5th Generation Maxima (2000-2003) Learn more about the 5th Generation Maxima, including the VQ30DE-K and VQ35DE engines.

Nissan Corp. serivce sucks

Search this Thread

Old 11-08-2000, 11:45 PM

I'm going through so much crap from the Nissan Corp. I brought my car in 2 weeks ago for the bumper clicks to align my trunk so it won't scratch my trunk. so the service department ordered the parts and it so happend i'm already using those defective clips. so they had to locate the company that manufacture the new clips. in the meantime they stripped my baby's rear end with no lights or the bumper. so i got a rental from them. 2 weeks later, they are telling me no parts yet. so i told them to slap my baby together so i can drive it and drop the crappy FOrd contour. they told me since i have a rental, they won't beable to put it back. If I really want it back, they would charge me labor to put the bumper back on and charge me labor to have it taken off to put in the parts whenever it gets her. So right now I have a FSTB at home and i can't put it on. So frustrating. The worst part is that i would have to drive around in a FORD for another 2 weeks, cuz parts told me that Nissan would send out the parts a week from Monday. That's so ridiculous! I'm so pissed about this bad service from the Nissan Corp. But the service at the dealer was good. Is there anyway to file for bad serivce from the CORP? I guess I don't have much of a case, since they got me a rental car. But still, all this is BS!!!

Old 11-09-2000, 07:02 AM

That's messed up dude.
If I was you I would bug them like every single day until they fix my car.
Pressure them to fixing it right too.
Good luck man
Old 11-09-2000, 07:28 AM

Need the new part number for the clips

Can you possibly check to see what the "new" part numbers for the clips are(possibly call your dealer)...my service guy put the defective clips on my car and my service guy did not see any thing from Nissan about new clips...(I have to do his work) They are good at servicing my car usually.

I'd appreciate any help with this...
Old 11-09-2000, 07:43 AM
Rice Boy in Denial =)

Sorry to hear about your incident Mike. Which dealer did you bring it to? Hopefully not Serramonte and not to <b>Larry Mickels</b> (if Serramonte, make sure Irwin is your service advisor). Much luck!
Old 11-09-2000, 09:36 PM

Yo Mabfnar! I don't have the parts number, but have the dealership call up nissan corp and tell them about the bumper clips. The dealer originally ordered the defected clips, that's y its takin so long to get my car done. Another bad thing was that the parts were on back ordered. but nissan corp should have some spare clips next week. they just got a load of them from the factory that makes the new clips. So just have the parts department call up nissan corp. The parts department has this service CD and it lists the problem of the trunk of the clips, but it doesn't give the parts number, so to prevent them from ordering the wrong parts have them call in for it.
Old 11-09-2000, 11:24 PM
DOM

You know.. I love Nissan Maximas. This my first car that I have ever bought outright. It is fast, looks good, but the service is horrible. There has been a few times that I needed to bring the car in because of a jerking (when cold) and they didn't even give me a rental car to cruise around in for the weekend!! I have learned my lesson now from reading your posts. I will never buy a car that is in the first year of a new generation. The horrible service is making me think about never buying another Nissan again. Everytime I go in there its war. DOM vs. Nissan. AT the Lexus dealership they work with you. Does Nissan teach there empoyees around the states to treat us like this.

I do promise though that I will run my Max untill it dies and I will nnnnnneeeeeeeevvvvvvveeeerrrrr, eeeeeevvvvveeeerrrrr buy a Honda or Acura to replace my Max
Old 11-10-2000, 01:45 AM

my mech is cool

At stevens creek nissan (san jose, ca) they take care of you. I always request the same mechanic...he won mechanic of the year from ASE in 1998? or was it 1997 but i know that nissan also has a annual mechanic's championchip...and this guy won it. he kicks *** and took some real good care of my car.
*shrug* my 0.02
Old 11-10-2000, 04:15 AM

want better service? then u gotta give off a bit too. after an oil change or something simple done to your car. buy them drinks, donuts or anythign. they'll remember u as the nice guy and the next time you come in, you'll get quality service. it's not called sucking up or anything, just being a good person. a friendly approach sayin' please take good care of my car.
Old 11-10-2000, 04:52 AM

Well

Mingo...I respectfully disagree.. Its called their job...if I treated network users with the same service that Nissan provides me I'd be bounced out on the street...

I guess it all depends on what part of the country you are in and the size and location of your dealership....

I agree DOM....I've learned my lesson about 1st Generation cars also...jeeesh....I must have gotten the one that they slam into the wall a40 mph and they just rebuilt it

No more Nissan for this guy(maybe)
Old 11-10-2000, 04:59 AM

Re: Well

Originally posted by jnm2kse
Mingo...I respectfully disagree.. Its called their job...if I treated network users with the same service that Nissan provides me I'd be bounced out on the street...

I guess it all depends on what part of the country you are in and the size and location of your dealership....

I agree DOM....I've learned my lesson about 1st Generation cars also...jeeesh....I must have gotten the one that they slam into the wall a40 mph and they just rebuilt it

No more Nissan for this guy(maybe)
man thanx.. now i'm starting to wonder. do they rebuild the 20mph collision test cars?? aww man wouldn't want to buy one. when my auto shop teacher was still working at mazda he saw i think an rx7 that was made of two different cars. there was a weld mark going from the left to the right of the car. i bet it's not gonna b as strong and if the person would get in a fat accident the car would snap in half. well yeah true it's thier job. but then again u can call it an incentive.
Old 11-10-2000, 06:15 AM

I agree with you Mingo...

Sometimes when you do those little things...allbeit praise letters, donuts, pizza...whatever it can SOMETIMES improve your service. They originally told me yesterday morning that they did not think that nissan would cover the rental car...when I went to drop off my car they had a car waiting for me...it was a piece of crap Prizm but at least I didn't have to sit and argue with them. I will be sending the guys some donuts or pizza when i pick up my car.

True IT IS THEIR JOB...but if I can add a little something that will make them DO A BETTER JOB on my car...than hey why not?

PEACE!
Old 11-10-2000, 06:22 AM

oh yeahh. the best time is when they aren't workign on your car or when you're not plannig to take your car in. so it seems more sincere. theywon't think.. "he only hookin' us up cuz we worked on his car" just my two cents.