5th Generation Maxima (2000-2003) Learn more about the 5th Generation Maxima, including the VQ30DE-K and VQ35DE engines.

5th gen Off Topic Thread (Official Ghustle thread v1)

Search this Thread

Old 05-11-2012 | 12:09 PM

Originally Posted by merovi
I mean seriously..read up on this stuff before you just start spewing fan boy hatred. It's sad.
ok Ill continue this then Im out of here. How much can you OC your Iphone?
Old 05-11-2012 | 12:09 PM
My axles cry for mercy...

Originally Posted by cjandura
we need a incognego name that Clashez wont find
lmao

Exactly. I've tried both but in the end the iphone wins me over for overall simplicity in regards to how I use the phone.

you do know that flash is being killed off right? Everything is converting to HTML5 and using less and less flash. I don't even know the last time I went to a site and it didn't work because it was in flash. I mean seriously..read up on this stuff before you just start spewing fan boy hatred. It's sad.
desktop yahoo site

lol. j/k
Old 05-11-2012 | 12:10 PM

It's a 2 step process

1) Remove all the clear junk posts
2) Remove all the technical posts that are actually junk
But...the problem is...

So.

Much.

Reading.

I bet I could make it through the Harry Potter series faster.
Old 05-11-2012 | 12:13 PM
Ad·min·is·tra·tor

Originally Posted by Mr. Brett
I can't believe the group of y'all that are getting butthurt that Dan closed the old thread.

He let us have a new one. Technically, by the forum's rules, this thread is illegal. Be thankful that he let the other one go for almost two years, and then let us open up another one on top of that.
this
Old 05-11-2012 | 12:14 PM

Originally Posted by essential1
Rules...

1) NO NOODS!!!
2) NO NOOBS!!!
3) Shift_Max needs to help me with my swap
4) WIN!!
+1

Originally Posted by DanNY
there should be absolutely ZERO NWS anything on the open forum (aside from OT).

i don't care if the warning is in the title or not...it doesn't belong in the forum.
THIS IS WHAT I HAVE BEEN SAYING FROM DAY 1.

lmao

desktop yahoo site

lol. j/k

Real tlk... Buy that flywheel+clutch+pp, I could use the comission right about meow.
Old 05-11-2012 | 12:14 PM

So... what happened? First time I've been on the Org today and the ghustle thread is gone, but this one replaced it I see. Cliffs on what went down?
Old 05-11-2012 | 12:16 PM

Okay, in on the phone conversation.

Having owned both an Android OS-based phone and an iPhone, I'll be one to say that I much prefer Android over iPhone.

Maybe it's because of the way everything is organized. The iPhone just clutters all of your apps into a jumble and throws them on the desktop. Yes, you can file them into folders on the 4 and 4S, but can you run desktop widgets on the 4?

I've not owned a 4, only a 3GS. I like that my Samsung GSII allows me to put different widgets onto my desktop, such as weather, traffic, etc, and organize them as I please. I can load the desktop with widgets, or clean them up and leave only a few icons there.
Old 05-11-2012 | 12:17 PM

Originally Posted by Waxima
So... what happened? First time I've been on the Org today and the ghustle thread is gone, but this one replaced it I see. Cliffs on what went down?
It's bloated and using up a lot of server space, so we closed it.

That, and Bryan was being an idiot and testing Dan's patience.
Old 05-11-2012 | 12:18 PM

I will agree that the iPhone is much more user-friendly than an Android, but I just like the overall look, fit and finish of Android better.

The facts remain the same. Merovi owns an iphone so of course he thinks its best. THe fact is a jailbroken iphone has HUGE security risks online that with an android a hacker has very few options. Also with updates on the iphone it destroys everything you have done(on purpose?). It is terribly slow jailbroken as well

Originally Posted by ShocknAwe
ok Ill continue this then Im out of here. How much can you OC your Iphone?
How much do I need to OC my phone? LOL i don't. It runs smooth as butter on a hot day.

lmao

desktop yahoo site

lol. j/k
haha what's yahoo? google for life.

Phatboi kept posting NWS stuff after danny asked him 3 seperate times to stop. he got a 5 day ban and the ghustle thread was locked. Mostly because of the strain it was causing being as big as it was. New thread commence.
Old 05-11-2012 | 12:21 PM

How much do I need to OC my phone? LOL i don't. It runs smooth as butter on a hot day.
My old inc will run circles around a jailbroken iphone. THe facts I said before are simply true. With an iphone you NEED to jailbreak to get to the level a stock android has. Its not opinion, its fact. With a rooted droid you can make the phone better not just look different and give you things you should be able to do anyways
Old 05-11-2012 | 12:22 PM

merovi, who's your service provider? AT&T or Verizon?

I do know for a fact that on the new iPhones, when they send update packets via cell towers, (if they somehow find out that your phone has been jailbroken), they WILL lock your phone, and the only way to unlock it is to go to Apple and have them hard reset your phone.
Old 05-11-2012 | 12:22 PM

The facts remain the same. Merovi owns an iphone so of course he thinks its best. THe fact is a jailbroken iphone has HUGE security risks online that with an android a hacker has very few options. Also with updates on the iphone it destroys everything you have done(on purpose?). It is terribly slow jailbroken as well
God damn you are so misinformed it HURTS.

first, I never said iphone was the best. In fact I said they are both amazing and just better for people on a case by case basis. FFS man you look more and more like an idiot every time you continue this convo.

And you think jailbroken phones have HUGE security risks? nope. Change your ssh password and the phone is secure. That simple.

I've NEVER had anything destroyed on my phone from updating. in fact iCloud backs up everything including app data and phone settings in case something even happens to my phone. Get a new one and not only is my info brought down from the cloud, every single thing on my phone is brought down with it.

When both my 4 AND 4S were jailbroken there was absolutely no slow down. Again, stop hating to hate and just accept the fact that BOTH phones and are awesome in their own way.
Old 05-11-2012 | 12:23 PM

You guys keep acting like phatboi did something that doesn't happen all day long in there normally. Fact remains the same, traffic will drop off now but that doesnt hurt us. Hurts the advertisers
Old 05-11-2012 | 12:24 PM

Can we haz motion in this thread to disable posting by post-2010 join date people?
Old 05-11-2012 | 12:24 PM

God damn you are so misinformed it HURTS.
The Chupashargin Chupacabra chockNnawww in one sentence.
Old 05-11-2012 | 12:25 PM

My old inc will run circles around a jailbroken iphone. THe facts I said before are simply true. With an iphone you NEED to jailbreak to get to the level a stock android has. Its not opinion, its fact. With a rooted droid you can make the phone better not just look different and give you things you should be able to do anyways
run circles around my phone? doing what? What could you possibly be doing on your phone that you need to over clock it? ugh...

and no. look at benchmarks. The a stock iphone destroys in almost every category.

merovi, who's your service provider? AT&T or Verizon?

I do know for a fact that on the new iPhones, when they send update packets via cell towers, (if they somehow find out that your phone has been jailbroken), they WILL lock your phone, and the only way to unlock it is to go to Apple and have them hard reset your phone.
I have AT&T but i've NEVER heard of this. The only thing I've heard carriers doing was throttling data for people tethering when they shouldn't.
Old 05-11-2012 | 12:26 PM

You guys keep acting like phatboi did something that doesn't happen all day long in there normally. Fact remains the same, traffic will drop off now but that doesnt hurt us. Hurts the advertisers

And you think jailbroken phones have HUGE security risks? nope. Change your ssh password and the phone is secure. That simple.
I dont think you know your own phone lol. WHen you jailbreak an iphone the browser automatically has root permission to the WHOLE phone. On android you have to allow it. A password will not stop any hacker. Both phones are good but to get an Iphone on the level of a stock droid you must jailbreak. Thats my only point

I have AT&T but i've NEVER heard of this. The only thing I've heard carriers doing was throttling data for people tethering when they shouldn't.
I'll see if I can dig up some info on it. I've heard about it a couple of times.

They might have stopped, I don't know. But I know it was an issue for a while.
Old 05-11-2012 | 12:27 PM

but i've NEVER heard of this. The only thing I've heard carriers doing was throttling data for people tethering when they shouldn't.
Its commonly known that it does happen what is not known is whether they un-jailbreak it on purpose or not. Apple has said no lol
Old 05-11-2012 | 12:28 PM
Banned

Man i think iphone gonna make me angry kind of like when Rochester got his first touch tone phone last year for the longest you could hear him yelling Maw wheres the rotary dial at?i think one of the kids broke it
Old 05-11-2012 | 12:28 PM

Giddyup :-D
Old 05-11-2012 | 12:30 PM

Originally Posted by Amerikaner83
Giddyup :-D
Everytime I see you post I keep reading Sunovabish, WA
Old 05-11-2012 | 12:30 PM
"I'm just sayin'..."

Can we haz motion in this thread to disable posting by post-2010 join date people?
Yay.
Old 05-11-2012 | 12:31 PM

Originally Posted by nelledge
Yay.
Jesus, just realized how hxcore the edge is, 3+ years on me
Old 05-11-2012 | 12:32 PM

I stand to disagree with this motion.

There are a few post-2010'ers who are decent.

Amerikaner, for example. He's fine in my book.
Old 05-11-2012 | 12:32 PM

no
Old 05-11-2012 | 12:33 PM

haha what's yahoo? google for life.

Phatboi kept posting NWS stuff after danny asked him 3 seperate times to stop. he got a 5 day ban and the ghustle thread was locked. Mostly because of the strain it was causing being as big as it was. New thread commence.
i swear this should be on every news channels, its weird now since the GHustle thread is gone..... and no more NWS
Ad·min·is·tra·tor

where does it happen in this forum normally (outside of OT)? SHOW ME...i will lock, remove, and ban at the drop of a hat.

do you pay us in advertising? if not then do not comment about the advertisers like you really care?

I stand to disagree with this motion.

There are a few post-2010'ers who are decent.

Amerikaner, for example. He's fine in my book.
Post 2010, plus Amerikaner, minus Clashez (2009).

Win?
Old 05-11-2012 | 12:35 PM

Post 2010, plus Amerikaner, minus Clashez (2009).

Win?
J_MaxxX can stay, too. Then we have an agreement.
Ad·min·is·tra·tor

Originally Posted by J_MAxxX
i swear this should be on every news channels, its weird now since the GHustle thread is gone..... and no more NWS
the old thread is there...it's been stickied...if you look at them every once in a while instead of scrolling past them you will see it. the thread wasn't removed, it was locked.
Banned

Noobs must be asumolated and forced to data mine all the correct 6 speed swap info and post it in one thread.noob=after my join date
Old 05-11-2012 | 12:36 PM

the old thread is there...it's been stickied...if you look at them every once in a while instead of scrolling past them you will see it. the thread wasn't removed, it was locked.
Poor Dan.

It's like talking to a brick wall sometimes, isn't it?
Old 05-11-2012 | 12:37 PM

Originally Posted by cjandura
Noobs must be asumolated and forced to data mine all the correct 6 speed swap info and post it in one thread.noob=after my join date
Old 05-11-2012 | 12:37 PM

J_MaxxX can stay, too. Then we have an agreement.
Deal. Mods/DanNY/somebodeeeee lezzz make dis happen?

Edit actually maybe not after that last post up there that Dan rightfully shellacked him for. n00bs.
Old 05-11-2012 | 12:38 PM

where does it happen in this forum normally (outside of OT)? SHOW ME...i will lock, remove, and ban at the drop of a hat.

do you pay us in advertising? if not then do not comment about the advertisers like you really care?
I was speaking in reference to the Ghustle thread. It brought it the most traffic and thus is more valuable than the average "my car broke today help" thread.
Old 05-11-2012 | 12:39 PM

Edit actually maybe not after that last post up there that Dan rightfully shellacked him for. n00bs.
Post noted.

I was speaking in reference to the Ghustle thread. It brought it the most traffic and thus is more valuable than the average "my car broke today help" thread.
The Google spider bots will STILL continue to build up stats for the org. Especially if you give this thread a week, and it starts hitting the 20-25 page mark.

Quick Reply: 5th gen Off Topic Thread (Official Ghustle thread v1)