WHAT R THE SYMPTOMS OF A BAD INTAKE AIR TEMP SENSOR - Maxima Forums



5th Generation Maxima (2000-2003) Learn more about the 5th Generation Maxima, including the VQ30DE-K and VQ35DE engines.

WHAT R THE SYMPTOMS OF A BAD INTAKE AIR TEMP SENSOR

Reply
 
 
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 12-21-2010, 05:20 PM   #1
Member
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Posts: 225
WHAT R THE SYMPTOMS OF A BAD INTAKE AIR TEMP SENSOR

JUST CURIOUS ON THE SYMPTOMS OF A BAD AIT (AIR INTAKE TEMP SENSOR)

ANY IDEAS

IM ASSUMING IT CAN FOWEL UP BOTH WAYS,

THINK THE INTAKE TEMP IS WARM WHEN THE CAR IS COLD,
OR THINK THE INTAKE TEMP IS COLD WHEN THE CAR IS WARM,
getflushed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2010, 05:27 PM   #2
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Fontana, CA
Posts: 1,757
its actually called an IAT (intake air temp) sensor. and a faulty one will set off a check engine light with either a P0113 or P0112 code. someone correct me if im wrong.
5 ltr. beater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2010, 05:30 PM   #3
Member
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Posts: 225
OOPS

HAHAHA thanks i was pretty close iat... but i was more think of drivable syptoms if any???? would hesitation or anything happen????
Quote:
Originally Posted by 5 ltr. beater View Post
its actually called an IAT (intake air temp) sensor. and a faulty one will set off a check engine light with either a P0113 or P0112 code. someone correct me if im wrong.
getflushed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2010, 05:56 PM   #4
Senior Member
iTrader: (1)
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Alberta, Canada
Posts: 1,022
I had P0113 and I ordered a Honeywell thermistor that has the same specs to replace my thermistor (IAT). I won't have my code reader back til next week so I don't know if it got rid of my code, but I'm assuming it did. If you want to order one of these Honeywell thermistors, the part number is 135-202FAG-J01... just use google's product search to find it.

Not sure about drivability symptoms. The car varies in performance so much anyway (depending on temperature, humidity), so I don't know if it was slowing my car down or not. Buuut, it's nice to have the peace of mind knowing I have a properly functioning IAT.

Last edited by jowo9; 12-21-2010 at 05:59 PM.
jowo9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2010, 06:10 PM   #5
Member
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Posts: 225
thanks... ill check into it i know the cts has a dramatic change on drivability i thought the ait might as well
Quote:
Originally Posted by jowo9 View Post
I had P0113 and I ordered a Honeywell thermistor that has the same specs to replace my thermistor (IAT). I won't have my code reader back til next week so I don't know if it got rid of my code, but I'm assuming it did. If you want to order one of these Honeywell thermistors, the part number is 135-202FAG-J01... just use google's product search to find it.

Not sure about drivability symptoms. The car varies in performance so much anyway (depending on temperature, humidity), so I don't know if it was slowing my car down or not. Buuut, it's nice to have the peace of mind knowing I have a properly functioning IAT.
getflushed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2010, 06:15 PM   #6
Senior Member
iTrader: (1)
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Alberta, Canada
Posts: 1,022
Quote:
Originally Posted by getflushed View Post
thanks... ill check into it i know the cts has a dramatic change on drivability i thought the ait might as well
Sorry if this is a question with an obvious answer, but what are you referring to when you say "CTS"?
jowo9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2010, 06:18 PM   #7
Senior Member
iTrader: (1)
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Alberta, Canada
Posts: 1,022
Oh, and I just noticed you have a 5th gen. This means that your IAT is separate from your MAF (unlike mine), and I don't know if it's the same thermistor. You might want to look into that.
jowo9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2010, 09:44 PM   #8
Member
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Posts: 225
"CTS" I thought stood for "Coolant Temp Sensor" sorry I could be wrong though... Yea a 5th gen is what me gots! I never realized the thermistor in the MAF was the "AIT"..... COOL!
Quote:
Originally Posted by jowo9 View Post
Oh, and I just noticed you have a 5th gen. This means that your IAT is separate from your MAF (unlike mine), and I don't know if it's the same thermistor. You might want to look into that.
getflushed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2010, 07:56 AM   #9
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Rhode Island
Posts: 79
..ya my ses light just popped on last night and guess what code it was...yuuuup the infamous code p0113!!! my car drives and feels absolutely fine. its funny because i havent had a ses light on since i did my full exhaust(needed 02 simulator). I go out and spend $600 bucks on suspension and steering parts that i didnt necessarily need as of this very minute and as soon as im done picking up the last of the parts(inner tie rods) BANG ses light comes on while driving home.
sal210 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2010, 01:31 PM   #10
Da Roller Coaster!
iTrader: (15)
 
foodmanry's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2002
Location: Los Angeles, CA
Posts: 3,916
New sensor is like $30 to $40 at the dealer IIRC...just buy one.
foodmanry is offline   Reply With Quote
 
 
Reply

Related Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Bad transmission bearing? HOKUSMAX 7th Generation Maxima (2009-2015) 4 11-13-2017 05:34 AM
Head Gasket Job----how much would you pay? FlaMark 5th Generation Maxima (2000-2003) 25 08-28-2015 11:15 AM
Car doesn't crank in hot weather (*sometimes) bc992164 4th Generation Maxima (1995-1999) 9 08-26-2015 01:19 PM
R2C short ram air intake: review MaximaDrvr 7th Generation Maxima (2009-2015) 16 08-19-2015 09:20 PM
Electrical Problems Samedi 4th Generation Maxima (1995-1999) 11 08-13-2015 05:05 PM


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -7. The time now is 09:48 PM.


We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.