5th Generation Maxima (2000-2003) Learn more about the 5th Generation Maxima, including the VQ30DE-K and VQ35DE engines.

Debadged and a question regarding the burger

Search this Thread

Old 07-22-2012, 02:16 PM

Debadged and a question regarding the burger

I debadged my 5th gen today and thought I'd share some pics
As I was searching the forums last night on what the best way to get them off I came across a comment that I found pretty funny. "Debadging is like circumcision, it should be the first thing you do." haha
So indeed that has been the first mod done to my Maxi and it was the first time attempting it. Cake walk.

Before and After

Close ups

And after and nice wash and wax!

Last edited by Shift_Burger; 07-22-2012 at 02:25 PM.
Old 07-22-2012, 02:18 PM

My question is how do I remove the back emblem? do I remove the gold and black piece or is just the gold off the black piece?
Old 07-22-2012, 09:04 PM

The hamburger is one piece and is held by two clips that go through the trunk lid. If you take it off you'll have two holes in the lid.

I debadged mine when I first got it left the burger in place.
Old 07-22-2012, 11:02 PM

Originally Posted by Derrick2k2SE
The hamburger is one piece and is held by two clips that go through the trunk lid. If you take it off you'll have two holes in the lid.

I debadged mine when I first got it left the burger in place.
Only reason I asked is because I either want to get chrome burgers or paint them black. Not a fan of the gold too much. I'm definitely keeping the burgers but I just wanted the Maxima, GLE, and dealership badges off the trunk.
Old 07-23-2012, 02:06 AM
Please. Call me John. I insist

Not my cup of tea but clean job!
Old 07-23-2012, 06:32 AM

Originally Posted by Shift_Burger
Only reason I asked is because I either want to get chrome burgers or paint them black. Not a fan of the gold too much. I'm definitely keeping the burgers but I just wanted the Maxima, GLE, and dealership badges off the trunk.
It can come off. if you pull the liner from the trunk lid you can get behind the burger. I think there are barrel clips holding it on. Black would be good. I agree that the gold just looks tacky and cheap.
Old 07-23-2012, 10:48 PM

Originally Posted by ColombianMax
Not my cup of tea but clean job!
Everyone is titled to their preference, that's what makes the Maxi forums so interesting. You never know what you'll come across! Thank you thought I spent a lot more time on that freaking dealership badge... holy crap that thing was so dirty.
Originally Posted by Derrick2k2SE
It can come off. if you pull the liner from the trunk lid you can get behind the burger. I think there are barrel clips holding it on. Black would be good. I agree that the gold just looks tacky and cheap.
I'm gonna give the black a whirl first and see how I like that. I'll be doing the burger on the grill as well. But I'm sure that will be just as easy to take off.
Old 07-24-2012, 08:07 AM
Newbie - Just Registered

Got my badges taken off right away because I didn't want the outline of the letters stuck on my paint.

Car looks so much cleaner without them!
Old 07-24-2012, 04:22 PM

Originally Posted by MaxTitan03
Got my badges taken off right away because I didn't want the outline of the letters stuck on my paint.

Car looks so much cleaner without them!
Same here and it came out great. Took a good amount of time but definitely worth and I absolutely love staring at her rear end now
Old 07-25-2012, 04:41 AM

i personally didnt like the look of debadging, i liked that my emblems were smoked. but as long as you like it
Old 07-25-2012, 10:39 AM

Originally Posted by phatboislim
i personally didnt like the look of debadging, i liked that my emblems were smoked. but as long as you like it
That looks good I can see it in your sig but the gold wasn't appealing and I think smoking them would be too much for a gold car. I'm having a lot of trouble with visual mods because I feel like I can't go flashy with this color.
Classy > Flashy is my opinion on this car. I'm taking the extra time to make sure everything is going to look 110% like it belongs on it.
Old 07-25-2012, 11:46 AM

Debadged cars are definitely easier to clean. But in the case where there are going to be holes, there's a limit as to how far you can go. Ya I would definitely change out the gold.
Old 07-25-2012, 08:35 PM

Originally Posted by jspagna
Debadged cars are definitely easier to clean. But in the case where there are going to be holes, there's a limit as to how far you can go. Ya I would definitely change out the gold.
That's the plan! Gonna be getting new wheels and tires, hids for headlights and fogs, and painting them burgers black!