5th Generation Maxima (2000-2003) Learn more about the 5th Generation Maxima, including the VQ30DE-K and VQ35DE engines.

VQ35DE still amazes me!

Search this Thread

Old 08-09-2011, 11:00 AM

VQ35DE still amazes me!

We I have finally fitted the Cattman B-Pipe and Megan Test pipe. The car started and after a quick drive down the street I noticed the motor sputtering a bit. I guess all of the reduce back pressure had the ECU freaking out for a bit but after a few blocks it cleared up. Boy it did it clear up! The car sounds great and will spin the tires all thru the top of 1st and threw 2nd gear. I am sure this is something that most ORG members cars can do in there cars with there mods but this is the 1st time. I am so amazed cause in a BMW to get power increase's like this you have to spend around 2 g's. It looks like every little mod I do to the motor gives me a bit more. Currently all I have is BOP, Stillen SRI, Stillen rear section, Cattman 2.5 B-Pipe and Megan test pipe. All of these I have picked up from fellow ORG members for great price's so I THANK you guys and the forum for that. I have left the car parked and once I pick it up and get my Go Pro cam working I will set it up and get some out of car driving vids.
Thank you guys for all the info!
Old 08-09-2011, 12:26 PM

Originally Posted by Xpcgamer
We I have finally fitted the Cattman B-Pipe and Megan Test pipe. The car started and after a quick drive down the street I noticed the motor sputtering a bit. I guess all of the reduce back pressure had the ECU freaking out for a bit but after a few blocks it cleared up. Boy it did it clear up! The car sounds great and will spin the tires all thru the top of 1st and threw 2nd gear. I am sure this is something that most ORG members cars can do in there cars with there mods but this is the 1st time. I am so amazed cause in a BMW to get power increase's like this you have to spend around 2 g's. It looks like every little mod I do to the motor gives me a bit more. Currently all I have is BOP, Stillen SRI, Stillen rear section, Cattman 2.5 B-Pipe and Megan test pipe. All of these I have picked up from fellow ORG members for great price's so I THANK you guys and the forum for that. I have left the car parked and once I pick it up and get my Go Pro cam working I will set it up and get some out of car driving vids.
Thank you guys for all the info!
Part of the reason BMWs are so expensive to mod is because a lot of the time you have a bunch of idiots with deep pockets who know just enough to be dangerous and are willing throw money at things. Kind of like this. Is it just me or are those Husky/Kobalt water/oil separators? The funiest part is the M5 has two cyclonic style separators from the factory (one for each bank) that never need emptied. And yet people pay $400 for those pieces of ****?

Aside from that, I'm glad you getting the full advantage from the ORG.