5th Generation Maxima (2000-2003) Learn more about the 5th Generation Maxima, including the VQ30DE-K and VQ35DE engines.

VIP Front Tables...A33, Possibly Others.

Search this Thread

Old 06-21-2011, 11:30 PM

VIP Front Tables...A33, Possibly Others.

I am a bit new to the board....have been a lurker and joined not too long ago finally. I have an A33 (I30) and have made a VIP front table for it....already have fold down tables for the rear but needed a front table. The table will fit the I30/I35/Maxima, any of the three just fine. I can also make tables for other vehicles if i have someone locally that i can get dimensions from. I am established on other forums with positive feedback and have 100% feedback on ebay under my username tsi1991awd...same as on here.

The base plate has an inlay for the cup holder and cigarette box holder/phone holder/whatever you want it to be. Inlay is 1/4" but can be made to any depth...even cut straight through.

The holes in the upper plate are straight through. The edges on both pieces are flame polished, except for the inlay.

The upper plate is held up by 4 rods/spacers. The rods are pressed into the base and then pressed into the bottom of the upper plate. I chose to do it this way so if i want to disssemble the table, i could. These can be glued into place as well for a permanent fit.

Tables can be customized of course....different colors, even upholstered with leather.

If anything, at least let me know what you think of the table...here are some pics. Sorry i am using my phone to post this so i dont have direct links to the images...they are imageshack links.

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Old 06-22-2011, 08:11 AM
^ Jeff™

New to me...and not my cup of tea.
Old 06-22-2011, 09:42 AM

There's nothing "VIP" about those. They look ridiculous and more importantly out of place. You haven't seen the interior of a bentley or rolls have you?
Old 06-22-2011, 10:01 AM

Does it attach to the car in any way or is it a "loose" item that you dig out of the trunk when you want to use it?
Old 06-22-2011, 10:28 AM
You embarrass me.

I wouldn't necessarily be interested in VIP tables for my car, but if you have the ability to make custom work like that, I may have other ideas I could throw your way.
Old 06-22-2011, 10:28 AM

Eveyone has their own tastes....high class like Bentley's and Rolls' are completely different than VIP Style, which originated in Japan. So yea, unfortunately the tables are in essence, VIP, but not what youre thinking. I dont think you can even judge a Rolls on the same scale as a Nissan or Toyota....oops, "Infiniti" or "Lexus" here in the states.

Also, i was originally going to mount these with metal brackets until i saw how the table turned out....now i am kind of liking the glass look so i am still working out dimensions and everything for clear brackets...hopefully in the next few days i will have those made and can mount the table. But these are meant to be semi-permanent...you can always unmount it if you dont want it up there.
Old 06-22-2011, 10:23 PM

i'm a bit interested to see how this is going to turn out. In the meantime, do you have any examples of other cars that you've done this on?
Old 06-22-2011, 11:58 PM

To each their own. I like the creativity and unique factor.
Old 06-23-2011, 03:37 AM
Newbie - Just Registered

I can only imagine what those tables are used for...
Old 06-23-2011, 07:03 PM

This is intriguing. I'm in no way interested in purchasing, using, or probably even seeing one in person, but I am still intrigued. In for more pictures of these mounted, etc... because I don't get it. If they are loose, or permanent, then that's just ridiculous. If they at least partially move out of the way so you can get in/out, then maybe.

Still cool that you can make them, I'm with Zero, I can also think of a few better things you can make, such as a Double din trim that isn't the wrong size or colour for our car!!
Old 06-23-2011, 10:06 PM

+1 on creativity
-1 coz i dont want to imagine what these could do in the event of a collision
good luck!
Old 06-23-2011, 11:17 PM

great job on ingenuity would love to see the final installed product
Old 06-24-2011, 05:24 AM
My axles cry for mercy...

Where were u 2 years ago when I was looking for tables? Lol.

I appreciate what your trying to do for the community and I would be glad to support it. But the sad thing is that the majority of people on this forum are closed minded when it comes to other forms of modding such as VIP style. Being unique is almost non existent on here. So don't take the negative comments to heart.
Old 06-24-2011, 05:43 AM

Originally Posted by essential1
Where were u 2 years ago when I was looking for tables? Lol.

I appreciate what your trying to do for the community and I would be glad to support it. But the sad thing is that the majority of people on this forum are closed minded when it comes to other forms of modding such as VIP style. Being unique is almost non existent on here. So don't take the negative comments to heart.

close minded? rational maybe. what the hell is the use for these things?
I am not closed minded but i am in no way interested in buying one of these. because someone has an opinion doesnt mean they are close minded. to me this looks like added weight and something that will just take up room. you think just because you like them that you have this "open mind", no it doesnt. it means you have other interests for your car in terms of modifications
Old 06-24-2011, 06:24 AM

Originally Posted by matt06
it means you have other interests for your car in terms of modifications
I said it before and immma say it again, modification is part of the persons preference, for "VIP style" these would not be a bad touch(if done right) as far as weight is concerned, VIP knows nothing about it lol j/j, weight is always added on as far as heavy deep dish rims, sound system, these little trays, etc.
Old 06-24-2011, 07:41 AM

Originally Posted by mista0406
I said it before and immma say it again, modification is part of the persons preference, for "VIP style" these would not be a bad touch(if done right) as far as weight is concerned, VIP knows nothing about it lol j/j, weight is always added on as far as heavy deep dish rims, sound system, these little trays, etc.

its like you went off on a huge tangent with that one sentence but didnt even take into account the rest of my message

try again bud
Old 06-24-2011, 07:47 AM

I don't get this thing. Never heard of VIP stuff.

Is it some kind of tray for the passenger to set their iPhone and martini down on while being driven around? I like how the transparent material works nicely for female passengers. Good feature.

Last edited by Rochester; 06-24-2011 at 07:49 AM.
Old 06-24-2011, 08:17 AM

close minded? rational maybe. what the hell is the use for these things?
I am not closed minded but i am in no way interested in buying one of these. because someone has an opinion doesnt mean they are close minded. to me this looks like added weight and something that will just take up room. you think just because you like them that you have this "open mind", no it doesnt. it means you have other interests for your car in terms of modifications
So throwing lowering springs on a car that will never see a track which will reduce suspension travel and degrade ride quality is rational?

Installing headers to get rid of precats which will add to the polution problem and not to mention illegal is also rational?

I also take it that adding HID's to fog lights is also rational? All your doing is adding "weight" to the car because of the ballast. Why even have fog lights when the headlights alone work just fine?

Why boost a car when the speed limit is 75mph maximum in only a few areas? All your doing is wasting your time, money, and gas right?

See where I'm going here? I can keep going on and on. Anything that we do to our cars other than routine maintanance and repairs can be classified as "irational", or a waste of time. The reason we mod our cars is for personal satisfaction. Atleast that's what it's supposed to be about.

The fact of the matter is that I didn't direct my comment towards you or any person in particular. So I appologize that my input had such a drastic impact on you. I'm just making a general statement that when someone does something out of the ordinary such as 17" or 18" wheels, a stillen lip, and lowering springs, they get instantly shot down for it. That, combined with a generally "cheap" community of owners is the reason why we don't have a huge aftermarket available to us.
Old 06-24-2011, 08:21 AM

Originally Posted by Rochester
I don't get this thing. Never heard of VIP stuff.

Is it some kind of tray for the passenger to set their iPhone and martini down on while being driven around? I like how the transparent material works nicely for female passengers. Good feature.
The iphone has its own spot...

Old 06-24-2011, 08:27 AM

its like you went off on a huge tangent with that one sentence but didnt even take into account the rest of my message

try again bud

Dude I wasn't 'totally' disagreeing with you, I quoted your last sentence cause that's what it's all about, the person who owns the car, so you can start reading with both eyes instead of glancing at supposed hit words... That is all thank you come again....

Last edited by mista0406; 06-24-2011 at 08:31 AM.
Old 06-24-2011, 08:31 AM
Da Roller Coaster!

I give you props for creativity and ingenuity. I don't really like the styling and don't see it as fitting the interior....looks too big and bulky.

I would have major concerns in the event of a collision. What about the air bag behind the table? What about passengers? Yikes!

I still don't get what "VIP Style" is yo! But...if I think I know what it is, it certainly doesn't belong on a $25,000 grocery getter. Then again neither does being lowered, adding performance mods, etc. To each their own....
Old 06-24-2011, 08:31 AM

So throwing lowering springs on a car that will never see a track which will reduce suspension travel and degrade ride quality is rational?

Installing headers to get rid of precats which will add to the polution problem and not to mention illegal is also rational?

I also take it that adding HID's to fog lights is also rational? All your doing is adding "weight" to the car because of the ballast. Why even have fog lights when the headlights alone work just fine?

Why boost a car when the speed limit is 75mph maximum in only a few areas? All your doing is wasting your time, money, and gas right?

See where I'm going here? I can keep going on and on. Anything that we do to our cars other than routine maintanance and repairs can be classified as "irational", or a waste of time. The reason we mod our cars is for personal satisfaction. Atleast that's what it's supposed to be about.

The fact of the matter is that I didn't direct my comment towards you or any person in particular. So I appologize that my input had such a drastic impact on you. I'm just making a general statement that when someone does something out of the ordinary such as 17" or 18" wheels, a stillen lip, and lowering springs, they get instantly shot down for it. That, combined with a generally "cheap" community of owners is the reason why we don't have a huge aftermarket available to us.

for the most part your comment is true, however, when i spend money on my car i prefer fuction over form

i do take my car to the track and most of my mods are performance based so i guess i dont apply to your comment seeing as i get use out of what i put on lol
Old 06-24-2011, 08:35 AM

Originally Posted by mista0406
Dude I wasn't 'totally' disagreeing with you, I quoted your last sentence cause that's what it's all about, the person who owns the car, so you can start reading with both eyes instead of glancing at supposed hit words... That is all thank you come again....

i was, and you should learn to write. the last post was one run on sentence and it wasnt very clear. you did take my words out of context and went off on a tangent. and from that, i dont understand how you're telling me to come again. to me it just looks like that hole is getting bigger
Old 06-24-2011, 08:39 AM

I personally LOVE moderate VIP styled cars, just not the ones with the ridiculous camber and ugly *** ghetto wheels. BUT, I also like practicality to a certain degree, and that table doesn't match the interior of the car, it looks out of place, it seems it would be cumbersome when not in use and having to dismount and mount it every time you go to Burger king would be a pain, and honestly the last thing we need on our roads are people eating meals on tables in their cars! People are ****ty enough drivers as is.
Old 06-24-2011, 10:02 AM

Originally Posted by NissanTun3r
I personally LOVE moderate VIP styled cars, just not the ones with the ridiculous camber and ugly *** ghetto wheels. BUT, I also like practicality to a certain degree, and that table doesn't match the interior of the car, it looks out of place, it seems it would be cumbersome when not in use and having to dismount and mount it every time you go to Burger king would be a pain, and honestly the last thing we need on our roads are people eating meals on tables in their cars! People are ****ty enough drivers as is.
Thats what VIP style is about....the ridiculous camber, big *** wheels, slamming the car to the point where it looks impractical, etc. And the table can be removed easily....it doesnt have to stay in all the time. You say we shouldnt have people eating meals on tables, yet we see people just holding their burgers in their seats and eating....whats the difference? Fold down tables in the rear....whats the point if it wont be used?

Honestly for me the table is a showpiece and was i was gauging interest to see what the market would be for something similar OR other custom work. Honestly if you guys dont like it thats fine, everyone has their own tastes. Some are into performance only, some want the big body kits and ricer wings, some want only wheels and tint. Everyones different....rather than nitpicking because its not your taste, see it for what it is....a one-off custom piece made by thinking outside the norm.
Old 06-24-2011, 10:24 AM

Originally Posted by tsi1991awd
Thats what VIP style is about....the ridiculous camber, big *** wheels, slamming the car to the point where it looks impractical, etc. And the table can be removed easily....it doesnt have to stay in all the time. You say we shouldnt have people eating meals on tables, yet we see people just holding their burgers in their seats and eating....whats the difference? Fold down tables in the rear....whats the point if it wont be used?

Honestly for me the table is a showpiece and was i was gauging interest to see what the market would be for something similar OR other custom work. Honestly if you guys dont like it thats fine, everyone has their own tastes. Some are into performance only, some want the big body kits and ricer wings, some want only wheels and tint. Everyones different....rather than nitpicking because its not your taste, see it for what it is....a one-off custom piece made by thinking outside the norm.
We need more people in this community who do custom work for our cars, so thank you for making this. I like the VIP style myself. The table I dont think I would be interested in for my car (but this is for A33 not A32 so that doesn't matter lol), but do you think it would be possible to make a phone holder like shown in one of the pics above? In any case, keep doing you, it would be nice to see some more VIP Maxima/I30/I35's.
Old 06-24-2011, 11:16 AM

I think you like hellaflush. Theres a slight difference. Beiing vip is additional to herrafrush by not being colorful, being neutral, supposed to be for luxury cars with some tig o bitties........... I hope.
Old 06-24-2011, 11:42 AM

jeezus! why cant people just let the folks who want to do this to their car be. i mean hell, the finished product, as shown in that pic, is damn nice. again i wouldnt want that in my car as its not a show car, but hell..just because you feel a certain way about modding doesnt give you the right to flame on. Essential is right, this forum is so close minded its ridiculous. its like a **** camp in here sometimes the way **** goes down. let it be and let the guy sell/install his product and let him live. just because you dont like 'hellaflush, stance, vip, 4x4, 1/4 mile racing, road course, auto-x' doesnt give you teh right to bash anothers love of modding.

fukin right im guilty sometimes, but damn yall run the hell out w/ it
Old 06-24-2011, 11:42 AM

But the sad thing is that the majority of people on this forum are closed minded when it comes to other forms of modding such as VIP style. Being unique is almost non existent on here.
[maxima.org in two sentences]

(might sig this)

Last edited by aackshun; 06-24-2011 at 11:45 AM.
Old 06-24-2011, 02:44 PM
Da Roller Coaster!

Who cares about the forum? Take the good with the bad...if you don't like it, then leave or not post. If you post be prepared to hear both positive and negative feedback.

I've been on a few boards and trust me...the grass isn't always greener on the other side.
Old 06-24-2011, 02:52 PM

damn thats some nice quality looking stuff right there.
Old 06-24-2011, 03:49 PM

Originally Posted by phatboislim
jeezus! why cant people just let the folks who want to do this to their car be. i mean hell, the finished product, as shown in that pic, is damn nice. again i wouldnt want that in my car as its not a show car, but hell..just because you feel a certain way about modding doesnt give you the right to flame on. Essential is right, this forum is so close minded its ridiculous. its like a **** camp in here sometimes the way **** goes down. let it be and let the guy sell/install his product and let him live. just because you dont like 'hellaflush, stance, vip, 4x4, 1/4 mile racing, road course, auto-x' doesnt give you teh right to bash anothers love of modding.

fukin right im guilty sometimes, but damn yall run the hell out w/ it
Well said^

I'm with Essential too, I have normally been met with hard oppostition on the .Org when probing a new idea into the community. I also, have flamed others for foolish stuff, the fear inlies in goofballs doing Autozone stick on 'mods' and disgracing the Maxima name.

This mod is neat, done with some skill, and if mounted, or hinged properly, would be kind of cool. Again, not for me, but that doesn't mean it's not a cool idea. I feel anything that's done properly deserves praise, even if it's totally useless and only for looks

OAN OP: Post this in the 4th gen Forum, there are many more VIP style cars over there, the A33 isn't styled to do VIP as much as the 4th gens. The bulk of the 5th gen boys here have no interest in that style.
Old 06-24-2011, 03:58 PM

Originally Posted by aackshun
[maxima.org in two sentences]

(might sig this)
Go ahead. Spread the word. Lol.
Old 06-24-2011, 04:22 PM

Originally Posted by TunerMaxima3000
OAN OP: Post this in the 4th gen Forum, there are many more VIP style cars over there, the A33 isn't styled to do VIP as much as the 4th gens. The bulk of the 5th gen boys here have no interest in that style.
true story
Old 06-24-2011, 04:43 PM

Originally Posted by TunerMaxima3000
the fear inlies in goofballs doing Autozone stick on 'mods' and disgracing the Maxima name.
Sweet Cindy, not the Maxima name!
Old 06-25-2011, 10:00 AM

Some will like it and others wont....its like that on any forum though.

When you go to a car show and youre admiring all the cars, i highly doubt youre goin to bash the dudes ride in front of him...i havent seen it happen. You go to a show to check out different styles people have, get different ideas of what you want to do, scope out to see if anyone has a similar ride to yours....i dont really get why the opposition on forums is so high...maybe because you can sit behind a computer snd be an unknown. Its cool though....i actually appreciate hearing both negative and positive...it gives me ideas on how i can tweak things and maybe make it better suited for the car.

On another note! I dont remember who asked about a phone holder, but thats definately possible. I may make one thats sort of universal and try to mock it up to a few different cars and see how well that goes.
Old 06-25-2011, 10:07 AM

On another note! I dont remember who asked about a phone holder, but thats definately possible. I may make one thats sort of universal and try to mock it up to a few different cars and see how well that goes.
That was me!

Good point about car-show etiquette vs. forum tough-guy behavior.
Old 06-25-2011, 11:11 AM

Now if you were able to cleanly mount some leds in there that would look beautiful. I'm not even kidding.
Old 06-25-2011, 11:20 AM

Some will like it and others wont....its like that on any forum though.

When you go to a car show and youre admiring all the cars, i highly doubt youre goin to bash the dudes ride in front of him...i havent seen it happen. You go to a show to check out different styles people have, get different ideas of what you want to do, scope out to see if anyone has a similar ride to yours....i dont really get why the opposition on forums is so high...maybe because you can sit behind a computer snd be an unknown. Its cool though....i actually appreciate hearing both negative and positive...it gives me ideas on how i can tweak things and maybe make it better suited for the car.

I asked also, I would def be interested in that, so that my cup holder can be a cup holder again instead of a phone and ipod holder lol
Old 06-25-2011, 05:41 PM

Originally Posted by luvlexus101
Now if you were able to cleanly mount some leds in there that would look beautiful. I'm not even kidding.
Im actually one step ahead of you on that...i have been thinking of what i could do to shoot some light all the way across the entire table while being completely discreet about it. The one good thing is that since it is a translucent material, the light dispersement should be pretty even.

And i will see what kind of ideas i can come up with for a phone holder....maybe even a dual phone holder for a phone and ipod/mp3 player both. I have to play around with it but i am sure a leather upholstered holder would suffice nicely. I will use my car as a guinea pig and then mock it up to other cars to see how the fit is.

Quick Reply: VIP Front Tables...A33, Possibly Others.