5th Generation Maxima (2000-2003) Learn more about the 5th Generation Maxima, including the VQ30DE-K and VQ35DE engines.

Problem with acceleration MAF ?

Search this Thread

Old 07-31-2012, 05:36 PM

Problem with acceleration MAF ?

Hey guys, couple days ago my 2000 GLE (auto) started to have a hard time accelating when i step on it. I had code p0464 and i reseted it didnt come back.

I have red a couple threads with people who had very similar symtoms on theirs and a new MAF did the job.

I cleaned mine today and it didnt do anything to it, problem is still there.

I have also tried another fuel pump (although it was a used one) and no change.

Would i be needing a new MAF sensor? Or a new fuel pump?

Any suggestions would be appreciated
Old 08-01-2012, 09:04 AM

I understand this topic has been covered many times (MAF) as i been reading for countless hours on the problem, i tried ordering #226802Y001 from either JerryRome (MA) or the Texas location were Dave B used to work at and both of these dealers do not ship to Canada anymore.

Anyone knows about a dealer who could ship a OEM MAF to Canada? Up here price is 650$ which is ridiculous.

Thanks
Old 08-01-2012, 11:25 AM

I also had this same problem, car had no power, and kept jerking around whenever i stepped on it. Just got my new MAF today from Parts Source (or you could use Canadian Tire - Auto Parts). They'll give you a remanufactured MAF for around 340$, and 80$ back if you return your old broken one. Still expensive I know, but way better than that 600$ dealer garbage.

Some repair shops can ship them in for cheaper, but you might have to get them to install the part afterwards to use their prices.

Maybe you could also look for one in a scrapyard, who knows you could get lucky.

Good luck!
Old 08-01-2012, 12:56 PM

Originally Posted by viking89
I also had this same problem, car had no power, and kept jerking around whenever i stepped on it. Just got my new MAF today from Parts Source (or you could use Canadian Tire - Auto Parts). They'll give you a remanufactured MAF for around 340$, and 80$ back if you return your old broken one. Still expensive I know, but way better than that 600$ dealer garbage.

Some repair shops can ship them in for cheaper, but you might have to get them to install the part afterwards to use their prices.

Maybe you could also look for one in a scrapyard, who knows you could get lucky.

Good luck!
Thanks for your input. I pulled the trigger on one from Courtesy website for 124$ via DHL.

What are you results with the one you received today?
Old 08-02-2012, 05:46 AM

Since I put the new MAF in, the car runs as well as it did before. i also out a cold air intake on so it sounds extra mean, new muffler next week too!

it's funny how one part can completely throw off the car so hard

Posted from Maxima.org App for Android
Old 08-02-2012, 12:16 PM

Well glad you fot the power back on your baby.

Not sure why nobody inputs, either tired of the subject or...?

Now im praying on courtesy to ship, this whole situation is ruining my vacations lol
Old 08-02-2012, 07:30 PM

DONT DO THE REFURBISHED ONES! i got one from lordco (same people who refurbish for NAPA and other canadian auto parts stores) and it did not work! not once but twice! might have been just my luck, but i'd just find used or buy a new OEM. also, they had a hard time taking the faulty MAFS back, its an electrical part which most wont do returns on, because when you think about it, there is nothing stopping you from pulling out your old one and trying to return it. i was lucky because i have an account with them and work next door lol.

Last edited by user name001; 08-02-2012 at 07:32 PM.
Old 08-03-2012, 02:12 PM

Originally Posted by user name001
DONT DO THE REFURBISHED ONES! i got one from lordco (same people who refurbish for NAPA and other canadian auto parts stores) and it did not work! not once but twice! might have been just my luck, but i'd just find used or buy a new OEM. also, they had a hard time taking the faulty MAFS back, its an electrical part which most wont do returns on, because when you think about it, there is nothing stopping you from pulling out your old one and trying to return it. i was lucky because i have an account with them and work next door lol.
I believe Courtesy sells the OEM version?!

I find it very wierd that since i attempted to clean the MAF sensor (unplugged the negative on battery) clock doesnt appear and my odometer (trip counter) resets everytime i shut off the engine.

Any ideas as if this is related to my shot sensor?