5th Generation Maxima (2000-2003) Learn more about the 5th Generation Maxima, including the VQ30DE-K and VQ35DE engines.

love for 5th gen 5-spd

Search this Thread

Old 01-07-2002, 02:27 PM
Donating Maxima.org Member

love for 5th gen 5-spd

i'm sure this probably isn't a "necessary" post like a lot of the others you see on here, but i just wanted to say how jealous i am now by owning a 4th gen. after test driving a 5-spd 2000 over the break, i'm in love! i've got the intake/exhaust and suspension mods for my 4th gen and was still amazed. now, here's the question, considering i live in central illinois (i drove one across state), are finding manual 5th gens as hard as it is to find 4th??
Old 01-07-2002, 02:35 PM

Re: love for 5th gen 5-spd

YES....They are really tough to come by...I have been searching for a 5 speed...Tough to find...

Though, if you settle with an AutoMagic, it still is a marked improvement over the 4th gen auto...

Go with a stick!

Originally posted by JDM4LIFE
i'm sure this probably isn't a "necessary" post like a lot of the others you see on here, but i just wanted to say how jealous i am now by owning a 4th gen. after test driving a 5-spd 2000 over the break, i'm in love! i've got the intake/exhaust and suspension mods for my 4th gen and was still amazed. now, here's the question, considering i live in central illinois (i drove one across state), are finding manual 5th gens as hard as it is to find 4th??
Old 01-07-2002, 02:39 PM
Newbie - Just Registered

I actually had to order mine from the "factory" when the 2000's first came out. The dealerships only carried automatics. I can't imagine trying to find one now...
Old 01-07-2002, 02:46 PM

Originally posted by sno4rent
I can't imagine trying to find one now...
Tell me about it. I spent 4 months looking for one. From Kansas City to Chicago, no one had one. I ended up flying to New Jersey to get one from a fellow .org member.

That aside, if you want a manual, by all means, wait and find one. I absolutely love driving mine.
Old 01-07-2002, 02:53 PM

I'm selling my car. Want to buy it?
Old 01-07-2002, 02:59 PM

How much you asking?

Originally posted by maxse01
Old 01-07-2002, 07:47 PM
PhatGuy

Old 01-07-2002, 09:14 PM

As of two weeks ago, a local dealer here in Cincinnati still had a left over 2K1 Maxima SE 5-speed on the lot. It is black with black leather and loaded. I test drove this car before buying my 2K1 Sterling Mist SE 5-speed. I did not want another black car due to the upkeep required. It may still be on the lot but I haven't checked lately.
Old 01-07-2002, 09:16 PM

Originally posted by maxse01
Why are you selling your car? You've put alot of money in your car and it looks nice.
Old 01-07-2002, 09:33 PM

Originally posted by jkratzer

Why are you selling your car? You've put alot of money in your car and it looks nice.
jkratzer,
How much you paid for your AE body kit?
Old 01-07-2002, 09:42 PM

Originally posted by Deven2kStickMax

jkratzer,
How much you paid for your AE body kit?
Check your email.
Old 01-08-2002, 06:40 AM

I will sell it for 26 with everything in it, and 23 with it demodded back to stock.
Old 01-08-2002, 07:03 AM

Thanks. I have a pretty good deal on a supra that i don't want to miss out on. Plus, at this point in my life (only 21) i need a sports car.
Old 01-08-2002, 07:20 AM

01 SE 5-spd all options for sale

I'm selling my 01 SE 5 spd, it has all the options including heated leather seats, Bose, Moonroof, etc...It is Black/black with 10000 miles. It has a few mods like Xtreme white lights & fogs, and a FTSB. I purchased it in July 01 for 27000, I can sell for $22,900. If anyone is interested or want to see pics, please send email to sangha_jay@hotmail.com
Old 01-08-2002, 08:12 AM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

i love my 5 speed.....

I originally had a 5 speed sentra....till someone was nice enough to rear end me at a red light and total it out....so I ended up purchasing my dream car sooner than I liked.....

I bought my Max in April 2001 it was the only manual on the lot...but it wasn't silver nor was it the sky blue....it was tan..or what nissan calls sunlit sand...

I didn't really like the color at first cause it seems so damn conservative.....but with some tweaks to give it personality.....it will stop looking stuffy and begin to resemble the sexy piece of machinery that it is....

i love playing with my stick

i really like to start off in first and then pop it into second and making it dance like it has hydrolics (heheheheh)

nothin like passing an accord and showing off my tail either!!!

to all of you who have to be satisfied with automatics....don't cry ...I'll drive the hell outta my stick just for you!!!
Old 01-08-2002, 08:37 AM

Re: i love my 5 speed.....

I wonder what Dr Frued would have to say about this.....

Originally posted by thicknes

i love playing with my stick

i really like to start off in first and then pop it into second and making it dance like it has hydrolics (heheheheh)

nothin like passing an accord and showing off my tail either!!!

to all of you who have to be satisfied with automatics....don't cry ...I'll drive the hell outta my stick just for you!!!
Old 01-08-2002, 05:00 PM

I had a hard time finding a 5spd when I was looking at Maxs in the spring of 00. After looking at several dealers, I found my Super Black with tan leather and the coveted 5spd at the local dealer and test drove it. The 5spd is so much fun (fortunately my wife likes it too, her Xterra is 5spd). I think a short-throw shifter will make it even better. I think you will be able to find some 5spd 00 Maxs being turned in on leases or trade ins. Local prices in MD seem to hover around $18 for an SE.
Old 01-08-2002, 05:41 PM

I read that manual transmission Maximas make up only 3 percent of production. No wonder they are so rare. Better ****** one up when you can find it.
Old 01-08-2002, 06:40 PM

I read that manual transmission Maximas make up only 3 percent of production. No wonder they are so rare. Better ****** one up when you can find it.

The 5spd was supposed to be standard on GXE's with the slushbox as an option. I don't think I have ever seen a 5spd SE. Even now, 5spd 01s and 6spd 02s are hard to find at local dealers.
Old 01-08-2002, 06:44 PM

Originally posted by Rich5Spd2K

The 5spd was supposed to be standard on GXE's with the slushbox as an option. I don't think I have ever seen a 5spd SE. Even now, 5spd 01s and 6spd 02s are hard to find at local dealers.
i have a 5 speed se
Old 01-08-2002, 06:47 PM

Originally posted by Deven2kStickMax

i have a 5 speed se
My error. I meant GXE. I have a 5spd SE too.
Old 01-08-2002, 11:17 PM
Donating Maxima.org Member

what? i have a GXE!!
Old 01-09-2002, 07:24 AM

Re: Re: i love my 5 speed.....

Originally posted by Trev_Daddy
I wonder what Dr Frued would have to say about this.....

that I am a woman at peace with her self since I am no longer in denial about my love for my stick!!!
Old 01-09-2002, 07:26 AM

Re: Re: Re: i love my 5 speed.....

that I am a woman at peace with her self since I am no longer in denial about my love for my stick!!!
HAHA
Old 01-09-2002, 10:19 AM

now, here's the question, considering i live in central illinois (i drove one across state), are finding manual 5th gens as hard as it is to find 4th??
IT IS SOOO WORTH IT! I LOVE my 2k1 Manual SE. and I'm sure they're hard to find. I got the only one on the lot here in Columbus. I was talking to the guys in the shop after they'd detailed it, one had never seen one before, the other said that's only the second manual that dealership has ever sold since the 2k came out. And this is the biggest Nissan dealership in Ohio. I consider myself very lucky and urge you to keep looking for that rare 5-speed!

I can actually look at my car each day and feel like I'm driving this spiffy new car! I love my car!
Old 01-09-2002, 10:35 AM

Re: Re: Re: i love my 5 speed.....

Now that it something that every guy wants to hear!!!

Hmmm....How U doin??

Old 01-09-2002, 10:42 AM

Re: Re: Re: Re: i love my 5 speed.....

Originally posted by Trev_Daddy
Now that it something that every guy wants to hear!!!

Hmmm....How U doin??

ohhhhh you so nasty!!!
Old 01-09-2002, 01:57 PM

there is a 5-speed(used) for sale here in northern va at the local dealer in fairfax, 26K on the window, hehe.
Jason
Old 01-09-2002, 07:55 PM

5spd was standard on 2000-2001 GXE and SE. On 2k2, manual is avail. only in SE trim.
Old 01-09-2002, 09:49 PM

Hey I've got a black GXE 00 5spd too.Probably all here in Cali.
Old 01-10-2002, 07:14 AM

Originally posted by maddmaxx
Hey I've got a black GXE 00 5spd too.Probably all here in Cali.

5spd 2k GXE here, Maryland. I didn't really want to buy a new car, wanted to get a loaded 4th gen SE..but they had it advertised in a local paper, I came over, there was only one w/5spd, and he was letting it go for only $150 over invoice..sunlit sand is a fugly color, though..
Old 01-10-2002, 03:36 PM

Originally posted by Y2KMaxGXE-R

5spd 2k GXE here, Maryland. I didn't really want to buy a new car, wanted to get a loaded 4th gen SE..but they had it advertised in a local paper, I came over, there was only one w/5spd, and he was letting it go for only $150 over invoice..sunlit sand is a fugly color, though..

heyyyyyyy....my baby is sunlit sand....it's not fugly....it just has to grow on ya cause its so damn boring......it starts to look better once you add on ish to the body!!!!!

sniff sniff....fugly.......a maxima in ANY color is NEVER fugly!!!!
Old 01-10-2002, 07:02 PM

heyyyyyyy....my baby is sunlit sand....it's not fugly....it just has to grow on ya cause its so damn boring......it starts to look better once you add on ish to the body!!!!! sniff sniff....fugly.......a maxima in ANY color is NEVER fugly!!!!
LOL. right, you have no choice but to let it grow on ya...because there're still 3.5 yrs of payments left. I'd say if you add a nice tint and rims, the car will look OK. It is a bia** color to match when painting calipers, and I don't think clear corners would look as good as on white car.
Old 01-11-2002, 01:47 PM

my sunlit sand baby......

LOL. right, you have no choice but to let it grow on ya...because there're still 3.5 yrs of payments left. I'd say if you add a nice tint and rims, the car will look OK. It is a bia** color to match when painting calipers, and I don't think clear corners would look as good as on white car.
this is MY baby!!! gunmetal gray....yeah I know they are 15's but they were free so who cares!!!! it's what is in the engine that counts....vrrrooooooooommmmmmmmm!!!!!

] http://community.webshots.com/storag...BksmLZD_ph.jpg
Old 01-11-2002, 03:39 PM

smbyd give me free set LOL I pay for shipping
Old 01-11-2002, 05:46 PM
Mauja He Mauja

why do u all dislike the automagic sooo much?? what does everyone run races here?? i love the A/T. At least when i am in heavy traffic, i dont kill my calves with the clutch
Old 01-11-2002, 08:10 PM

Originally posted by dba1999us
why do u all dislike the automagic sooo much?? what does everyone run races here?? i love the A/T. At least when i am in heavy traffic, i dont kill my calves with the clutch
Manuals are for driving enthusiasts.

I don't dislike autos, but I prefer the manual, because I want to drive my car not be driven by it. I like rowing the gears and shifting when I want. If I want power, I hold each gear longer. If I want better mileage, I hold each gear for a shorter time. The manual driver is in control. Manual drivers can also make use of engine braking, which is non-existent in autos, by downshifting and causing less wear on the brake pads. As for wearing out your calves, the clutch in the Maxima is very light and does not wear out your calves even in stop and go traffic. I drove a 1995 Mustang GT before the Max and that car does have a heavy clutch that will tire your leg out but not the Maxima's.

If you like to drive get the manual. If you like to eat or talk on a cell phone while driving get the auto.
Old 01-11-2002, 09:18 PM

Manuals are for driving enthusiasts.If you like to drive get the manual. If you like to eat or talk on a cell phone while driving get the auto.
100% !!!!!
Old 01-12-2002, 05:21 AM

Manuals are for driving enthusiasts.
If you like to drive get the manual. If you like to eat or talk on a cell phone while driving get the auto.

you tell em boo!!!!

and defined calves are very sexy....no matter how you have to work to get them.....

and I have it on GOOD authority (as in any man that I have given the honor of sitting in my passenger seat while I work my stick)
that there is nothing sexier than watching a woman in a skirt pop the clutch, shift, downshift,etc, etc....the skirt has an annoying habit of slowing, slowly, slowly inching its way up!!!!

hows that for some early morning mental imagery!!!

I also HATE the sound of an automatic transmission attempting to shift into gear as some stupid *** man attempts to pass my Max....pitiful pitiful pitiful

nuthin' like a stick baby...only way to drive...nissandriven!!
Old 01-12-2002, 06:00 AM

5spd was standard on 2000-2001 GXE and SE. On 2k2, manual is avail. only in SE trim.
What do you mean by standard? According to my guy at Nissan, my car creates a crowd because they have never seen a 00' 5spd SE! I originally called months ago about the tsb on the 5spd's and he said he had not been aware because 5spd's were such a small part of production.

Quick Reply: love for 5th gen 5-spd