5th Generation Maxima (2000-2003) Learn more about the 5th Generation Maxima, including the VQ30DE-K and VQ35DE engines.

5th gen Off Topic Thread (Official Ghustle thread v1)

Search this Thread

Old 05-11-2012 | 03:57 PM

Originally Posted by ranmas2004
I WANT ONE!!!!

Looks like a Ferrari from the side then got a little Audi R8 going on in the front..
Old 05-11-2012 | 04:05 PM
Banned

what wheel offset would make 18" wheels flush?
Old 05-11-2012 | 04:07 PM
Banned

What the fawk is going on here...
Old 05-11-2012 | 04:08 PM
Banned

There goes the neighborhood
Old 05-11-2012 | 04:08 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by cjandura
+25 front and 30+ rear
Old 05-11-2012 | 04:10 PM
Banned

Cj I need you to find me a driver side and passager side window for the gt
Old 05-11-2012 | 04:13 PM

what is this site coming to...
Old 05-11-2012 | 04:17 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by Clashez
Cj I need you to find me a driver side and passager side window for the gt
Good luck they were hard to find in the 90's but celica hatch windows work you might want to look for a quad weber setup for that 4a engine and a 85 supra exhaust mani
Old 05-11-2012 | 04:33 PM
Banned

So wait no more NWS even if its org related?
Old 05-11-2012 | 04:38 PM

I just had the most fawked up thing happen. I ran an errand and suddenly had this wheel scraping sound. Before I could pull over it stopped & the car drove fine like it never happened the rest of the way. Got home & saw the 'baffle' (in the FSM) for the rear rotor was gone. Probably rusted off, is this common? Is there any reason to replace it, since it looks better without it.
Old 05-11-2012 | 04:42 PM
Banned

Good luck they were hard to find in the 90's but celica hatch windows work you might want to look for a quad weber setup for that 4a engine and a 85 supra exhaust mani
Funny you said that... was looking up exhaust components on fea bay.. big part of me wants to just drop a 350 or a 302 in there... but I may just pull the motor and have it rebuilt and settle for what ever power I can mustard out of it
Old 05-11-2012 | 04:47 PM

Originally Posted by Clashez
So wait no more NWS even if its org related?
Like what
Old 05-11-2012 | 04:58 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by pimpin02max
Like what
Well crusher just got a new lower back tattoo ''I love maxima.org'' ... guess will have to tell him to bring back the new thong ... and mr. Brett the camera
Old 05-11-2012 | 05:20 PM
My axles cry for mercy...

Depends on the width of the wheel.
Old 05-11-2012 | 05:29 PM

The only reason I don't like the kenwood is I war the cd drive to be behind the screen so I have more screen size. And less buttons. I want it to look somewhat factory. Nice deal though
Old 05-11-2012 | 05:30 PM

I also can not go to the car wash again. I rode the rail into it. Time for manual washes
Old 05-11-2012 | 05:43 PM

Originally Posted by merovi
I also can not go to the car wash again. I rode the rail into it. Time for manual washes
Car wash!?
Old 05-11-2012 | 05:52 PM

Originally Posted by nelledge
If you never question authority, you're a lemming. Read: Respect authority, but you don't have to follow it blindly. Some of you in here are too young to understand this right now. However, one day you'll have your burning-filament moment.
Sure, when power derives from a democratic process and decisions are transparent. But that's not the Org.

We exist at the whim of the mods, and to a greater extent, DanNY and Internet Brands. That doesn't mean Dan is a Sage bestowing forum benevolence with the flick of his wrist (), it's simply an immutable fact that he and the Mods can do whatever they like.

You know, there are more than a few Mods on the Org who are total aholes, with Mod privs left over as a legacy from when they were relevant. You can rail against them if you like, but they can still ban your azz and there's nothing you can do about it.

So resign yourself to the fact (FACT) that this is just another internet forum. T_Behr said it best with an old sig line: You are not your post count, you are not your mod list, and you are not your fcking sig photo. You're just another dude talking about cars.
Old 05-11-2012 | 05:53 PM

Originally Posted by Rochester
Car wash!?
I have free delta sonic coupons. It's nice when in a hurry. it's better than leaving the car dirty
Old 05-11-2012 | 05:53 PM
"I'm just sayin'..."

Car wash!?
Old 05-11-2012 | 05:57 PM

I know, you know? First he puts HID fogs in, and I thought, "Damn, that's nice." Then he puts coilovers in, and I thought, "Damn, wish I'd done that."

But then he goes and lowers the thing to the pavement. And now I find out he's going through the car wash with it.

merovi, don't make me come take that car back. I'll do it, Mister! Don't think I won't.
Old 05-11-2012 | 05:58 PM

merovi, don't make me come take that car back. I'll do it, Mister! Don't think I won't.
JK, buddy. I don't want the Max anymore.

Because G.
Old 05-11-2012 | 05:59 PM
Ad·min·is·tra·tor

for anyone that's upset about the previous thread being locked then you're more than welcome to PM me and we can discuss it.
these cheap one line shots are not really necessary. if you have something to say...say it to me if you wish to question authority. i was the one that locked it. i made the decision to lock it. so if you want to get upset and voice your opinion then tell me...and please don't tell me about how advertisers will get upset unless you're the actual advertiser.

Thanks,
Dan
Old 05-11-2012 | 05:59 PM
"I'm just sayin'..."

Sure, when power derives from a democratic process and decisions are transparent. But that's not the Org.

We exist at the whim of the mods, and to a greater extent, DanNY and Internet Brands. That doesn't mean Dan is a Sage bestowing forum benevolence with the flick of his wrist (), it's simply an immutable fact that he and the Mods can do whatever they like.

You know, there are more than a few Mods on the Org who are total aholes, with Mod privs left over as a legacy from when they were relevant. You can rail against them if you like, but they can still ban your azz and there's nothing you can do about it.

So resign yourself to the fact (FACT) that this is just another internet forum. T_Behr said it best with an old sig line: You are not your post count, you are not your mod list, and you are not your fcking sig photo. You're just another dude talking about cars.
I'm not worried about a ban. I would probably profit from it. Actually, I would argue we all would. My point is that we're all human (some a smidge or two less than others) whether we're the admin or not. People using the anonymity of the internet to hide behind their pretentious selves can be written off by some as the way it goes, but I'm not like that in real life. I would object if wrong happened in front of me, democracy or not. To say you would do any less because it is the 'law of the land' in some environments is a weak argument to having a lack of ethics at best and a lack of testicular fortitude at worst.
Old 05-11-2012 | 06:02 PM

A friend of mine gets free washes from one of those places. I told him I'm too low to go through one of those. He assured me I'd be fine because his slammed teggy makes it through just fine. we had to call my buddy and tell him to bring his dads truck and a tow rope.
Old 05-11-2012 | 06:04 PM

testicular fortitude
nelledge is on a roll. It's been nice knowing you, Cowboy.
Old 05-11-2012 | 06:08 PM
"I'm just sayin'..."

Actually, that one was aimed at you for giving up the fight.
Old 05-11-2012 | 06:10 PM
"I'm just sayin'..."

Also, there is a reason I've been here going on 8 years without a ban. I'm never crude, I respect other's opinions even when I disagree, and I make an attempt to help people when I can. If it ever happens, events will speak for themselves.

Enough of this, bring on the wiring harness debauchery, Essential!!!
Old 05-11-2012 | 06:13 PM

we almost had 1 mil views
I was really hoping that the thread would have stayed alive until it hit the one million mark...

I wonder if we ask nicely, DanNY might reconsider opening it up to let us hit that mark, and then lock it back up for good after that?

Just a thought...
Old 05-11-2012 | 06:15 PM
"I'm just sayin'..."

Originally Posted by T_Behr904
I was really hoping that the thread would have stayed alive until it hit the one million mark...

I wonder if we ask nicely, DanNY might reconsider opening it up to let us hit that mark, and then lock it back up for good after that?

Just a thought...
It did hit that mark. However, it would be cool if we could let it get to 2012 pages. A memorial tribute of sorts.
Old 05-11-2012 | 06:20 PM

Originally Posted by T_Behr904

Just a thought...
It's over a million views. The views don't stop just because it's locked
Old 05-11-2012 | 06:34 PM

Also, there is a reason I've been here going on 8 years without a ban. I'm never crude, I respect other's opinions even when I disagree, and I make an attempt to help people when I can. If it ever happens, events will speak for themselves.

Enough of this, bring on the wiring harness debauchery, Essential!!!
someone's paying attention. It's gonna be on hold for a month or so because I decided to just throw in the 6mt while I'm at it. I have all the parts already to literally put the motor in and start it though, except for the 6mt and associated hardware. I could just mod the flywheel and use the 5MT, but I'm still not 100% on doing this yet.
Old 05-11-2012 | 06:37 PM

Gonna have to put the car on the lift. Something under the car moved. Feels like the exhaust is touching somewhere. Doesn't sound like a leak but I can hear it and almost feel a vibration. Kinda mad at myself
Old 05-11-2012 | 06:43 PM
Ad·min·is·tra·tor

I'm not worried about a ban. I would probably profit from it. Actually, I would argue we all would. My point is that we're all human (some a smidge or two less than others) whether we're the admin or not. People using the anonymity of the internet to hide behind their pretentious selves can be written off by some as the way it goes, but I'm not like that in real life. I would object if wrong happened in front of me, democracy or not. To say you would do any less because it is the 'law of the land' in some environments is a weak argument to having a lack of ethics at best and a lack of testicular fortitude at worst.
explain what occurred that you felt was "wrong" and what are you objecting to exactly?
- locking of the thread?
- banning phatboi?
- other?
Old 05-11-2012 | 06:44 PM
Ad·min·is·tra·tor

nah...he's keeping it civil. there's no need for a ban....at least not from me.
Old 05-11-2012 | 06:51 PM

Well said, Rochester. I've been actively using the internet since the early 90's (i'm 35 and graduated h/s in '95) and i've seen alot of craziness on many forums over the years.

IMO, it can be a challenge for an admin (the sheriff) to make sure his/her mods (the deputies) aren't abusing their power. I've seen on other forums in the past how mods just ran amok and did whatever they wished, and would just ban whoever didn't bow down and worship them and lick their virtual boots.

One main reason i've stuck around here on Maxima.org is that this is a well behaved forum, compared to what else i've seen. And if it wasn't for the fact that I bought my Maxima for dirt cheap from my former dealership employer (it was a trade-in), I wouldn't even be here in the first place.
Old 05-11-2012 | 06:52 PM

So Mr. jackson... Looking at this pic,

Name:  DSCN1461.jpg
Views: 27
Size:  66.3 KB

The bottom left is the 6MT timing ring. Is this one just bolted to the flywheel too just like the 5MT? Or is it held on by welds?

If I were to still do the 5MT, I would have to adapt it to the 5MT flywheel by first removing the 5MT timing ring? Or does it get welded right on top of it?
Old 05-11-2012 | 06:53 PM

It's over a million views. The views don't stop just because it's locked
Ok I see that now.
Old 05-11-2012 | 06:58 PM

Actually just forget it. Not even gonna think about it. Too confusing. Clutch and flywheel coming in, hopefully picking up the tranny next weekend. Then all I need is shifter, cables, cable bracket, mounts, starter and axle.
Old 05-11-2012 | 07:01 PM

In da new thread.

Quick Reply: 5th gen Off Topic Thread (Official Ghustle thread v1)