5th Generation Maxima (2000-2003) Learn more about the 5th Generation Maxima, including the VQ30DE-K and VQ35DE engines.

CL-S goes down hard!

Search this Thread

Old 12-20-2001, 10:59 PM
PhatGuy

Nice!

Old 12-20-2001, 11:09 PM

isnt this getting old? everytime someone posts this it just starts a flame war.. and people who usually post it, post over and over again... I have a feeling, for all the 5 speed maxima owners in here, if you guys had a TL-S you would think your faster, but since you guys have a 5-speed maxima, then you think your faster.. all up for "backing up" your maxima. Oh well. This is not a flame by the way. Just what i think about this..
Old 12-20-2001, 11:31 PM

Re: CL-S goes down hard!

Dont think its possible if its really a type-S and or if he's just taking it easy.....I ran with a TL stock for stock, im 5 spd with 18s, and he had an extra guy in the car. I was ahead for about a car length ahead by 75, we were both doing our best. Now, if it were a type-S, im pretty sure i would be toasted.

[QUOTE]Originally posted by RussMaxManiac
[B]Oh my gosh!! I am stock right now, since I sold my cone intake and havn't installed my CAI yet. But anyways, I had this CL-S come up next to me at a light, and the guy is next to me looking over (of course I looked), and he was reving his engine at me!! This CL-S had paper plates on the front! Only part I saw when he pulled up.. Well, I rev back to acknoledge lets run.
Old 12-21-2001, 02:51 AM
Administrator

Re: Re: CL-S goes down hard!

http://forums.maxima.org/showthread.php?threadid=86024

Originally posted by johnsmax
Dont think its possible if its really a type-S and or if he's just taking it easy.....I ran with a TL stock for stock, im 5 spd with 18s, and he had an extra guy in the car. I was ahead for about a car length ahead by 75, we were both doing our best. Now, if it were a type-S, im pretty sure i would be toasted.

Old 12-21-2001, 04:28 AM
Maxima.org Sponsor and Donating Maxima.org Member

Originally posted by TAGURIT
one of our members hit 14.3 the first time with his six speed STOCK!!!.
I am positive with understanding EXlaunching,rpm's,power curve from dyno)the car better he could get a 14.1 stock.

that was me not only was it my first time dragging my 2k2 it was my first time ever dragging a standard. i got back to back 14.3's and i wasn;t redlining. 13's n/a is coming next year
Old 12-21-2001, 04:57 AM
Newbie - Just Registered

Hello, I drive a TL-S with NAV. NAV makes it fast. NAV ownz jOO.

Hey CLSLurker, do I know you? Does your CL-S have NAV? My TL-S does. Your mods don't mean squat if you don't have NAV. I run 13's with NAV, and I have the updated 2.05 DVD also. That makes it faster.

Also, why are you bothering with these Maxima foo's. They don't have NAV so they don't compare. They're not in the same class. Even if a Maxima beats an Acura it doesn't matter. They're in different classes. And the TL-S/CL-S have NAV.

NAV ownz jOO.

Old 12-21-2001, 04:58 AM
Got Bent?

Originally posted by NAVownzjOO

Hey CLSLurker, do I know you? Does your CL-S have NAV? My TL-S does. Your mods don't mean squat if you don't have NAV.

I run 13's with NAV, and I have the updated 2.05 DVD also. That makes it faster.

NAV ownz jOO.

we fear jOO
Old 12-21-2001, 05:38 AM
RussMaxManiac

Originally posted by dmbmaxima88
well i guess the nav girls showed up after all. russ don't you know that if you have nav you are faster and there is no way you could ever beat a type s even though you have done it before and lots of other people have too. i haven't ran into one yet but i can't wait.

heheeh

Old 12-21-2001, 05:40 AM
RussMaxManiac

Re: Here we go again.....

I can believe it from a roll at that speed if you were in 3rd. If the Max was stock. But off the line its a different story.

Originally posted by ACLSLurker

Really, And i guess the 02 Maxima owners are NavWhores or NavWomen Anyway, if the guy beat the cls oh well. I just have a problem with B.S. races. The guy says he had temp (dealer) tags on the car and he's been driving his max for a minute. Yeah...ok...now really that's about as bad as me waiting for a fool to pull out of the nissan dealership with a brand new 6spd max and I pull up to a light and race him and walk him. I have had my cls for a year now, I pretty much know where and when to launch and to know if I need to gateshift or SS. Like I said in a previous post, my cousin owns a 5spd 00 SE Charcoal Max and we race everytime we go out. I just keep my car in 3rd and redline is not until 120, I walk him all the time. I guess he doesn't know how to drive huh? Get real, race experience drivers and then talk about who you walked or raced. Newbies or non-broken in cars don't mean $hit especially with temp tags. Good kill tho, I guess i will wait at the Nissan dealership and wait for the next victim to pull off from the showroom, so i can walk the 6spd too.

Old 12-21-2001, 05:41 AM
RussMaxManiac

Re: Re: Here we go again.....

Well, a CL-S is on par with a 2k2 Auto, and a 2k1 5spd. the 6spd it just won't hang.

Originally posted by 02MaximaSE

when I had temp tags from the dealer, EVERY CAR walked me, until I got until about 2k miles, then It was the other way around. CL-S is on par with 2k2 max, I have never walked one before, just beat a few, and certainly havent been walked by one before either, I totally get your point about the temp tag thing, when I just got my max, i NEVER went past 3k RPM, let alone exceed 60mph with my car.

Old 12-21-2001, 06:32 AM
Rice Boy in Denial =)

Originally posted by NAVownzjOO

Hey CLSLurker, do I know you? Does your CL-S have NAV? My TL-S does. Your mods don't mean squat if you don't have NAV. I run 13's with NAV, and I have the updated 2.05 DVD also. That makes it faster.

Also, why are you bothering with these Maxima foo's. They don't have NAV so they don't compare. They're not in the same class. Even if a Maxima beats an Acura it doesn't matter. They're in different classes. And the TL-S/CL-S have NAV.

NAV ownz jOO.

Old 12-21-2001, 07:44 AM

Originally posted by Y2KevSE

Gimme some more butter, kev.
Old 12-21-2001, 07:53 AM
Rice Boy in Denial =)

Originally posted by maximawanabee

Gimme some more butter, kev.
Pass me a soda first.
Old 12-21-2001, 08:35 AM
Dyno plot says I have the most area under the Administrator curve

Originally posted by Y2KevSE
Pass me a soda first.
Old 12-21-2001, 08:54 AM

2k2 isnt in the same class....... but why is this an option in my car?

which also has BIRDS EYE VIEW(TM),

B.E.V. OWNS JOO!!!!

LOL
Old 12-21-2001, 09:09 AM
ACLSLurker

I have 2 give it 2 U guys....

You guys at least have humor on this board. About me...No I am not stock, yes i am lowered, yes I have better rubber, yes i have headers, AEM CAI, Denso sparks, hks draggers, v-tec controler, soon the RES....and NO I DO NOT HAVE THE BULL$hit NAV. Don't need a NAV and will never buy it unless it's a standard option. Does this answer your questions? I am not flaming anyone. I like the maxs, especially the new 6spd, so stop saying we flame maxs. I didn't like his story...I get my *** handed to me plenty of times in other races with differnt cars and I always admit it. If one of you beat me I would post it. I am not afraid to race anything that has 4 wheels...win or lose. I have a compulsive speeding disorder. BRING IT ON!

Old 12-21-2001, 09:11 AM
Administrator

Re: I have 2 give it 2 U guys....

Dood... you don't have NAV? why are you even arguing on this board.. you can't argue for the CL-S if you dont have NAV

go away NAV-LESS Boy you can't pick up b!tches at the bus stop.. You B useless

You guys at least have humor on this board. About me...No I am not stock, yes i am lowered, yes I have better rubber, yes i have headers, AEM CAI, Denso sparks, hks draggers, v-tec controler, soon the RES....and NO I DO NOT HAVE THE BULL$hit NAV. Don't need a NAV and will never buy it unless it's a standard option. Does this answer your questions? I am not flaming anyone. I like the maxs, especially the new 6spd, so stop saying we flame maxs. I didn't like his story...I get my *** handed to me plenty of times in other races with differnt cars and I always admit it. If one of you beat me I would post it. I am not afraid to race anything that has 4 wheels...win or lose. I have a compulsive speeding disorder. BRING IT ON!
Old 12-21-2001, 09:19 AM

ACLSLurker

uhh...i hate to break it to you, but there are lots of Acura trolls here that DO flame us whenever someone posts a CL-S/TL-S kill story.

The whole nav thing came about because each time we proved that a Maxima really could beat an Acura and that the story was not BS, they'd whip out the whole "class" issue and "does the Max come with NAV?" crap which was funny...

Of course you didn't like the kill story, but regarless, the CL-S lost so there you have it
Old 12-21-2001, 09:21 AM
Administrator

Re: ACLSLurker

hey i have plugs as a mod too

Originally posted by SteVTEC
uhh...i hate to break it to you, but there are lots of Acura trolls here that DO flame us whenever someone posts a CL-S/TL-S kill story.

The whole nav thing came about because each time we proved that a Maxima really could beat an Acua they'd whip out the whole "class" issue and "does the Max come with NAV?" crap which was funny...

Of course you didn't like the kill story, but regarless, the CL-S lost so there you have it
Old 12-21-2001, 09:21 AM

Re: I have 2 give it 2 U guys....

I'll fill you in. Immediately before the '02 Maxima started production, the TL kids came over, and kept harping to us that they had the NAV option in there cars, and because of it, their cars were TRUE luxury, and not some wanna be car. Now that the Maxima does have NAV, they've stopped coming over and saying it, but are now still harping that Acura is a 'premium' brand, while Nissan is not.
Old 12-21-2001, 09:23 AM
ACLSLurker

OHH I get it now....

This is NAV wars huh? 02MaxWomen vs 01cls-01tls NAV girls huh? Ok I will reframe from any more comments. So I guess I am a the only blacksheep on the site... Oh well, I know when I am not wanted. I'll just go and

Old 12-21-2001, 09:23 AM

Re: Re: ACLSLurker

Originally posted by SprintMax
hey i have plugs as a mod too
what kind of plug?

Old 12-21-2001, 09:27 AM

Re: OHH I get it now....

This is NAV wars huh? 02MaxWomen vs 01cls-01tls NAV girls huh? Ok I will reframe from any more comments.
Acura folks that just want to talk shop about cars are always more than welcomed. We just mock and make fun of the guys that use the "not the same class" or "we got NAV" defense after their technical arguments are defeated and they have no other defense

I see you're not doing that, so you're cool. And yeah, the CL-S probably wasn't broken in but who cares? It's all good
Old 12-21-2001, 09:32 AM
ACLSLurker

The plugs ....

Denso iredium sprak plugs. Don't quote me on the spelling. Better throttle response, price for 6 was $82.46 They love working along side my AEM CAI

Old 12-21-2001, 09:34 AM
Administrator

Re: Re: Re: ACLSLurker

what kind of plug?

NGK PFR6G-11
Old 12-21-2001, 09:34 AM

Re: The plugs ....

Denso iredium sprak plugs. Don't quote me on the spelling. Better throttle response, price for 6 was $82.46 They love working along side my AEM CAI
Iridium.

I have a set of those and the AEM CAI on my Accord V6 as well. Best bang for the buck on the AV6
Old 12-21-2001, 09:35 AM

Re: Re: Re: Re: ACLSLurker

NGK PFR6G-11
oh, okay. I thought you were referring to something else that was discussed in OT
Old 12-21-2001, 09:37 AM
Administrator

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: ACLSLurker

oh, okay. I thought you were referring to something else that was discussed in OT
Old 12-21-2001, 09:52 AM

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: ACLSLurker

It's for a good cause
Old 12-21-2001, 09:54 AM
Administrator

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: ACLSLurker

It's for a good cause
Old 12-21-2001, 11:10 AM

I missed it...... dang. Look like it's already being resolved.

where's the, when you need it.
Old 12-21-2001, 11:57 AM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

Does EVERY post turn out like this now??

UGH.
Old 12-21-2001, 12:00 PM
Got Bent?

Originally posted by Max_Gator

UGH.
only the ones that have the letter CL-S or TL-S in the subject
Old 12-21-2001, 12:19 PM

Originally posted by UMD_MaxSE
only the ones that have the letter CL-S or TL-S in the subject
I think we need to talk to Jambo. They seem to have some sort of Trojan horse on here where if any post has those combinations in them it sends like an immediate pager alert to them, or sirens start going off in their forum...

[klaxon bells/sirens]

"** WARNING...RED ALERT: TL-S and/or CL-S Thread Detected at Maxima.org - ALL HANDS SCRAMBLE!! THIS IS NOT A DRILL **

[/klaxon bells/sirens]

Old 12-21-2001, 12:22 PM
PhatGuy

Originally posted by Max_Gator

UGH.
Only the ones Sprint and Kev reply to.

Old 12-21-2001, 12:27 PM
Rice Boy in Denial =)

Originally posted by PhatGuy

Only the ones Sprint and Kev reply to.
Old 12-21-2001, 02:34 PM

My friend's Prelude has a GPS... GPS owns joo too. his Prelude now does 12s because of the GPS.

My brother's 4Runner just got NAV installed, it dynoed last weekend at 835rwhp!
Old 12-21-2001, 02:41 PM
Maxima.org Sponsor and Donating Maxima.org Member

Originally posted by RussMaxManiac

heheeh
Old 12-21-2001, 07:56 PM

Re: Re: Re: Re: ACLSLurker

NGK PFR6G-11
Wheeew! For a minute there I thought you were talking about HAIR plugs!