5th Generation Maxima (2000-2003) Learn more about the 5th Generation Maxima, including the VQ30DE-K and VQ35DE engines.

300hp w/o mods?!?!?

Search this Thread

Old 12-19-2001, 11:15 AM
I'm needing a caw

Nissan can do it of course. They have access to all the ecu codes and changing them is a snap. But does this mechanic?? Highy doubtfull. I read about the ELSE project. It looked like most of the stuff was added from suppliers that we developed and JWT handled any of the ecu work.

Nismo ususally doens't offer stuff to the public unless they race the particular car/engine somewhere. Since the Maxima is not factory backed racing at all or very little, you don't see stuff like that offered in the Nissan Motorsports usa catalog. But I haven't seen one for sometime though.

Can I have the name and contact person at Impul or Autotech? I can email these people directly and ask them about importing modified ecus here. But it probably won't meet usa emissions or even work well with usa cars due to the octane differences.

BTW. Are you willing to post some pics up of some of your projects since they are all down the tubes now?
Old 12-19-2001, 11:32 AM
Rice Boy in Denial =)

Re: Re: Re: Flamed ?

Originally posted by yo_its_ok

***As for the person who PM'd me about the DE-DET hybrid, I'm gonna come to Canada, and kick your a**, if you PM me w/ **** like that, again.***

I won't do it again.

Still no Tomei yet.
Old 12-19-2001, 11:57 AM
Rice Boy in Denial =)

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Flamed ?

I'm calling Nathan now.
Thanks. Could you please get a tracking number on that?
Old 12-19-2001, 12:01 PM
I'm needing a caw

Well, I guess I can understand. But realize this, if we can't get it, it might was well be non-existent.

I would just like to see a pic of anything you have done just for the fun of it.

Jeff, IMPUL is the only one making ECUs for A32 chasis, as for emissions compliance, I have tested it, and I didn't have any problems, that would've been resolved had I not been a bumble f*ck. The 3 ECU's I've recieved from them were custom burned for a specific application w/ corresponding A/F dyno plots, or the motor was sent there to be tuned. Only reason I got in contact with them is because I do a lot of work on WRXs, and I got some interesting connections through an export agent in Japan.(Taka.)
Autech, like I said before, offers accessories for your car including body kits.
NISMO Intl offers parts for Z, GTR, Silvias, Sentra, but nothing for Cefiro/Maxima, hopefully that'll change in a few years.
Nissan Motorsports USA, caters to 510 guys, and the nostalgic racers, even SUVs, nothing much for the Maxima.

Jeff as for posting pics, I went through a whole discussion w/ Confused, and decided to hold on and see what I can do with it @ Nissan. Maybe offer PowerDyne S/C kit through them, as for the Turbo, it was all simply taking a gamble doing research and putting the right pool of heads together. It was more a pet project, than a full blown "look what I did" on Maxima.org.
Simply put, these are my "trade secrets."
Old 12-19-2001, 12:16 PM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

Re: Re: Re: Flamed ?

As for the person who PM'd me about the DE-DET hybrid, I'm gonna come to Canada, and kick your a**, if you PM me w/ **** like that, again.***
This is interesting ... who was it? We're a fairly small community here ... inquiring minds would like to know!
Old 12-19-2001, 01:16 PM

Wouldnt it be great to get this kinda power though without mods.

SuDZ
Old 12-19-2001, 04:03 PM
DOM

For the fun of it ???

E, "he" has been warned as of this thread, I've had a PM battle with him for the last week, and I'm sick of his games. If he would like to start something, I'd like him to set a time and date, and we'll settle this in person. I'm really not in the mood for hide-behind-the-monitor BS. Period.

I've honestly taken enough BS from several .org members, about what I post, and why I don't bother w/ pics anymore or proof. Whatever they want to think, so be it. I show up to meets. I don't just post BS, and hide from the public, like other "Maxima-Myth Tellers." I do what I can do, and I enjoy it. Those that trivialize what I post, ok, they are entitled, but now I want to take the next step, and bring it to public attention. My shot @ Nissan, even if it will be pencil pushing, and listening to customer complaints, will give me a chance, to incorporate some of my ideas into NISMO USA coming in the fall. I don't have the capital to go through with the ideas, and w/ my own business, I wasn't making the $$$ to extend into a lucrative tuner market. I could only dedicate myself to my cars, and thats it. I tried so hard to try and get some investor support w/ no avail, cause I didn't give my 110% to proposition I made to try and get some investment capital.
Debt piling up from my violations, and reprecussions for decisions made on the road and in the shop, I can no longer support my own hobby. I need a job w/ salary and given Nissan can give me that, and I know my way around a car and their products, it seems like my best alternative. I have SBA loans to pay back over the next several years or so, and I can't assume anymore debt. When I had my talk w/ Confused, I talked to him about what I could do, and my alternatives. I've worked on his car before, and done alot for the NYC-NJ Area Maximas. I don't just talk ****, and flake off during meets. I show up, represent what I do, and have fun in the process. I do things w/ my two hands, basic to advanced, I have the skill, I have good teachers who taught me alot, they know what I do, and they are proud. I've met some of the most influential tuners in the industry, that do work around NYC, and LI. They know a Maxima has potential, and I show off some ideas, some are just plain pipe dreams, while others were feasible, but only with help. I got the help with the help of so many people, and I appreciate it alot, only to have **** talk behind my back in other BBS' and so forth. Showing pictures don't do justice, w/ all the PS programs to manipulate photos, why should I ? To have some pen!s envy monkey blind link to someone they built the car ? Start some net war over a photo, as for the requests about sending the pics to them, what's the point ? To prove I'm not just BS'n around, for all the people who met me, you think I'd even show my face ? No one would, but I do, why ? Cause I do this ****. If my intake wasn't creative enough, I'm sorry...if that custom intake means nothing, ok so be it. I have a shot to have some sort of factory recognition of a product, and I can care less what one loudy BBS thinks about it.
Being threatened by another member, and a change of attitude, he'll get what's coming if he does do what he said he'll do.
I'm not some shady guy, ask anyone I hang with, am I fuct up ? No. I do goofy things, cause I enjoy life, I enjoy what I do. Ask anyone at Woodbury, who would be crazy enough to do a Figure 8 in front of mall security given the oppurtunity and get away with it w/ a smile, and a good laugh ?
Enjoy the Drive.

SuDz, maybe one day.
Old 12-19-2001, 04:11 PM
Rice Boy in Denial =)

Originally posted by DOM

Old 12-19-2001, 04:39 PM
I'm needing a caw

Well that was long winded and really has nothing to do with me Hogan.

Okay so let's say you have done everything you have done. Ok fine. If we don't know how you did it or see some pics to see how you did it(to help the rest of us visualize) it doesn't really help the maxima community at all. I don't care what the other have said/done/said they would do/etc..... All I care about is trying to get some new mods for the community. See the difference? It's not if I "believe" you or not. It's if you can offer us some new mods or not. Now I'm not demanding you provide anything. I see you post to help others. That's fine and appreciated. But in all honestly, I guess all these great mods/projects/cars/motors/turbos/superchargers that you have done/not done doesn't really help me, that's for sure.

So I'll start w/ the ecu since it's the hardest. If you can provide some contacts at Impul, I will arrange to have them contacted. If you have impported 4 ecus already, it can be done again. I can get wheels etc.. from Japan also. I have a few buddies there also. But I doubt anyone wants to pay $500+ for some used Skyline wheels or what have you. So I don't.

Hogan, I don't know you and will probably never meet you. So all I have is what I see on the board. If you are going to be in Ca. come the fall, maybe I can visit for dinner/lunch. But I would really want to see is the project cars, so I can see how the tubes were arranged and how the turbo was set etc....I don't care who did it. I just want to see how it was done.

So you see Hogan, I don't care if you have done these things are not. But if I can't get anything out of the text(which is the only thing I have to go on), it doesn't do anything for me. But then again, it may not have been your intention to do anything for me either. I didn't ask,pay or even request it. But to post what you have done, it in a way implies you are willing to share what you did w/ the rest of the maxima community. Especially when you have sucessfully finished a turbo install right? I think you would know everyone would want info correct? But in the past you said you could not share becuase of arrangements correct? But now all of those arrangements are done and void? So since you don't have to worry about those, I thought you would be willing to let everyone see your pictures that you have. Someone must have done the tubing work. They can do it again so if you can pass that information on, the NE guys can have turbos on their maximas alot sooner.

So that's it. Not a flame, just an honest observation.
Old 12-19-2001, 04:41 PM

Re: 300hp w/o mods?!?!?

Originally posted by crzyballa33
I was speaking with my friend who has a friend that knows some mechanic at Nissan. He told me that his friend has a 2k maxima who got his engine "tweaked" WITHOUT adding any mods and got his car up to 300hp. Is this really possible? IF so, what do you do?
I asked what the mechanic did to the car. He didnt know and told me to go to Nissan and ask the mechanic. Anyone hear anything similar to this?
As Spock would say: "Captain - that must be some seriously potent weed that lifeform is smoking! I suggest we investigate further."
Old 12-19-2001, 04:48 PM
I'm needing a caw

This thread was a goner from the beginning.

Any other comments directed towards me...PM me, I feel bad enough cause of my stupid mouth and correction of a .org members comments I made his thread go to ****.
Old 12-19-2001, 05:03 PM
Rice Boy in Denial =)

OK, it's done.