5th Generation Maxima (2000-2003) Learn more about the 5th Generation Maxima, including the VQ30DE-K and VQ35DE engines.

6th Generation

Search this Thread

Old 01-04-2002, 04:44 PM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

6th Generation

So if they're coming out with the 6th generation in 2003, doesn't that make us the shortest generation (2000-2002) in the Max's history? I wonder what that says about our cars.
Old 01-04-2002, 05:03 PM

Re: 6th Generation

Originally posted by steelymatt
So if they're coming out with the 6th generation in 2003, doesn't that make us the shortest generation (2000-2002) in the Max's history? I wonder what that says about our cars.
It says that there are fewer of them than any other generation and that competition, the acquisition by Renault, and the demand for higher performance mid-sized sedans and more powerful full-sized sedans is forcing Nissan/Infiniti to break with tradition and revise their product lines drastically.
Old 01-04-2002, 05:04 PM

Re: Re: 6th Generation

Originally posted by MichaelAE

It says that there are fewer of them than any other generation and that competition, the acquisition by Renault, and the demand for higher performance mid-sized sedans and more powerful full-sized sedans is forcing Nissan/Infiniti to break with tradition and revise their product lines drastically.
Well Said!!
Old 01-04-2002, 05:08 PM

No, there are a lot of people on the board who keep throwing that out there but I am 100% positive without a doubt that the 6th Gen Max wont be redesign until the 2004 model that means there will be 4 years of the fifth gen just like the second gen altima (98,99,00,01). I would go into supporting detail on why but I have already done so in previous threads just rest assured it will not be introduced until 2004......or maybe even 2005
Old 01-04-2002, 06:17 PM

Originally posted by KP117
No, there are a lot of people on the board who keep throwing that out there but I am 100% positive without a doubt that the 6th Gen Max wont be redesign until the 2004 model that means there will be 4 years of the fifth gen just like the second gen altima (98,99,00,01). I would go into supporting detail on why but I have already done so in previous threads just rest assured it will not be introduced until 2004......or maybe even 2005
No, No, No... By all means. Please go into detail on why Nissan issued a press release lying to all of us then. I'm really curious how you can be so certain they are lying.

http://www.nissannews.com/corporate/...927110025.html

NASHVILLE, Tenn. (Sept. 27, 2001) - Nissan today announced that production of a new Nissan Maxima performance sedan will begin at the Nissan North America assembly plant in Smyrna, Tenn., in January 2003. This decision will bring the manufacture of its benchmark-setting sedan to its largest market.
"The Maxima we will build will be an all-new model that will continue the strong legacy of the current model. We are excited to build the Maxima here in this market."
When Maxima production begins in 2003, the plant will build 75,000 of the sedans annually.
The new Maxima will share a vehicle platform with the Nissan Altima.
So now... In light of Nissan's own words how do you explain that you know more about what they're going to do than they do? Are you the President of the Nissan? Please do tell...

Stereodude
Old 01-04-2002, 06:32 PM

we're the proud owners of the last Jap. made Maximas.
Old 01-04-2002, 06:53 PM

Old 01-04-2002, 06:53 PM

Originally posted by Y2KMaxGXE-R
we're the proud owners of the last Jap. made Maximas.
Indeed. Well... soon to be owner in my case.

Stereodude
Old 01-04-2002, 07:00 PM

Originally posted by MichaelAE

I agree with that. If you keep on doing what you've always done, your gonna keep on getting the same results as you always have. hence the break in tradition

"In order to get something you've never had (Increasingly high sales and domination of car class) you've got to do something you've never done (break the tradition). "
Old 01-04-2002, 08:53 PM

Re: Re: Re: 6th Generation

Originally posted by 2Maxed-out4u
I agree with that. If you keep on doing what you've always done, your gonna keep on getting the same results as you always have. hence the break in tradition"In order to get something you've never had (Increasingly high sales and domination of car class) you've got to do something you've never done (break the tradition). "
sorry a bit OT, do you have pics of your car with those wheels, please?
Old 01-04-2002, 10:21 PM

Originally posted by Stereodude
No, No, No... By all means. Please go into detail on why Nissan issued a press release lying to all of us then. I'm really curious how you can be so certain they are lying.

http://www.nissannews.com/corporate/...927110025.html
Pppppplease!!! Don't tell me you believe everything that you read. Even if it turns out to be true, it wouldn't be the first time that a car maker made an "official" notice to the consumer only to change their minds. Case in point ... the "Cougar S". When Cougars first hit the showroom in late August of 1998 as 1999 model year cars, Ford announced that there would a high HP version called the "S" and it would be released in the September of 1999 as a 2000 Cougar S. That date was then pushed back until spring, then again till September of 2000 and will now be the 2001 Cougar S. That time came and went and the S was axed in the summer of 2000. People had them on order and had put down quite a bit of money ... the market was there ... SEMA 99 was all about the Cougar ... the buyers where there and wanted it and it never came to be.

Moral of the story ...don't believe what you read until you see it standing in front of you!

Oh, and another thing ... why all the hostility? Every other post from you is soo damn condensending ... can't you just play nice. Hell, we don't even own Maximas and you have the ***** to come here and belittle people
Old 01-05-2002, 07:08 AM

Re: Re: Re: Re: 6th Generation

Originally posted by Y2KMaxGXE-R

sorry a bit OT, do you have pics of your car with those wheels, please?
Not yet, but believe me when I tell you those wheels/ finder combo with the 2k2 tail lamps look BA on the max. The chrome surrounding the tail lamp brings out the chrome findersd and wheels. I'm gonna try to get pics as soon as possible. Just be on the look out for when I post them.
Old 01-05-2002, 08:02 AM

Originally posted by FastCougar
Pppppplease!!! Don't tell me you believe everything that you read. Even if it turns out to be true, it wouldn't be the first time that a car maker made an "official" notice to the consumer only to change their minds. Case in point ... the "Cougar S". When Cougars first hit the showroom in late August of 1998 as 1999 model year cars, Ford announced that there would a high HP version called the "S" and it would be released in the September of 1999 as a 2000 Cougar S. That date was then pushed back until spring, then again till September of 2000 and will now be the 2001 Cougar S. That time came and went and the S was axed in the summer of 2000. People had them on order and had put down quite a bit of money ... the market was there ... SEMA 99 was all about the Cougar ... the buyers where there and wanted it and it never came to be.

Moral of the story ...don't believe what you read until you see it standing in front of you!
You're missing the point I'm afraid. We don't have any credible evidence that Nissan is lying at this point. There is nothing solid. It's not like people have seen the car and it's not what Nissan says it is. On the one hand we have pure speculation by totally un-informed people. On the other hand we have a press release from Nissan saying what they're going to do. And you want to know why I side with Nissan over the rumors of the uninformed? I would think you should be able to figure this out on your own.
Oh, and another thing ... why all the hostility? Every other post from you is soo damn condensending ... can't you just play nice. Hell, we don't even own Maximas and you have the ***** to come here and belittle people
Seems kinda odd when non Maxima owners come in here and tell the rest of us what Nissan is doing. Like I've said before we have that press release. There isn't any solid or even vaque information anywhere to suggest that any of it is wrong. Yet the same basic thread keeps getting rehashed an rehashed by the same people in every thread. I keep pointing to the only facts we have on the car and the same people keep posting the same garbage rumors in every thread. After a while it gets old.

Stereodude
Old 01-05-2002, 08:14 AM

It means the 5th gens are less common, therefore more valuable. They'll be collector's items.

The 6th gen will be built in the US, but at least UAW won't be putting them together!
Old 01-05-2002, 08:33 AM

Originally posted by ru4real

It means the 5th gens are less common, therefore more valuable. They'll be collector's items.

The 6th gen will be built in the US, but at least UAW won't be putting them together!
The 5th gen Anniversary Edition Max will definitely be a collectors item with only 10,000 built.
Old 01-05-2002, 08:35 AM

Originally posted by jkratzer
The 5th gen Anniversary Edition Max will definitely be a collectors item with only 10,000 built.
Are you sure they had a limited run? I saw a few floating around the dealers quite a bit after the 02's came out. They were pretty cheap and didn't seem to be "in demand".

Stereodude
Old 01-05-2002, 08:45 AM
swallac2

I can't say I'm 100% sure but it doesn't make sense to me that they dumped so much money into the Max this year just to have it out there for 1 year. 6-Speed, HLSD, HID's, Change in front and rear, and on and on. I don't think they did it just for pride, I would think they would need to leave it out there for a couple of years to make their investment back. Unless the reason why the Alt is so much and the interior is so poor is because the Max boys stole from the cookie jar to update their car and keep it in front. But I highly doubt that. A lot of these things will never be used again especially if the Max goes RWD (HLSD, 6 Speed).

Just my two cents.....

Old 01-05-2002, 08:49 AM

Stereodude [/B]
if the max is comming in Jan 03 for production wouldn't that be the 2004 model year?

If the 6th gen is to be produced in 2003 it would have to be ready this fall. Probaly in production now. I think they ran out of time to have the 6th gen for 2003.

I agree with 2004 or 5 depending on how long it takes for them to start production on a new car in a new country..
Old 01-05-2002, 09:21 AM

Originally posted by theMax
if the max is comming in Jan 03 for production wouldn't that be the 2004 model year?

If the 6th gen is to be produced in 2003 it would have to be ready this fall. Probaly in production now. I think they ran out of time to have the 6th gen for 2003.

I agree with 2004 or 5 depending on how long it takes for them to start production on a new car in a new country..
Not necessarily. It could be a late 03. I think they'll call it an 03 (or 03.5) and run the 02 longer than normal. If production starts in January 03 the cars would be on the lots by Feb 03. That's not a lot of lag.
Old 01-05-2002, 10:46 AM

Are you sure they had a limited run? I saw a few floating around the dealers quite a bit after the 02's came out. They were pretty cheap and didn't seem to be "in demand".

Stereodude
Yeah, it has been said here on the org many times that there were only a limited number of AE's produced. I'm not sure of the exact number but it is around 10K. If you search this org, you will also find that many dealers were charging premiums over sticker price for the AE's in early 2001( like 4K-5K over sticker ).
Old 01-05-2002, 11:16 AM

It says that they are the least attractive of all the Maximas made(Ask a non owner), and the 4th gens are nothing to sing about.
Old 01-05-2002, 11:18 AM

Stereodude
Yes, 10,000 AE's produced.

Although, I'm guessing that "collectors item" is going a bit too far. Its not the original Z car or anything.
Old 01-05-2002, 11:21 AM

Originally posted by slydel
It says that they are the least attractive of all the Maximas made(Ask a non owner), and the 4th gens are nothing to sing about.

Brilliant analysis.
Old 01-05-2002, 10:23 PM

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: 6th Generation

I think they'll call it an 03 (or 03.5) and run the 02 longer than normal. If production starts in January 03 the cars would be on the lots by Feb 03.
Okay after accusing me of thinking I was the president of Nissan here you go with "I think" marketing strategies for Nissan. Like the person said in the previous post that would be late for a production for a 03 model...especially for an ALL NEW REDISINGED CAR I mean c'mon use some logic The 2002 altima was introduced in 2001 so it could be displayed at car shows and press exposé’s (a Maxima built in January 2003 would miss all of the events shows for 2003 upcoming models) this applies for most redesigned new year models(00 max introduced in late 99,2002Cadillac Escalade introduced in Summer of 2001,both redesigned cars and plenty more I wont mention). I never said the 6th gen max would not be built in 03 just that it would be 2004 model.