5th Generation Maxima (2000-2003) Learn more about the 5th Generation Maxima, including the VQ30DE-K and VQ35DE engines.

Need Reliability review on Megan COs

Search this Thread

Old 01-02-2011, 08:26 PM

Need Reliability review on Megan COs

I've heard good things about them so far, need some imput from 5th Gen owners who HAVE THESE ON THEIR CARS and any negative comments?

Running NYC 'like' Temps and road conditions (Southern Ontario), need to know if they are going to last.
Good reviews from 240sx and EVO forums. No mention of reliability though.
Old 01-02-2011, 08:55 PM

their was just a thread on them...guy loves them ride good and said their made great....i have a brand new set in my room waiting to go on my car... so weil see lol
Old 01-02-2011, 09:12 PM
DO NOT DO BUSINESS WITH THIS MEMBER - OWES PEOPLE MONEY

Megans are just rebadged and cheaper built BC racing coilovers. They don't come with the rear remote adjusters for the dampers and are made with less beefy parts all around. Replacement parts are harder to get and I am doubtful the warranty is covered as completely as it is from BC.

I'd recommend stepping up 100-200 bucks and just going BC racing.
Old 01-03-2011, 06:13 AM

Originally Posted by sparks03max
Megans are just rebadged and cheaper built BC racing coilovers. They don't come with the rear remote adjusters for the dampers and are made with less beefy parts all around. Replacement parts are harder to get and I am doubtful the warranty is covered as completely as it is from BC.

I'd recommend stepping up 100-200 bucks and just going BC racing.
Thanks for the comments. I have heard that they are actually the same as the $1800-2000 Apexi COs.. That's from the 240 boys though.
As far as being built by BC, any confirmations that this is true or just lots of hear-say?

I'm looking for reliability and if I can't find a 5 year/90,000mi Type of coilover I will probably go with Progress Springs and KYB GR2s or Illuminas.

I haven't found any long term reliability reviews, even though the MR COs have been out for our cars for a long time. There is a great group deal on them right now.

Thoughts?
Old 01-03-2011, 07:09 AM

Is the "rebadged and cheaper built" information directly from BC, or from Megan?
What replacement parts have you tried to get?

Thanks
Old 01-03-2011, 09:41 AM

Originally Posted by TunerMaxima3000
Thanks for the comments. I have heard that they are actually the same as the $1800-2000 Apexi COs.. That's from the 240 boys though.
As far as being built by BC, any confirmations that this is true or just lots of hear-say?

I'm looking for reliability and if I can't find a 5 year/90,000mi Type of coilover I will probably go with Progress Springs and KYB GR2s or Illuminas.

I haven't found any long term reliability reviews, even though the MR COs have been out for our cars for a long time. There is a great group deal on them right now.

Thoughts?
I just spent an hour with google to find the info. Much of it came from the 350z forums. The majority of it is anecdotal evidence, some with pictures and close inspection that suggest they are both manufactured in the same factory in Taiwan and that BC has some nice things like optional spring rates, physically bigger dampers, coarser height adjustment threads, locking lower rings and they come with rear adjustment cables whereas the Megans do not.

Last edited by sparks03max; 01-03-2011 at 09:44 AM.
Old 01-03-2011, 09:46 AM

I will probably go with Progress Springs and KYB GR2s or Illuminas.

Thoughts?
If you have potholes, roadseams or anything other than smooth roads in your area I wouldn't. Just go coilover, if you live in a cold environment then keep your stock suspension for the winter and switch to COs in the spring. The cold weather thickens the oil in COs too much and causes them to blow.
Old 01-03-2011, 04:04 PM

Originally Posted by Froggmann
If you have potholes, roadseams or anything other than smooth roads in your area I wouldn't. Just go coilover, if you live in a cold environment then keep your stock suspension for the winter and switch to COs in the spring. The cold weather thickens the oil in COs too much and causes them to blow.
You wouldn't what?

I am definately not switching suspensions twice a year. No time for that kind of crap these days.

I keep hearing that the seals go bad and then hearing it's a load of crap... Is this from experience? I can't seem to get a solid answer on whether cold weather really bothers them or not, that's what's holding me back from coilovers the most.

And my concerns about the Megan stuff is that traditionally, everything they make is junk, but so far the CO's have gotten good reviews from other forums.
Old 01-03-2011, 04:13 PM

I was talking about Progress springs. They're good in the corners and look great on the car but at least in the front they leave very little in the way of travel. Basically every pothole, every out of whack road seam feels like you just slammed into a curb.

As for conversations I have seen on this board regarding coilovers those who have little to no problems with them either park their cars over the winter or live in warmer areas like the south or southwest areas of the US where "cold" means the temp dipped down into the 50s. Those who do have problems wiht them either blow out the pillowball mounts on potholes or have the seals blow after driving on them during a cold winter.
Old 01-03-2011, 04:52 PM

Originally Posted by Froggmann
I was talking about Progress springs. They're good in the corners and look great on the car but at least in the front they leave very little in the way of travel. Basically every pothole, every out of whack road seam feels like you just slammed into a curb.

As for conversations I have seen on this board regarding coilovers those who have little to no problems with them either park their cars over the winter or live in warmer areas like the south or southwest areas of the US where "cold" means the temp dipped down into the 50s. Those who do have problems wiht them either blow out the pillowball mounts on potholes or have the seals blow after driving on them during a cold winter.
Hmm what would be the best alternative for even drop and smooth ride then, H&R?

This is my concern, I am so close to ordering the Megans cause of the price, but I'd rather pay for Tein SS if they are not going to last me. Or just get springs and Shocks.

Does no one have reviews on these???
Old 01-03-2011, 05:03 PM

im confused as are you...id recommend just keeping your stock suspension so when they do/if they do blow, you can put your other suspension on while doing the replacement
Old 01-03-2011, 05:44 PM

Originally Posted by phatboislim
im confused as are you...id recommend just keeping your stock suspension so when they do/if they do blow, you can put your other suspension on while doing the replacement
This I will definately be doing regardless of my set up.
I just don't want to bother with something that's destined to fail.

These coilovers have been out so long, I've read a few threads saying members have posted reviews on them, but I can't find any, what's the deal with them, are they any good?
Old 01-03-2011, 05:54 PM

These coilovers have been out so long, I've read a few threads saying members have posted reviews on them, but I can't find any, what's the deal with them, are they any good?
In general coilovers aren't an install and forget mod. Even the really high end ones like the JICs will require rebuilds relatively often. I'd expect to be rebuilding them every 20-30k miles on average, so getting a set that have the best post-warranty support would be worth it IMO. I also wouldn't buy a set with rears that can't be adjusted without removing them.

Have heard plenty of good things about MR coilovers, including a good comment here and there on these forums.
Old 01-03-2011, 06:03 PM

In general coilovers aren't an install and forget mod. Even the really high end ones like the JICs will require rebuilds relatively often. I'd expect to be rebuilding them every 20-30k miles on average, so getting a set that have the best post-warranty support would be worth it IMO. I also wouldn't buy a set with rears that can't be adjusted without removing them.

Have heard plenty of good things about MR coilovers, including a good comment here and there on these forums.
Just to throw it in there, how to Tein SS's compare to others in these areas? Are the rear ones easily adjustable. I just wonder, because I've heard nothing but good things about Teins.
Old 01-03-2011, 09:11 PM

Originally Posted by jowo9
Just to throw it in there, how to Tein SS's compare to others in these areas? Are the rear ones easily adjustable. I just wonder, because I've heard nothing but good things about Teins.
They have a set up for under $1200 + $100 shipping + Customs.

I'm waiting till tomorrow for feedback from seller, but I'm ready to just buy them, good deal!!!
Old 01-03-2011, 09:45 PM

They have a set up for under $1200 + $100 shipping + Customs.

I'm waiting till tomorrow for feedback from seller, but I'm ready to just buy them, good deal!!!
Yeah, I found them online a couple weeks ago for $1165 shipped. If I had any money, I'd definitely pick up a set. That's what I'm saving for though
Old 01-04-2011, 02:33 AM

only BAD thing ive heard about the Megans is that they arent as beefy as teh BCs...but ive heard that they come out of the same factory as BC and that the ride on these are just awesome. i believe, if i didnt order my BCs already i would have got a set of these
Old 01-04-2011, 06:23 AM

only BAD thing ive heard about the Megans is that they arent as beefy as teh BCs...but ive heard that they come out of the same factory as BC and that the ride on these are just awesome. i believe, if i didnt order my BCs already i would have got a set of these
How does the ride compare to the Tein SS? Smoothness, etc. Many have said the Tein SS is as close to stock smoothness as you can get with any measurable drop.
Old 01-04-2011, 06:30 AM

i have personally NEVER ridden on coilovers in my life, but from the threads ive read, as far as close to stock ride...Tein SS, BC inverted coilovers and JIC A2 coilovers are the best in achieving this ride....best is mentioned from last to first in that listing. here is a thread i found on nycmaximas regarding ALL coilovers available, primarily for the 5/5.5 gens. excellent thread!!!

http://nycmaximas.org/showthread.php?t=28904

i should be installing my coilovers in February. i have some maintenance to take care of prior to installing these, necessities first.
Old 01-04-2011, 08:27 AM

i have personally NEVER ridden on coilovers in my life, but from the threads ive read, as far as close to stock ride...Tein SS, BC inverted coilovers and JIC A2 coilovers are the best in achieving this ride....best is mentioned from last to first in that listing. here is a thread i found on nycmaximas regarding ALL coilovers available, primarily for the 5/5.5 gens. excellent thread!!!

i should be installing my coilovers in February. i have some maintenance to take care of prior to installing these, necessities first.
Freaking amazing link! Thanks so much man I've been days and days looking for something like this. LMAO at all the 'Dampening' though, must be getting pretty wet over there at NYCMax ahaha
Old 01-04-2011, 08:39 AM

lol i know...i'm going to have to go through my setting to figure out whats the best setting for mine when i have mine installed, but yes, that link is exactly what the org needs
Old 01-04-2011, 10:17 AM

lol i know...i'm going to have to go through my setting to figure out whats the best setting for mine when i have mine installed, but yes, that link is exactly what the org needs
What did you end up getting?

And I wish I was in the lower 48 states. So CHEAP for Tein SS.

Unfortunately Shipped to me would be over $1500. I can buy them here for that, sucks.

I haven't heard much about BC coilovers ride, if it's better than Tein SS maybe I should look closer into this, any links to reviews comparing them?
They are cheaper too.
Old 01-04-2011, 10:38 AM

i ended up getting the BC non-inverted coilovers. the BC inverted coilovers supposedly ride better than the Tein SS...again reread that link. it should give you info on them. but as far as comfort, i believe it goes like this:

JIC A2s, BC Inverted, Tein SS.

as far as locating some as i mentioned in PM...reread that link, he has links on where to purchase them(i didnt click the links on where to purchase them, so if they are dead) ebay, vendors on the web, or even rim shops around you or tuner shops. Let them know what you are looking for part no. etc, and im sure they will be able to help you get what you need/want.

if the other member on nycmaximas wasnt acting like a douchenozzle, i would have got the inverted ones, but i have this thing that if you act like a douchenozzle once, ESPECIALLY IN YOUR THREAD WHERE IM ASKING ABOUT A PRICE, then theres no need for me to get ANYTHING, even if it cost $1 shipped, from you. so hence why i'm waiting for my non inverted. GL on your search
Old 01-05-2011, 05:40 AM

http://nycmaximas.org/showthread.php?t=57834

read that thread as well concerning the BC coilovers, close to the bottom of the first page. in essence what is said is that the non-inverted BC coilovers are best for DD/street tuners, those who put mileage on their cars...the inverted, while more comfortable to ride in than the non-inverted, will have the tendency to blow quicker since they are more geared towards strict performance (road course, tarmac, etc). i'm willing to bet you dont do so much performance, your car is your daily, so go w/ the non-inverted...IMO
Old 01-05-2011, 10:06 AM

^Yeah sounds like that's what would be best for me if I want to go a bit cheaper than Teins.

Unfortunately, BC doenst want to return or answer calls or emails for the past 3 days now. So I think I will forget them altoghether.
Unless they come back with a great deal for me... and unless they have Canadian dealers,
shipping usually rules out any possible discounts off the Tein SS,
I can get my paws on Tein SS for $1500 Taxes in (pick up locally).

Anyone in Canada/Ontario looking for this deal I can likely get it for you, if you can pick up or justify shipping (no customs or brokerage). PM me for details.

You guys don't know how lucky you are to be able to get them for $1200. Most places here they are $1600, $1700 plus %13 tax.

Last edited by TunerMaxima3000; 01-05-2011 at 10:09 AM.
Old 01-05-2011, 10:35 AM

^Yeah sounds like that's what would be best for me if I want to go a bit cheaper than Teins.

Unfortunately, BC doenst want to return or answer calls or emails for the past 3 days now. So I think I will forget them altoghether.
Unless they come back with a great deal for me... and unless they have Canadian dealers,
shipping usually rules out any possible discounts off the Tein SS,
I can get my paws on Tein SS for $1500 Taxes in (pick up locally).

Anyone in Canada/Ontario looking for this deal I can likely get it for you, if you can pick up or justify shipping (no customs or brokerage). PM me for details.

You guys don't know how lucky you are to be able to get them for $1200. Most places here they are $1600, $1700 plus %13 tax.

If you live relatively close to the border like I do, you can locate places that you can have packages shipped to for pick-up. That's how I get things at US prices, cuz I'm only 1 hour from the border.
Old 01-05-2011, 11:28 AM

can you not ebay those coilovers? the warranty is through them and not the vendor...
Old 01-06-2011, 06:30 AM

If you live relatively close to the border like I do, you can locate places that you can have packages shipped to for pick-up. That's how I get things at US prices, cuz I'm only 1 hour from the border.
This is something to consider... I'm about 2 hours away from the nearest border.. may be worth while to investigate further, thanks for the advice!
Old 01-06-2011, 09:37 AM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

i ended up getting the BC non-inverted coilovers. the BC inverted coilovers supposedly ride better than the Tein SS...again reread that link. it should give you info on them. but as far as comfort, i believe it goes like this:

JIC A2s, BC Inverted, Tein SS.
I'd like to know how any CO can be better than the Tein SS's. Im not bashing the other brands, but I've been on Tein SS's for over a year, pretty low, and it still rides very stock like...just wondering how much better it could be.
Old 01-06-2011, 10:14 AM

i'm not going to knock your thoughts over mine...but have you ridden on any other coilover beside Tein SS?
Old 01-06-2011, 10:51 AM

This is something to consider... I'm about 2 hours away from the nearest border.. may be worth while to investigate further, thanks for the advice!
PM sent about my border pick up technique
Old 01-06-2011, 10:52 AM

Originally Posted by vastmax
I'd like to know how any CO can be better than the Tein SS's. Im not bashing the other brands, but I've been on Tein SS's for over a year, pretty low, and it still rides very stock like...just wondering how much better it could be.
Yeah, I've never heard even one bad thing about Teins. The other brands on the other hand......(well, not so much BCs, 'cause I haven't heard too much about them)... So when I finally have the money to cough up for COs, it'll be for the Teins. No use cheaping out and regretting it.
Old 01-06-2011, 11:01 AM

if you read that link, you'll see why i listed as i listed. i'm not speaking from personal experience..but thats what i've been told and that link sorta concretes my list

*edit* read post #9-12 in regards to my listing of JICs, BCs and Teins

Last edited by phatboislim; 01-06-2011 at 11:04 AM.
Old 01-06-2011, 11:05 AM

if you read that link, you'll see why i listed as i listed. i'm not speaking from personal experience..but thats what i've been told and that link sorta concretes my list

*edit* read post #9-12 in regards to my listing of JICs, BCs and Teins
Ah, right... it won't let me read it unless I'm a member. So I guess I'll sign up...
Old 01-06-2011, 11:06 AM

Ah, right... it won't let me read it unless I'm a member. So I guess I'll sign up...
ill post it on here for you
Old 01-06-2011, 11:14 AM

This post is a copy of post #9-12 in regards to JIC, BC and Tein coilovers from this thread:

signup if you want to read more of the other coilovers

Originally Posted by K3Y

JIC A1

Ok, First off. There is a difference between all 3. The Jic A1's dont ride as good as the A2s AT ALL. Why not, becase of the damper. The A2's is the G.O.A.T, and is as Good as it gets in the maxima world. The A2's hand's down take Comfort, and handling. You get the aggressive/street handling with the comfort. These coilovers rode beautiful on my car, I never had not ONE problem with them. Once I put these on, i actually never had to touch my suspension, and all I had was a strut bar. My axles were good, Control arms were good. And I was riding on 19's. A2's are top notch coilovers, because of the inverted dampers. Only coilover's made for maxima that have this. Thats what makes these coilover ride so much different than all others. They cost a pretty penny, but WELL worth it. Would I get these again, Damn right. Price is no option if I want comfort and handling all in one. Some stores dont carry the A2's no more, and I found out the spring rate is different on the VIP's. All you have to do is just get the same spring rate as the A2's, and the ride will be just the same. A2's is coilovers where you can SLAM the car and STILL have a damn comfy ride

More info On A1's

Designed for US spec models…these coilovers are priced at a much lower priced compared to the other coilovers that JIC has to offer. Cool bend linear rate springs combined with nitrogen twin-tube gas shocks help the coilovers function properly on the steet and on the strip!

Non-Adjustable Dampening

Cool Bend Linear Rate Springs

Twintube Nitrogen Gas Damper

Duralumin 6061 Seats

Adjustable Height Lower Bracket

Price:*A1's = 1300+

I Want to Buy A1's

http://hopupracing.com/jicmafltwcos2.html

http://optionimports.com/jic-magic-c...rs-nissan.html

Originally Posted by K3Y
JIC A2's

More Info On A2's

FLT-A2 Series suspension kits are JIC Magic's flagship coilover setup! The FLT-A2 features lightweight, 15-way adjustable inverted monotube 40/45mm piston dampers that ensure high strength and fade free performance. The ride height is adjustable, separate from the spring perch giving maximum suspension travel at any setting. This also allows for proper corner weighting of the vehicle without effecting spring preload settings. Also features linear springs that give laser precision steering response in all kinds of harsh road conditions.

All JIC Magic coilover kits include upper pillow ball mounts for improved chassis stiffness and better handling while the MacPherson strut design helps benefit front camber adjustability providing built-in caster/camber adjustment. The multi-link suspension design features CNC machined aluminum lower brackets or high tensile steel brackets depending on the application.

15-Way Adjustable Dampening

Inverted Monotube 40-45mm Piston Dampers

Anodized Aircraft Aluminum Pillow Ball Upper Mount

Adjustable Height from ½ to 3-inch Drop

Duralumin 6061 Lower Seat

Cool-Bend Chrome Silicon Metal Linear Rate Springs

Rubber Bump Stops Prevents Bottoming Out

Aircraft Aluminum/Hard Steel Brackets

Price:A2's = 1800+

I Want to Buy A2's

http://hopupracing.com/jicmacosy20m.html

http://optionimports.com/jic-magic-c...rs-nissan.html

Originally Posted by K3Y
BC Racing Coilovers

Ok, Im back with a next coilover review. The BC Racing Coilovers. Where should I start, well, I've ridden in 3 differet cars with these coilovers, so thats 3 different chasis to get a idea of how these handle.

(5.5 Maxima)

-2 months installed & driven-

The coilovers rode pretty good, the only problem we HAD(past tense), was a excessive knocking. Come ot find out that we didnt tighten soemthing(lol). No noise, nothing. And we had it set on FULL STIFF. Any little dips or bumps that came, you can feel the coilover taking the abuse with the car getting very minimal, or nothing at all(meaning you feeling it). The car had k-sports before, and they actually ride the same, But the BC racing coilovers did way better in taking pothole or cracks, and doesnt bounce as much as the k-sports do. But remember, we had both k-sports and bc racing coils on full stiff, so the very small amount of bounce was from that. And when i say small bouncing, i mean the car regains stability QUICK, real QUICK. K-sports, took a few bounces before it got back to driving regular

G35(2006)

-1/2 week installed & driven-

Same thing as the maxima, no real difference. Just handles better than stock obviously, and rode even more better than the maxima(stronger chasis)

96 Supra TT

-5 days installed & driven-

lol, Same exact shyt as the G35.

All in All, The ride was very quiet, no noise, no creaks, no knocking @ all. The coilovers gave each customer the satisfaction they wanted. A Coilover setup made for the street, occasional aggressive driving/spirited driving, and track days while keeping the car feeling stable, quiet, and rider comfort. I have absolutely nothing bad to say about these coilovers. And none of the 3 that were installed we're the inverted versions. So think about it, the inverted ones may ride even more better. I actually even bought me a set which I will be installing soon as I have a 1 month wait on a set of JIC's for my whip.

So I give the BC Racing Coilovers a thumbs up for anyone contemplating about it.

(update today)

Also to add, The G35 and the Supra BOTH had Tein Coilovers(also me). Tein Coilovers are GARBAGE, the only Coils that actually rode good on my Car we're the Tein SS & Tein CS. The Tein Basic also MAY pass. I had a chance to install and try out every Tein Coilover for my car, and those 3 we're the only ones that passed. And thats because the lowest setting on them still left me with like a baby finger gap, and they we're made for Luxury, not aggressive/sport driving. I actually just threw away my Tein Flex in the garbage, and I gave some fellow toyota heads the other coilovers I tried for free. Just ranting lol, because I cant believe how much better my car rides with the BC Racing Coilovers, I really thought my car just needed new control arms, but when I checked all my suspension components when I took off my teins, everything was in great order. I installed the BC Coils, and wow. Talk about amazing ride, no noise, no nothing like my teins. And the funny thing is my Teins came out passing, not blown or nothing. I couldnt believe it, threw them in the garbage lol.

Originally Posted by K3Y
Tein SS Coilovers *Only For 5th & 6th Gens

Tein SS Coilovers, this coilover kit is a good example of Tein at its best. Tein SS gives the owner exactly what he wants, with comfort added to it. But for comfort, one must give up on handling. I find the Tein SS dont handle as aggressively or responsively as I would want it to. But hey, its Tein Name. Means that you know your getting a high quality product. You need your stock upper mount to use these. Ride was good with a lil bit of bounce, overall good for those who love that TEIN name, and want a good enough ride. Dont recommend for the aggressive drivers, you'll understand better if you drive a tein ss setup maxima, and then hop into something like k-sports, d2's, g4's or a jic maxima.

More Info

Tein has developed advanced technology to design the shell case and stroke to bring out the full potential of your vehicle. These features of the Tein Super Street coilover damper kit were designed with greater performance to satisfy all your driving demands. The high performance Tein Super Street coilover damper kit can be used for both weekend racing and daily driving. The discomfort caused by uneven roads or bumps are eliminated on daily street use. For race use, the ride height adjustability of the Tein Super Street coilover damper kit enables you to adjust ride height and 16 levels of damping force. In other words, you can customize your Tein Super Street coilover to meet all driving situations.

Product Features:

- 16 levels of damping force adjustment

- Adjustable ride height drop for different driving needs

- New paint coating for rust prevention

- Exclusive design for USA vehicle specifications (only available for the USA market)

- High performance and cost effective

- Pillow ball mounts are optional (on certain application)

- Available for overhaul

- All Tein coilovers are made in Japan

Tein Super Street Coilover Damper Kit Contents:

- 4x Adjustable shock absorber

- 4x Main spring

- 4x Lower Spring Seat

- 4x Seat Lock

- 4x Thrust Washer

- 4x Bump rubber

- 4x Dust cover

- 2x Hook Spanner

- 1x Instruction manual

Price: 1100+

Where to Buy

http://www.raceinspired.com/pc-2584-...2000-2003.aspx
Old 01-06-2011, 11:52 AM

I signed up and WOW! There's some seriously good stuff in that thread! Makes me want to start my decision-making process all over at the beginning. Oh well.
Old 01-06-2011, 11:54 AM

So are the BC Coilovers the "BR Type" ones?
Old 01-06-2011, 11:54 AM

yea, thats why i said what i said. because when i first started, i thought Tein was top of the crop...but over the years/months ive been searching on the best coilover setup, come to find out Tein SS is great, but there is great. and seems if you want the best, the JIC FLT-A2s are where its at...comfort AND handling. Tein SS, just has comfort....have fun, redeciding LOL

So are the BC Coilovers the "BR Type" ones?
there are two different types of BC coilovers:

the inverted Type RM:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/BC-Ra...Q5fAccessories

and the non-inverted Type BR:

supposedly as far as comfort RM > BR, BUT the BR are more suited for daily driving, etc. its mentioned if you read the stats. but the RM supposedly ride as good/better than the Tein SS

Last edited by phatboislim; 01-06-2011 at 11:57 AM.
Old 01-06-2011, 12:12 PM

yea, thats why i said what i said. because when i first started, i thought Tein was top of the crop...but over the years/months ive been searching on the best coilover setup, come to find out Tein SS is great, but there is great. and seems if you want the best, the JIC FLT-A2s are where its at...comfort AND handling. Tein SS, just has comfort....have fun, redeciding LOL

there are two different types of BC coilovers:

the inverted Type RM:

and the non-inverted Type BR:

supposedly as far as comfort RM > BR, BUT the BR are more suited for daily driving, etc. its mentioned if you read the stats. but the RM supposedly ride as good/better than the Tein SS
Haha, yeah, I'm really liking the BC Racing ones at the moment. They seem to have really good reviews in a lot of other forums as well.

How do you order them with different spring rates? And what spring rates are best for our cars? Do they have a "most common spring rate" that they usually come with?

Quick Reply: Need Reliability review on Megan COs