5th Generation Maxima (2000-2003) Learn more about the 5th Generation Maxima, including the VQ30DE-K and VQ35DE engines.

A/C Issues, as Acceleration. Related or Coincidence?

Search this Thread

Old 04-18-2012, 09:36 PM

A/C Issues, as Acceleration. Related or Coincidence?

A little background here...

I just ordered a new Nissan factory A/C Compressor, and had it installed by a mechanice friend. We also replaced the Dryer/Filter. The system has been recharged and seemed to work fine when originally tested. But that was in error.

The system cycles on and off without any reason. I am going to clean the condenser coils, but I'm not sure that would cause the system to cycle on/off like it is. The system is holding freon pressure in the designated range.

The 2nd problem goes like this:
The car was bucking when I would accelerate in 1st gear, then it died when I dropped it into neutral one day. I replaced the MAF, as I recalled the last time I had a dying issue, it was the notoriously weak MAF that came with the 2000 Maximas.

Since then the bucking/kicking dropped dramatically. I still feel it on occasion, and at times when I drop the pedal to the floor, I feel the car accelerate, then feel a quick drop in power, then it surges again.

What I don't know is if there is some set of relays that are somewhat related that COULD cause these issues to be related, or if it's just a random happenstance.

If they are separate issues, I need to tackle each of them in turn, so any good ideas of what may be causing them would be helpful.

Thanks