5th Generation Maxima (2000-2003) Learn more about the 5th Generation Maxima, including the VQ30DE-K and VQ35DE engines.

HLSD delayed another month !!!

Search this Thread

Old 01-04-2002, 07:09 AM

HLSD delayed another month !!!

I just checked with my dealership and according to the inventory manager the first HLSD-equipped cars are now scheduled for mid-February rather than mid-January as originally thought.

FYI, mine was the very first HLSD order taken by my dealership (the highest-volume Nissan dealership on Long Island), and I ordered my car on November 7th !!

I guess I will have to wait, but I already know a few people who are so fed up that they cancelled their orders.
Old 01-04-2002, 07:26 AM

Re: HLSD delayed another month !!!

Originally posted by GregP
I just checked with my dealership and according to the inventory manager the first HLSD-equipped cars are now scheduled for mid-February rather than mid-January as originally thought.

FYI, mine was the very first HLSD order taken by my dealership (the highest-volume Nissan dealership on Long Island), and I ordered my car on November 7th !!

I guess I will have to wait, but I already know a few people who are so fed up that they cancelled their orders.
I don't know what you're dealer is telling you, but my dealer has at least one HLSD Max "at port" which means it will be on his lot within 7-10 days. He said mine wasn't quite as far along as some of the others, but he expected to get mine before January was over.

Stereodude
Old 01-04-2002, 08:04 AM

It figures. Who knows what the truth is then? Maybe they're all so in the dark that even the dealer doesn't know when the cars are really coming in.
Old 01-04-2002, 08:11 AM

It figures. Who knows what the truth is then? Maybe they're all so in the dark that even the dealer doesn't know when the cars are really coming in.
Perhaps you're right. When I was on the phone with my dealer (sales manager) he was busy checking his computer for different bits of information about my car and a few others. Either he was really good at making stuff up while he pressed some buttons on a unplugged keyboard, or maybe his info is right. My dealer is in Canada, so maybe they're getting the cars earlier than the dealers on Long Island. Who knows.

Stereodude
Old 01-04-2002, 08:22 AM

Re: HLSD delayed another month !!!

I ordered and put a deposit down for the HLSD-equipped 6speed on
8/27/01, so you'd expect that I should be getting one of the first
ones built, right? Wrong!
I'm located in the San Francisco Bay Area, and the sales manager of
my dealership wasn't even allowed to put the order into the computer
until 12/04/01. I still have to wait until mid-February to get my
car (dealer told me end of January if I'm really lucky).
I hope there are no more delays!
Old 01-04-2002, 09:04 AM

Re: Re: HLSD delayed another month !!!

Originally posted by vmax8

I ordered and put a deposit down for the HLSD-equipped 6speed on
8/27/01, so you'd expect that I should be getting one of the first
ones built, right? Wrong!
I'm located in the San Francisco Bay Area, and the sales manager of
my dealership wasn't even allowed to put the order into the computer
until 12/04/01. I still have to wait until mid-February to get my
car (dealer told me end of January if I'm really lucky).
I hope there are no more delays!
Wow, sounds like something is screwy. I didn't put my HLSD order in to the dealer until October 31st, and Nissan accepted it right around Nov. 5th or so. I know a couple others around here had their orders accepted by Nissan in that same timeframe. Maybe your dealer dropped the ball? At any rate, I'm told not to expect mine until mid-to-late January.
Old 01-04-2002, 12:45 PM

i live in Canada T.O and i ordered mine a while ago. Now my dealer called me and said it's on the walf(dock) and it will be here in 9 days from now so i don't know what is the hold up with your dealership. I can't wait baby!!! Sterling mist se six with helical lsd black leather.
Old 01-04-2002, 12:58 PM

Originally posted by TAGURIT
i live in Canada T.O and i ordered mine a while ago. Now my dealer called me and said it's on the walf(dock) and it will be here in 9 days from now so i don't know what is the hold up with your dealership. I can't wait baby!!! Sterling mist se six with helical lsd black leather.
I don't live in Canada, but I'm buying mine there. I'm getting it in Toronto. Merlot w/ black leather and HLSD. Where (city) and what dealer did you order it from?

Stereodude
Old 01-04-2002, 03:53 PM

dixie and 401 in Toronto
Old 01-04-2002, 04:03 PM

dixie and 401 in Toronto
Your in Toronto?? Never knew that! Do you attent any of the Max meets?? What Maxima do you drive (as in color, rims, etc..)??

And finally, before PhatGuy says it, respond to the Roll Call on the Canadian forum.
Old 01-04-2002, 06:23 PM

dixie and 401 in Toronto
I don't know were the dealer is I'm dealing with in Toronto. I only know I ordered it from Jeff Sittler (sales manager). I never manage to catch the dealers name on the phone because they rattle it off too fast.

Stereodude
Old 01-04-2002, 08:02 PM

yeah i live in pickering i have already responded to the canadian roll call. I never attended any meets because i'm alyawys busy. I presently have a 2000 max se sterling mist with mac 17 inch 5 star wheels. I used to have on my y-pipe eibach lowering kit stillen intake stillen rear sway bar and a courtesy fstb but took it off because i'm trading it in.

Peace!!
Old 01-05-2002, 01:05 AM

Originally posted by Stereodude

I don't know were the dealer is I'm dealing with in Toronto. I only know I ordered it from Jeff Sittler (sales manager). I never manage to catch the dealers name on the phone because they rattle it off too fast.

Stereodude
that guy jeff works at 401-Dixie Nissan ...that's also the place where i bought my 2k1 max back in may ...they're also the "Highest Volume Nissan Dealer in Canada" or so they claim

http://www.401dixienissan.com/team1.htm

the sales guy i bought mine from no longer works there and i'm looking to get another car in 2 years. so if you could tell me how Jeff treated you, it would be much appreciated

thanks
Old 01-05-2002, 01:11 AM

dixie and 401 in Toronto
tag,

which salesperson did you deal with at 401-dixie nissan?

another question, if you live in pickering, how come you went all the way to sauga to buy your max? (don't worry, i'm the same...live in scarborough and went all the way to sauga to buy it ...my reason, i was stereotyped as being a "young punk" who had no business looking at buying a maxima at a few dealerships... so i sent a request by email (faceless) for pricing to all of the dealers in the GTA and 401-dixie gave me the best price)

cheers
Old 01-05-2002, 01:25 AM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

What does HLSD stand for?
Old 01-05-2002, 08:06 AM

Originally posted by MajesticBlueNTO
that guy jeff works at 401-Dixie Nissan ...that's also the place where i bought my 2k1 max back in may ...they're also the "Highest Volume Nissan Dealer in Canada" or so they claim

http://www.401dixienissan.com/team1.htm

the sales guy i bought mine from no longer works there and i'm looking to get another car in 2 years. so if you could tell me how Jeff treated you, it would be much appreciated

thanks
I've only dealt with him over the phone. He seems nice enough. I'm told that if you're a US Resident buying a car in the Toronto area he's the only person you want to deal with. I'll let you know what I think of him after I meet him and buy the car this month.

Stereodude
Old 01-05-2002, 08:13 AM

Originally posted by K Pazzo 6
What does HLSD stand for?
Helical Limited Slip Diferential. Look at the "Torsen" differential here if you want to know more http://www.howstuffworks.com/differential8.htm As I understand it a HLSD is very similar to a "Torsen" differential (may even be the same thing).

Stereodude
Old 01-05-2002, 10:03 AM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

Thanks...
Old 01-05-2002, 12:54 PM

i think his name is Paul i went there because kingchurch wouldn't give me a good deal like the one in missauga. It's like stereodude coming all the here for a good deal.