *****!! always gets in the way of more important things

B
Old 10-08-2010, 06:23 AM

Originally Posted by rroderiques77
With those new seats, I think you should consider some kind of matching fabric in your door panel inserts.
Old 10-08-2010, 06:28 AM

With those new seats, I think you should consider some kind of matching fabric in your door panel inserts.

i would also add that you paint some interior pieces black, because the black e-brake boot and shift bag, and seats dont flow as well with the rest of the car

B
Old 10-08-2010, 06:29 AM

thats whats up, got to take care of priorities

Originally Posted by NissanMan97
that life! what a *****!! always gets in the way of more important things

B
Old 10-08-2010, 09:02 AM
Demodded and Forgotten

Originally Posted by knight_yyz
It was either that or Yellow.
Blue was a much better choice.

Back seat as well. I was thinking about the top of center console. Doesn't Redline Goods make something for it?
Old 10-08-2010, 09:12 AM

Originally Posted by rroderiques77
Back seat as well. I was thinking about the top of center console. Doesn't Redline Goods make something for it?
IDK. Write them; they're very responsive to email and PM.

Since the rear seat fabric is now mismatched with these front racing seats, I bet you the rear would look fine with a swap for OEM leather. In other words, instead of trying to match color, accept the mismatch and change the material.
Old 10-08-2010, 09:53 AM

a lot of nice interiors in this thread. great work roy and nice paint blackkila. i have a lot mapped out for my interior
Old 10-08-2010, 10:12 AM

haha, well, I definitely have been around the block when it comes to LEDs... if anyone has any questions on how to do interior LEDs, post them in this thread! I'd be happy to answer them. Just so everyone knows, the gauges I did took me like 3 days to finish, and it was the most tedious work I've ever done... but, I have a few suggestions as to how to do a simpler version of what I did that would probably look similar...
It's nice to have a consolidated 'cab' thread...
Old 10-08-2010, 10:20 AM

Red LEDs. In retrospect, probably not the best choice on a cream-colored interior. They look much more red in person, not the pinkish glow they have in the picture. That's pretty much my only interior mod, but I like lighting mods because they're cheap, easy, and make a noticeable difference instantly.

Other than that, the only other thing I do is keep my interior meticulously clean to complement the fact that it looks practically new. It was a company car before I bought it so the back seats have literally never been sat in. I think it must have been a smaller woman who drove it before me because both front seats show hardly any wear or creases in the leather, appalling for a car that has almost 120,000 miles.

Last edited by Waxima; 10-08-2010 at 10:23 AM.
Old 10-08-2010, 10:38 AM

Oh, and here are few other things I've done besides LEDs (I might surprise you again Rochester)... Sorry for the darkish pics... They're the best I could get right now.

Just for background, here's what happened: I painted all the pillars and other overhead trim pieces (map light console, dome light enclosure, holy **** handles) with Krylon Fusion (for plastic) flat black paint. Oh, and the Bose sub cover, rear dash, and child seatbelt covers are all black too...

Then, I attempted to recover the headliner with black faux-suede, but it was too cold when I did it, and the adhesive didn't set right.... so, due to lack of money at the time, I was forced to use Duplicolor Fabric paint and paint the headliner black... this worked surprisingly well, but because of my attempt at recovering, my headliner was covered in old adhesive... so now it's kinda crunchy and a little shiny in spots... I still really like it as an interim fix, as I plan on covering it with black faux-suede some day. As for now, at least it's black!
Let me know what you guys think about all black. I just didn't like black everywhere and then tan above the window lines...

Old 10-08-2010, 10:46 AM

jowo9, I really can't see what you're trying to demonstrate. Sorry, man. Camera fail.

Although I did notice the race-me decals on the rear window.
Old 10-08-2010, 10:48 AM
Demodded and Forgotten

Looks good Jowo.
Old 10-08-2010, 10:53 AM

My minor contribution to the topic, and more in support of Roy's post than something new (since I learned about this from Roy in the first place)... every single one of us should do this dead-pedal modification.

Last edited by Rochester; 10-09-2010 at 05:05 AM.
Old 10-08-2010, 10:58 AM

jowo, I've actually been thinking about doing that with my gray interior. it looks good.

I think that black and light gray look far classier than the dark gray/light gray combo Nissan used. I may look into it eventually...
Old 10-08-2010, 11:13 AM

jowo9, I really can't see what you're trying to demonstrate. Sorry, man. Camera fail.

Although I did notice the race-me decals on the rear window.
Yeah yeah, I know the pics suck, give me a break. Not everyone is OCD enough to take perfect macro pictures every time. At least you can see that it's black!
And yeah, I've been thinking of removing those stickers and putting some in the engine bay instead. I believe that's what you did?

Last edited by jowo9; 10-08-2010 at 11:46 AM.

Quick Reply: What do you do to make your cab look pretty?