5th Generation Maxima (2000-2003) Learn more about the 5th Generation Maxima, including the VQ30DE-K and VQ35DE engines.

5th gen Off Topic Thread (Official Ghustle thread v1)

Search this Thread

Old 07-16-2012 | 05:45 AM

Originally Posted by Crusher103
noted
Old 07-16-2012 | 07:08 AM

I kid I used to go to school with before I moved from New York died in a motorcycle accident early yesterday morning. Didn't really know him, just happened to sit in the same classes a few times through the course of middle school and junior high. Still, kind of eerie to think about.

He was posting on Facebook up until not even an hour before the accident. Just shows how quickly one instance that changes everything can happen. 19 is way too young to go.
Old 07-16-2012 | 07:13 AM

Originally Posted by Waxima
I kid I used to go to school with before I moved from New York died in a motorcycle accident early yesterday morning. Didn't really know him, just happened to sit in the same classes a few times through the course of middle school and junior high. Still, kind of eerie to think about.

He was posting on Facebook up until not even an hour before the accident. Just shows how quickly one instance that changes everything can happen. 19 is way too young to go.
damn. reminds me of this guy i know. probably 3-4yrs ago now. i just saw and talked to the guy taht sunday..that monday morning my mom called me at work to tell me he was in a motorcycle accident..for damn near a month he was on his death bed...luckily now he's pretty much back to his old life..but man, that was a sad time
Old 07-16-2012 | 07:20 AM

That's a chilling story.

I was casual friends with a guy from NYC back in college. He graduated a year before me. Just before graduation, his parents gifted him a brand new 1987 Maxima, fully loaded black on black leather. I got to see the car once... it was gorgeous for its day. A lot like this car here:

Someone carjacked him in NYC, beat him up bad. He died in the hospital.

Haven't thought about that in a while. Still makes me sad.
Old 07-16-2012 | 07:24 AM

Originally Posted by phatboislim
damn. reminds me of this guy i know. probably 3-4yrs ago now. i just saw and talked to the guy taht sunday..that monday morning my mom called me at work to tell me he was in a motorcycle accident..for damn near a month he was on his death bed...luckily now he's pretty much back to his old life..but man, that was a sad time
The worst part is from what I'm reading on Facebook and in the news stories about it, it wasn't his fault at all. It was about 3am and he was on a 65mph highway. This idiot in a tractor trailer got on the wrong on-ramp and ended up going the wrong way on the highway. He decided to pull an illegal u-turn across all four lanes. This is when he came up on the bike and must have been too late seeing what was going on. He slammed into the passenger side of the truck.

I hope they hit the truck driver with some heavy charges because what he did was about as stupid as it gets. I've been in the area and you have to be a complete moron or totally not paying attention to get on the highway the wrong way. There are massive wrong way signs at the end of the off ramps. And when you think about it, there's a good chance there would have been a fatal accident with a car too. There's not too much lighting on the side of a truck as opposed to the back or the front.
Old 07-16-2012 | 07:27 AM

That's always a crazy feeling and always so sad.

My girlfriend had a friend from her hometown that committed suicide and you can see the Facebook post that progressed to his suicide. Crazy ****
Old 07-16-2012 | 07:28 AM

Originally Posted by Rochester
That's a chilling story.

I was casual friends with a guy from NYC back in college. He graduated a year before me. Just before graduation, his parents gifted him a brand new 1987 Maxima, fully loaded black on black leather. I got to see the car once... it was gorgeous for its day. A lot like this car here:

It didn't happen too far from you, either. I'm assuming you're familiar with route 690 in Syracuse? That's where it was.

That is a terrible story. Did they ever catch the guys who did it?
Old 07-16-2012 | 07:29 AM

sorry to hear about yal loses
Old 07-16-2012 | 07:33 AM

It didn't happen too far from you, either. I'm assuming you're familiar with route 690 in Syracuse? That's where it was.

That is a terrible story. Did they ever catch the guys who did it?
690 is one of the Syracuse Highways off Interstate 90, so yeah, that's right down the road. Well, 60 miles down the road.

IDK what happened with the murder of the guy I went to college with. We were just friends as classmates, and didn't hang much outside of classes. Boy he was proud of that car, though. Shame he only got to enjoy it for about a week.
Old 07-16-2012 | 07:36 AM

That's a chilling story.

You guys remember this story:

http://www.gamespot.com/news/police-...-thief-6162640

Me and him went to HS together.
Old 07-16-2012 | 07:41 AM

That's a chilling story.

DAMN!!!!!!!!! i've already come to teh conclusion, if i ever get robbed, carjacked, i'm giving that **** up, i'm not losing my life over it, it's not worth it

The worst part is from what I'm reading on Facebook and in the news stories about it, it wasn't his fault at all. It was about 3am and he was on a 65mph highway. This idiot in a tractor trailer got on the wrong on-ramp and ended up going the wrong way on the highway. He decided to pull an illegal u-turn across all four lanes. This is when he came up on the bike and must have been too late seeing what was going on. He slammed into the passenger side of the truck.

I hope they hit the truck driver with some heavy charges because what he did was about as stupid as it gets. I've been in the area and you have to be a complete moron or totally not paying attention to get on the highway the wrong way. There are massive wrong way signs at the end of the off ramps. And when you think about it, there's a good chance there would have been a fatal accident with a car too. There's not too much lighting on the side of a truck as opposed to the back or the front.
that's why i always try to keep an eye out on possible retards and always in advance try to make a way out for me incase someone does something stupid. the day i got into my minor accident i was trying to get away from someone in my blind spot that wouldnt move, just as i was going to make my manuever that a55hole pulled outa and i couldnt move over because of the a55hole in my blind spot. people really dont think when they drive

Originally Posted by Crusher103
You guys remember this story:

http://www.gamespot.com/news/police-...-thief-6162640

Me and him went to HS together.
that's the first time i've heard about that, but that's f'd up
Old 07-16-2012 | 07:43 AM

So I went to a party this weekend, and got to see a whole bunch of friends I only see once or twice a year. I took the G, and it was showroom clean for the road trip. Unfortunately, the one old friend who actually knows, builds and races cars... he wasn't there. Instead I had a group of people gawking at the G saying things like:
Is it front wheel drive?
What kind of mileage does it get?
Why is it a stick shift?
Isn't that the same as an Altima?
Can you fit 3 people in the back?
Sure is pretty... kind of small, though.
Old 07-16-2012 | 07:48 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by T_Behr904
Cj keeps it real.
Cj is a bull chit artist... he got so much money but can't open up a PayPal account lol... damn you guys are so ... soo naive
Old 07-16-2012 | 07:49 AM

So I went to a party this weekend, and got to see a whole bunch of friends I only see once or twice a year. I took the G, and it was showroom clean for the road trip. Unfortunately, the one old friend who actually knows, builds and races cars... he wasn't there. Instead I had a group of people gawking at the G saying things like:
Is it front wheel drive?
What kind of mileage does it get?
Why is it a stick shift?
Isn't that the same as an Altima?
Can you fit 3 people in the back?
Sure is pretty... kind of small, though.
if you would have slammed it and put some stanced wheels on it, you wouldnt have had to deal w/ those mundane questions
Old 07-16-2012 | 08:05 AM

if you would have slammed it and put some stanced wheels on it, you wouldnt have had to deal w/ those mundane questions
It was a graduation party for my buddy's kid, heading off to college, so in that respect you're right... instead of showing it to my friends, it would have drawn attention to all the pimple-faced teenagers at the event.

And probably not even that, because they live in a pretty rural location, where the height of cool is a rusty old truck with off-road tires and a gun-rack.
Old 07-16-2012 | 08:10 AM

Something about the S2000 brings out my inner ricer. I want one.

Old 07-16-2012 | 08:23 AM

Oh my god sweet jesus lawd 1/2 mersayyyy....

That was one hellacious morning
Old 07-16-2012 | 08:31 AM

Speaking of deaths, I think the first death of my HS class was this guy here:

http://obits.dignitymemorial.com/dig...0&locale=en-US

Total *******, but still R.I.P.

The only one that bothered me from my H.S. was our wrestling team captain:

http://www.wral.com/news/local/story/5880002/

Smitty was cool, and one of the few wrestlers that welcomed me on the team and didn't hate me because Wrestling wasn't my sport, I was only in it to get in better shape.

Last edited by aackshun; 07-16-2012 at 08:34 AM.
Old 07-16-2012 | 08:49 AM

Just got back from testing....... i failed.... it was a progression test, English/Math/Skills test, both english and math test was 50 questions in 20mins, both those tests said you are not expected to finish just answer as much as you can... im not sure how they grade the tests but my grades were... 350/355 (english) 305/355 (math) passed those comfortably for the expected minimum score of 265... the skills test was 68questions 30mins and you are expected to answer all, the minimum score was 54 i got a 43... quite disappointing but out of a testing of 34 people, i was literally the only person left in the skills test... hopefully that counts for something if they are really looking into hiring... im a little upset with myself though to say the least
Old 07-16-2012 | 08:54 AM

Originally Posted by aackshun
Speaking of deaths, I think the first death of my HS class was this guy here:

http://obits.dignitymemorial.com/dig...0&locale=en-US

Total *******, but still R.I.P.

The only one that bothered me from my H.S. was our wrestling team captain:

http://www.wral.com/news/local/story/5880002/

Smitty was cool, and one of the few wrestlers that welcomed me on the team and didn't hate me because Wrestling wasn't my sport, I was only in it to get in better shape.
there's alot of trigger happy cops in NC i see
Old 07-16-2012 | 08:55 AM

Originally Posted by Grand_hustle17
Just got back from testing....... i failed.... it was a progression test, English/Math/Skills test, both english and math test was 50 questions in 20mins, both those tests said you are not expected to finish just answer as much as you can... im not sure how they grade the tests but my grades were... 350/355 (english) 305/355 (math) passed those comfortably for the expected minimum score of 265... the skills test was 68questions 30mins and you are expected to answer all, the minimum score was 54 i got a 43... quite disappointing but out of a testing of 34 people, i was literally the only person left in the skills test... hopefully that counts for something if they are really looking into hiring... im a little upset with myself though to say the least
next time take 2 shots of liquor than go *** up that skills test

Old 07-16-2012 | 08:58 AM

Originally Posted by Amerikaner83
sorry, just tired of reading all the "you're gay" **** he posts. Accompanied by adding to ignore list.

What are these skills that they're testing for?

[IMG]http://geniuzdesigns.de/wp-content/upgrade/walking-like-a-boss-meme-i19.jpg[IMG]
this.
Old 07-16-2012 | 09:01 AM

What are these skills that they're testing for?

this.
Metro bus maintenance... it was a small mix of mental ability and some otha shyt idk lol

lol... yea, probably wont be a next time... it was good training for my upcoming test next month
Old 07-16-2012 | 09:04 AM

lol this for the nissan job?
Old 07-16-2012 | 09:06 AM

What's up? Is this part of a job interview?

99% and 86% seems pretty darn good scores. Shame about the last one, but like you said, if you were the only one left then it seems you're as good as they're going to get, regardless of expectations. And it sounds to me like their expectations are unrealistic.

Sure would like to get a glance at those questions to see what you're up against.
Old 07-16-2012 | 09:12 AM

i think Hustle is more english oriented than you Chester...yall should have a english battle
Old 07-16-2012 | 09:18 AM

What's up? Is this part of a job interview?

99% and 86% seems pretty darn good scores. Shame about the last one, but like you said, if you were the only one left then it seems you're as good as they're going to get, regardless of expectations. And it sounds to me like their expectations are unrealistic.

Sure would like to get a glance at those questions to see what you're up against.
the test IMO wasnt bad and really i thought i shouldve done better, the biggest challenge in all the tests were time... i kinda chuckled after the (what looked like an "apu") failed the english test, me and him were the 1st to start the test so the way they let you go is kind of funny and discreate, they pull you out the room and show you your scores individually lol, he asked in his accent if he could go and continue on with the math test and the instructor just simply said no which was somewhat funny as heck... with more time im more than sure i couldve passed all the test... on a scale of 1-10 on difficulty (10 being the hardest), ill say it was about 5 and most of that being time...

Metro bus maintenance... it was a small mix of mental ability and some otha shyt idk lol

lol... yea, probably wont be a next time... it was good training for my upcoming test next month
Nice city job eh... Yeah that would be a good one to land.

And props, I would have failed the ch1t outta the english section just for the plain fact I HAAAAATTTEEEEEE English, comma this, apostrophe that, spell this right, what did this story mean to you, what is the best way to write this.... fck all that noise , I get pissed just typing about it.

Old 07-16-2012 | 09:19 AM

i think Hustle is more english oriented than you Chester...yall should have a english battle
.... i think you are too tall for your small **** integra, you should trash it
Old 07-16-2012 | 09:23 AM
Banned

And props, I would have failed the ch1t outta the english section just for the plain fact I HAAAAATTTEEEEEE English, comma this, apostrophe that, spell this right, what did this story mean to you, what is the best way to write this.... fck all that noise , I get pissed just typing about it.
well spend more Quality time with rochester and he will teach you the proper way in more things then one.btw how many doughnuts did he get you with?
Old 07-16-2012 | 09:24 AM

The Engurish ranguage erudes me
Banned

Originally Posted by Clashez
Cj is a bull chit artist... he got so much money but can't open up a PayPal account lol... damn you guys are so ... soo naive
GO SUCK OUT YA MUDDA PU$$YHOLE I-YA

.... i think you are too tall for your small **** integra, you should trash it

Old 07-16-2012 | 09:25 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by AznRyan
The Engurish ranguage erudes me
so does common sense
Old 07-16-2012 | 09:26 AM

Old 07-16-2012 | 09:27 AM

Originally Posted by cjandura
GO SUCK OUT YA MUDDA PU$$YHOLE I-YA
why do u still listen to dude???.... CJ what were you going to do with individual buyers for the coils???... i thought you was going to look into another business account or something like that
Old 07-16-2012 | 09:28 AM

Originally Posted by cjandura
so does common sense
Too bad all those potato bread hoagies don't elude you
Old 07-16-2012 | 09:29 AM
Banned

why do u still listen to dude???.... CJ what were you going to do with individual buyers for the coils???... i thought you was going to look into another business account or something like that
i did a business account but it still linbks back to my name so they F'ed me up 2 days after i opened it
Old 07-16-2012 | 09:29 AM

lol yea it had a few of those in it also

Quick Reply: 5th gen Off Topic Thread (Official Ghustle thread v1)