5th Generation Maxima (2000-2003) Learn more about the 5th Generation Maxima, including the VQ30DE-K and VQ35DE engines.

5th gen Off Topic Thread (Official Ghustle thread v1)

Search this Thread

Old 05-24-2012 | 08:39 AM

Originally Posted by Clashez
Yeah.... thats kind of messed up to stup that low.
And? You talking trash about everyone else and their cars in here, and spending all this supposed money your supposed RHD-to-be Maxima isn't?

Sorry that I don't want your wife and her "slutty" friends crawling all over my "minty fresh" paint on my car.

Old 05-24-2012 | 08:41 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by Mr. Brett
And? You talking trash about everyone else and their cars in here, and spending all this supposed money your supposed RHD-to-be Maxima isn't?

Sorry that I don't want your wife and her "slutty" friends crawling all over my "minty fresh" paint on my car.

i just want Cletus to put up or :matt93se:
Old 05-24-2012 | 08:41 AM

Originally Posted by cjandura
See that Tuner you better go knock that off during your lunch break then snap to it no excuses
Actually, something that's interesting about this setup, is that a lot of the G coupe guys on coilovers will take their setup, and put the springs on the coilover shock, making it a true Macpherson-style setup.

It's odd looking, to say the least, to see the spring mounts sitting empty, but doing a true-style coilover in the rear end apparently increase oversteer a good bit, because doing so basically doubles the spring rate.
Old 05-24-2012 | 08:42 AM

i just want Cletus to put up or :matt93se:
Cj, I swear, I need to start keeping count of how many different names you have for our hypertense friend.
Old 05-24-2012 | 08:43 AM

cjandura currently has 18% of the posts here. No one else is even close to that.
Old 05-24-2012 | 08:43 AM

Sorry. I just woke up.

I had a momentary lapse of maturity.

I'll take the picture down and just stick to using other passive-aggressive means of humilitation.
its cool man... you said what u meant... unfortunately u wouldve got an *** whooping for it.... that somehow didnt sit well, but hey it wasnt about me so carry on
Old 05-24-2012 | 08:45 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by Grand_hustle17
How do you know???????????????????????/ because its SUPPOSE TO? because Another Car dynoed it?hing i kinda dont give 2 shyts about anymore... kinda never did
Cuz I have faith ... lol
Old 05-24-2012 | 08:45 AM
dot dot dot ...

Originally Posted by aackshun
"The Big D"

Don't you ever confuse that inferior town to a great city like Houston

#HoustonVSdallashate
I didn't ... Dallas is closer to me, hence my plans back in 06, H-town on the other hand, less likely I'll go.

Could the resonator thing be contributed to the fact that the larger size is not needed @ 3" or that the company Brian uses doesn't make the size he wants in 3"?
I was more stating the tip situation vs. the resonator. But if we're speaking from a scaling POV, then yes, the 3" should have been bigger. (resonator) It's basically the same exact body size as the 2.5" but with 3" piping (less resonating capability).

3rd gear is still terrrriiiiiibbbblllleeeee though.

Car is fcking flying till that shift into 3rd, then it's just making noise.

Shiidd before the 3" catback he was tied w/ my friends 08 Nismo.... until the auto's 3rd....

I bet with an extended red line though it'd be better cause you'd be in the better part of the powerband, more of the reason nmexmaxmanmanny needs to get to Maxus.
Yep, the extended rev limit is necessary with the 4AT.

Look at ths shti, its my 4th gen, but it's the same gear ratios as the 5.5 gen (not numerically, the FD changed in 2000 to accommodate the larger diameter wheel, hence resulting in the same overall gear ratios) This is the top of 2nd:

Name:  Image081.jpg
Views: 22
Size:  34.6 KB

HATE the 4AT.

Also, this is an old dyno of the 5.5 gen, but, I did a 2nd and 3rd gear run, for comparison reasons with respect to speed:

Name:  speedfrl.jpg
Views: 16
Size:  98.4 KB

Gives you an idea of what power is being made at the shift.
Old 05-24-2012 | 08:46 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by Rochester
cjandura currently has 18% of the posts here. No one else is even close to that.
work has been slow and the engineers/designers have been behaving latley no one sticking stray flash drives or trying to add unauthorized computers/devices on their systems
Old 05-24-2012 | 08:47 AM

its cool man... you said what u meant... unfortunately u wouldve got an *** whooping for it.... that somehow didnt sit well, but hey it wasnt about me so carry on
Hey, I took it back, and editted it for the sake of, well, becase I wouldn't want someone saying the same about my significant other in that sense. I editted it to be said in lighter, much less personal way.

But if you want to take it personally, fine. I don't understand why you're just now attacking me for it. That happened...almost a half-hour ago?

Let sleeping dogs lie, Denver. Let it go. It's done and over with. John made me realize what I did wrong.

It'll be alright.
Old 05-24-2012 | 08:47 AM
Banned

Cuz I have faith ... lol

Old 05-24-2012 | 08:48 AM

Originally Posted by ChrisMan287

Too domestic. They look out of place.

Hope ur not young
Old 05-24-2012 | 08:49 AM

Hope ur not young
Care much? Nope, not you. You're chillin.
Old 05-24-2012 | 08:50 AM

Cuz I have faith ... lol
well.. you said it....

iirc, Faith is the substance of things not seen but believe.... o.k if thats what it takes for you to be faster then im sure we are all faster than a veyron lls
Old 05-24-2012 | 08:51 AM
Banned

i have now witnessed the first sign of the Apocalypse!
Old 05-24-2012 | 08:52 AM

John made me realize what I did wrong.

It'll be alright.

Yep im very much so chilling
Hey, I took it back, and editted it for the sake of, well, becase I wouldn't want someone saying the same about my significant other in that sense. I editted it to be said in lighter, much less personal way.

But if you want to take it personally, fine. I don't understand why you're just now attacking me for it. That happened...almost a half-hour ago?

Let sleeping dogs lie, Denver. Let it go. It's done and over with. John made me realize what I did wrong.

It'll be alright.
john made u realize huh... john must be ur pappi huh lmao... i saw the edit and ud still get punched but i will let sleeping dogs lie....
Old 05-24-2012 | 08:53 AM

i have now witnessed the first sign of the Apocalypse!
Old 05-24-2012 | 08:55 AM

john made u realize huh... john must be ur pappi huh lmao...
It's epic how much you're not caring. That's so sweet.
Old 05-24-2012 | 08:57 AM
Banned

tuner did you have to pay some form of "Duty"or"Tax" on that package i sent you?oan how long does it take for paypal to verify a account i see the $1 they deposited and they say they have to withdraw the $1 wtf is that about?
Old 05-24-2012 | 08:59 AM

john made u realize huh... john must be ur pappi huh lmao... i saw the edit and ud still get punched but i will let sleeping dogs lie....

I'd just woken up. I'm grumpy when I first wake up; maybe I'm getting old. But I had a momentary lapse, because trying to read Clashez's posts is like waving a red flag in front of an angry bull to me at times. John corrected me.

But get punched because I refuse to let some guy's girls crawl all over my car?

Okay. Sorry to hear you're taking that comment so personally, man.

So if you went to a car show, and some chick came up and started crawling all over your car while her boyfriend was taking her pictures, and you didn't want that to happen, you'd expect to get punched by her boyfriend for telling her you wanted her kept off your car?
Old 05-24-2012 | 08:59 AM

i know... i really dont care... maybe our cultural barrier is causing the confusion... but this is me not giving a **** about (_________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ _______________) much
Old 05-24-2012 | 09:00 AM

AACKSHUN U Hungry??

[IMG]http://i610.photobucket.com/albums/tt186/cjandura/IMG_1390.jpg[IMG]
You bish

Now I am....

30 more mins to go....

But the G is made overseas, so

There's been a horrible trend lately (IMO) with exhaust tips. Tips that are exposed are almost always oval, and for no particular reason I can explain. And tips that are integrated into the rear bumper are invisible, with an awkwardly unbalanced opening surrounded in tacky, plastic chrome trim.

I weep for the design fail on details most consumers ignore, or are inexplicably impressed by because the bling is so obvious that it just must be good.

Which goes back to my point with hustler. If a small detail is obvious by intent, then it's tacky, and should be mocked.
It is... It is....

Hrmmm good insight... Now exhaust tips are going to be bothering me

Eventually lol I wanna do my mirrors and gas tank door first
Good. Good.

Do it before I take the plunge and attempt it myself.

Originally Posted by NmexMAX
I didn't ... Dallas is closer to me, hence my plans back in 06, H-town on the other hand, less likely I'll go.

I was more stating the tip situation vs. the resonator. But if we're speaking from a scaling POV, then yes, the 3" should have been bigger. (resonator) It's basically the same exact body size as the 2.5" but with 3" piping (less resonating capability).

Yep, the extended rev limit is necessary with the 4AT.

Look at ths shti, its my 4th gen, but it's the same gear ratios as the 5.5 gen (not numerically, the FD changed in 2000 to accommodate the larger diameter wheel, hence resulting in the same overall gear ratios) This is the top of 2nd:

[IMG]http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y124/nmexmax/Image081.jpg[IMG]

HATE the 4AT.

Also, this is an old dyno of the 5.5 gen, but, I did a 2nd and 3rd gear run, for comparison reasons with respect to speed:

[IMG]http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y124/nmexmax/speedfrl.jpg[IMG]

Gives you an idea of what power is being made at the shift.
Jesus..... Just extend 2nd gear to like 95-100mph and we're good then...

[IMG]http://www.studentsociety.eu/wp-content/uploads/2011/12/chinchillin4.jpg[IMG]
Old 05-24-2012 | 09:01 AM
Got Retrofit?

Hope ur not young

Old 05-24-2012 | 09:02 AM
Banned

I'd just woken up. I'm grumpy(constipation) when I first wake up; maybe I'm getting old(reality setting in). But I had a momentary lapse(got blasted last night listing to Pink Floyd), because trying to read Clashez's posts is like waving a red flag in front of an angry bull to me at times. John corrected me.

So if you went to a car show, and some chick came up and started crawling all over your car while her boyfriend was taking her pictures, and you didn't want that to happen, you'd expect to get punched by her boyfriend for telling her you wanted her kept off your car?
adjusted
Old 05-24-2012 | 09:03 AM
Got Retrofit?

There's a right way and a wrong way to say things. You should know that.

Good. Good. Do it before I take the plunge and attempt it myself.
You won't
Old 05-24-2012 | 09:04 AM

i know... i really dont care... maybe our cultural barrier is causing the confusion... but this is me not giving a ****
LOL! Yes, yes, Hustler. I'm fond of you as well. It wouldn't be the Org without you having a hissy fit, then flipping your wrist and sashaying away.

Why... you're a piece of Org history, you are.
Old 05-24-2012 | 09:04 AM

adjusted

Thank you. For that. I need to go find a paper towel now, so that I can clean up the coffee I spit out all over my keyboard.
Old 05-24-2012 | 09:05 AM

I'd just woken up. I'm grumpy when I first wake up; maybe I'm getting old. But I had a momentary lapse, because trying to read Clashez's posts is like waving a red flag in front of an angry bull to me at times. John corrected me.

the suitable response for "JOHN the law" is to say hell with it.. but because it is i will reply llamf...

has his wife ever come crawling on your car and him taking pics??? still a low blow... dont try to twist the reason why you said it... because im not buying that... that's like me saying hey brett i would let ur wife scuk my dcik but then twist it and say hey if there was a chick im atrracted to, give me that opportunity wouldnt you do it too... cmon man dont play innocent.... and yea i made my story extreme because for whatever reason thats how low it went to me... if u were really srry for the low blow you would erase the whole thing... be the bigger man... leave he mans wife out of it...
Old 05-24-2012 | 09:07 AM

There's a right way and a wrong way to say things. You should know that.
Which is why I went back and editted it to make it a less personal thing.

I took down the photo, and made it a universal jab (mock/joke/whatever you want to call it) that could be applied to anyone in any situation. Without being a direct attack.

It wasn't my intent for it to be taken so personally. I just went about cracking a joke in an improper way.
Old 05-24-2012 | 09:07 AM
Banned

I'm Slowly beginning to understand how Rochester is analyzing and experimenting on us for the research for his book.

Old 05-24-2012 | 09:08 AM

LOL! Yes, yes, Hustler. I'm fond of you as well. It wouldn't be the Org without you having a hissy fit, then flipping your wrist and sashaying away.

Why... you're a piece of Org history, you are.
(_________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ ______________________)
Old 05-24-2012 | 09:08 AM

"JOHN the law"
I better not be getting anything from you next valentine's day. Not sure how I would explain that to the wifey.
Old 05-24-2012 | 09:09 AM

the suitable response ...leave he mans wife out of it...
You know what? Fcck it. I'm just going to delete the whole thing.

Not that I agree or disagree with you, Denver.

I'm just getting a headache trying to read walls of text right now.

If I can avoid a wall of text, I'll do it.

We have an Enter key for a reason.

Old 05-24-2012 | 09:10 AM

This page =

This is Ghustling @ it's finest.
Banned

You bish

Now I am....

30 more mins to go....

It is... It is....

Hrmmm good insight... Now exhaust tips are going to be bothering me

Good. Good.

Do it before I take the plunge and attempt it myself.

Jesus..... Just extend 2nd gear to like 95-100mph and we're good then...

yes me son a nice grilled porterhouse slathered with a garlic herb butter with a side of onions n mushrooms panned in butter and seasalt

Actually, something that's interesting about this setup, is that a lot of the G coupe guys on coilovers will take their setup, and put the springs on the coilover shock, making it a true Macpherson-style setup.

It's odd looking, to say the least, to see the spring mounts sitting empty, but doing a true-style coilover in the rear end apparently increase oversteer a good bit, because doing so basically doubles the spring rate.
Yeah this isn't a good route for a DD, in my research. Most guys that run this replace the toe arm with a real toe arm...
(The G doubles the lower spring seat as a toe arm, it's adjustable)

Makes putting lowering springs/coilovers on the rear end a 15-20 minute job per side.
See that Tuner you better go knock that off during your lunch break then snap to it no excuses
While this sounds pretty, it's really not even close to that simple.

List of parts that need to be replaced to do the job properly:

2x Front Strut assemblies swapped to Coilover assemblies
2x Front Upper Control arms, swapped to Camber Adjustable Upper Control Arms
2x Rear spring assemblies and mounts swapped to Adjustable mount/collars and springs
2x Rear Shocks Swapped to Adjustable Struts
2x Rear Solid beams Swapped to Adjustable Camber Arms
2x Rear Toe Bolts Swapped to Cammed Toe Bolts

Then drop, raise it, a Rough Allignment set-up, height set up Drive, remove and Re-set Rear Dampers if needed. Then a proper allignment.

On top of this, you have to factor in a 10 year old car in Canada, and all the rust/seized components that come with it.

I'm Slowly beginning to understand how Rochester is analyzing and experimenting on us for the research for his book.
I like messing with my friends. That's all it is.

If I truly thought Huster was ever really, really mad at me, it would stop.
Old 05-24-2012 | 09:11 AM

Which is why I went back and editted it to make it a less personal thing.
that would be like michael vick making an animal cruelty joke............ at this point its best left unsaid at all....

Quick Reply: 5th gen Off Topic Thread (Official Ghustle thread v1)