5th Generation Maxima (2000-2003) Learn more about the 5th Generation Maxima, including the VQ30DE-K and VQ35DE engines.

Wife damages my Maxima

Search this Thread

Old 01-07-2002, 06:14 PM

Wife damages my Maxima

I have tried to teach my wife how to open the door of my Maxima. Use the fob, so the keys don't scratch the car. OK, she learnt that piece. Then I said open the door lifting the door "handle" without scraping against the car. The recessed part of the door handle is FULL OF HER BLOODY FINGER NAIL MARKS. Can she not open the door without scraping those hard nails on the surface of my Maxima?
Sitting in the passenger seat she puts her stupid handbag between her knees and the dash. So the METALIC ZIP of her handbag scratched my dash. Is putting the handbag in the trunk so complicated?
All I ask is to enjoy my Maxima without others ruining it.
Old 01-07-2002, 06:21 PM

Re: Wife damages my Maxima

Originally posted by martinf
I have tried to teach my wife how to open the door of my Maxima. Use the fob, so the keys don't scratch the car. OK, she learnt that piece. Then I said open the door lifting the door "handle" without scraping against the car. The recessed part of the door handle is FULL OF HER BLOODY FINGER NAIL MARKS. Can she not open the door without scraping those hard nails on the surface of my Maxima?
Sitting in the passenger seat she puts her stupid handbag between her knees and the dash. So the METALIC ZIP of her handbag scratched my dash. Is putting the handbag in the trunk so complicated?
Old 01-07-2002, 06:36 PM

I don't think problems with your, for the time being, wife will be a long term issue. Just be more selective with the next one.
Old 01-07-2002, 06:44 PM
It's chrome alright...

Originally posted by brubenstein
I don't think problems with your, for the time being, wife will be a long term issue. Just be more selective with the next one.
you meant to be more selective with the next wife, not car, right?
Old 01-07-2002, 06:44 PM

Originally posted by brubenstein
Old 01-07-2002, 06:58 PM
Donating Maxima.org Member

Valium will fix it

If you can't train her...........
Old 01-07-2002, 07:15 PM

Originally posted by 2k2wannabe

you meant to be more selective with the next wife, not car, right?
Old 01-07-2002, 08:16 PM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

MAn, I know how you feel. The girlfriend just does not appreciate my car at all.
Old 01-07-2002, 08:19 PM

Scratch up her shoes. She'll learn...
Old 01-07-2002, 08:24 PM
Telus.net

Old 01-07-2002, 08:30 PM

Originally posted by 2k2se6spd
Hell with that, I once sold her jewelry and she asked me where it went, I said "maybe you lost it, or dont remember where you put it"

Dixit
Old 01-07-2002, 08:34 PM
Telus.net

Originally posted by BigDogJonx

Hell with that, I once sold her jewelry and she asked me where it went, I said "maybe you lost it, or dont remember where you put it"

Dixit

Old 01-07-2002, 08:34 PM
The silent but deadly Moderator

well..

my wife was like that.. but now she has a nicer car than mine (the pathfinder) and now she's very careful with both cars. I did more damage to mine unknowling scratching the leather on the streering wheel with a jacket zipper. cost to replace? $600!! the leather is part of the wheel
Old 01-07-2002, 09:07 PM

What's more important here. Wife or Maxima? Nevermind. I know.
Old 01-07-2002, 09:38 PM

try to get your wife to understand that you take a lot of effort to keep your max in good shape(if u havent already). If not...do what 2k26spse said. She might cry at first but she'll get the point. Glad my gf KIND of understands.
Old 01-07-2002, 10:33 PM

I swear some women just don't have a clue and they are so hard to train.

Like 2k2se6spd said, scratch her shoes. She'll understand that. Of course, that may be a good way to get yourself killed.
Old 01-07-2002, 10:40 PM

Originally posted by Telus.net
Awww come on fool, it aint like some people aint done somethings REMOTELY similar to that? Not like too many people will admit to it, however I will
Old 01-07-2002, 10:40 PM
Granny Driven

Others will never appriciate your hard work. My father allways does something stupid when he is close to my car. I got a restaining(??) order. 100 feet from my maxima.
Old 01-07-2002, 11:59 PM

Awww come on fool, it aint like some people aint done somethings REMOTELY similar to that? Not like too many people will admit to it, however I will
LOL thats F'ed up but funny.
Old 01-08-2002, 12:12 AM

Old 01-08-2002, 12:21 AM

Originally posted by K Pazzo 6
i THINK she actually knows I sold it, cause she keeps asking me, and I think with her "woman's intuition" she seems to think I "KNOW" something about where or what happened to it. I am TRRRRRRRRRRYING my hardest to not crack, so far been good for the past 2yrs.

It was only a freagin diamond ring that I BOUGHT for her and she never wore it, cause she said it would keep pulling threads out of her clothes when it came near lose threads. So I "RE-POED" it and sold it. Aint nothing wrong with that.

So what it was the "FIRST" ring I gave her, and it was the ring that celebrated our "FIRST" anniversary of being together, shietttttt, all I can say is SHE STOPPED WEARING IT.

So flame all you want, it went for a good cause, the MAXIMA FUND. Aint nothing wrong with that since it went for a good cause. I mean it is still "Bling Blinging" just in the shape of NICEEEEEEEEEEEE 17" Chrome Rims.

I know some of you peoples are REALLY REALLY thinking about what I said and considering going "Hunting" for "unused or not worn anymore" jewelry in your Significant Others Jewelry Box. All I can say is the words of my fellow friend who said it so Well, Chris Rock said "I UNDERSTAND"

Dixit
Old 01-08-2002, 09:08 AM

It is crazy how most women (notice I said most) have no consideration when it comes to vehicles. Key scratches and nail marks abound around my wife's SUV door handle! That is why I don't let her drive my Max (well only on rare occassions)! I very rarely drive her SUV but I will never forget getting into it several years ago - we were flying down a connector road to the interstate and I hit a red light - I had to stand (and I mean stand with both feet on the brake pedal) to get the thing to stop! After turning several shades of red/purple, I managed to ask her is she noticed anything wrong with her brakes - she replied - no - they were always like that! Well, needless to say, when we got home, I inspected them to find that all four pads were worn down to the backing plates (the warning clips had burned away long ago) and all four rotors were scored beyond belief! The vehicle only had 12,000 miles on it (didn't even make it to its first inspection) and needed four new rotors and all new pads! I have never seen anyone beat the sh*t out of a vehicle like her!
Old 01-08-2002, 11:47 AM

After reading all about the wife/girlfriend problems with
damaging the car, I think THEY should be put in the trunk!
Old 01-08-2002, 12:11 PM

I feel all of the pain here.

I was on vacation and my mom decided to try out my max to compare it to her Benz. somehow in the starbucks parking lot she managed to get a golfball size dent in the middle of the hood and she has no idea how it happened. Her story maintains that she left and it was fine and came back with a dent but nothing happened... Chris is right Most women just don't pay attention to those little details.
Old 01-08-2002, 12:32 PM
Newbie - Just Registered

First of all, I would put my foot down on that. Either tell her to respect your posessions beacause you paid a lot for that car, or simple enough, just get rid of her. After I got rid of her, I would sew her and get money for the damages. Make sure you get estimates first. Then, I would get her out of my life and find a new. there are many fish left in the sea.
Old 01-08-2002, 01:05 PM

Re: Re: Wife damages my Maxima

Originally posted by baugs112
First of all, I would put my foot down on that. Either tell her to respect your posessions beacause you paid a lot for that car, or simple enough, just get rid of her. After I got rid of her, I would sew her and get money for the damages. Make sure you get estimates first. Then, I would get her out of my life and find a new. there are many fish left in the sea.
That has to be the dumbest thing I have heard. Getting rid of a wife because she scratches the car.... wow.. and they chivalry is dead.
Old 01-08-2002, 01:47 PM

Yep

How about this one....

Do you have people that feel there is enough room to cross their legs in the front seat? My GF and my brother always does this and is drives me crazy! Is there that much room there that it signals the brain to think they are sitting in a love seat!?

How about people that lay large heavy pointy objects on the leather seat! Then when you pick that item up you find out that you have depressions in the leather that last for weeks!
Old 01-08-2002, 02:12 PM

Throw her makeup away...She'll understand what is important

Old 01-08-2002, 02:13 PM

Oh my lord...that is funny!!!!

Dixit
Old 01-08-2002, 02:24 PM

damn i must be lucky my gf is never like that, she always puts her bag on the floor next to her feet. and always seems to be really careful with everything in the car. but my MOM different story
Old 01-08-2002, 02:27 PM
STFU n00b!

It's a wonder you guys ever conned a woman into dating/marrying you.
Old 01-08-2002, 02:32 PM

Tsk, tsk...look like we have communication problems here. You know, communication is the essence behind a successful marriage (and training). j/k
Old 05-01-2002, 11:26 PM

you got wifes, well im 16 and i got a sister. I like the restraining order idea. god i am thinking about carrying the face plate everywhere with me. and do you know what i caught her doing... SHE HAD HER FOOT ON THE FRONT FENDER, TIEING HER SHOE!!!!!!!!!! I almost smacked her for that one but she ran away. then if she drives it she adjusts it, cmon, im 6'3 dont screw with my stuff, its a bastard to get in with the seat to the wheel. then every morning when i take her to school i sit in the car for 5 or 10 mins (have nothing better to do) and she slams the door shut, i yell at her every time, and she leaves her trash. the one thing she does listen to for the most part is the no putting makeup on in the car.

in the end i get her back, i throw her against the doors and seats around turns and man is riding with me a ride, but i need a much tighter suspension,something like my moms outback.

ah just letting you know what i have to go through. i constantly worry about my leather and paint too, but damnit, her whole shoe on the hood thing really ****ed me off!!!

dont worry, we dont need a consoler, they just wouldnt understand, unless they owned a maxima.
MrGone
Old 05-01-2002, 11:53 PM

Tell your wife this (it worked for me). Every time you find a new scratch, she owes you one hour of special attention towards Russel the love muscle. And if that doesn't work. The finger her until she is about to go. Then STOP and say you have a cramp in your finger. It works for other things too.
Old 05-02-2002, 06:00 AM

OMG

Originally posted by 20th maxstyle
Tell your wife this (it worked for me). Every time you find a new scratch, she owes you one hour of special attention towards Russel the love muscle. And if that doesn't work. The finger her until she is about to go. Then STOP and say you have a cramp in your finger. It works for other things too.

who are you kidding one hour, more like 120 seconds.

As to the original poster, if your wife didn't have bamboo shoots for finger nails it wouldn't be a problem.

As to the guy who said to get rid of her and sue, Jesus H boy, obviously you have never had any of the sacred spot, that thing will make you lose your mind. It is very powerful and is not easily discarded.

Dixit, your repo story is a classic, the flip side is even worse. One day my wife's engagement ring was really catching my eye, well it turns out that ***** had taken it back to the jewelers and had upsized to one about double the price. Well luckily she is gone now and I rarely ever have to deal with her.

Moral of the story is you all know we are the freaks, and we are proud, but the other 95% of the people in this world will never understand the sacred org.
Old 05-02-2002, 06:15 AM

I'm sittin here laughin at ya a$$ cause you are sooo right

get her a SMALL purse cause most of the crap in a purse is just that..crap

or you could always "accidently" soak her favorite leather heels in some water...and then clip her nails while she is asleep

you may not be married the next day but your car will fare better

and tell her a WOMAN told you to do it...no Max deserves that type of unecessary abuse
Old 05-02-2002, 06:29 AM

This is a friggin HILARIOUS thread man.. and I thought I was ****...

Anyway I used to have problems like you guys do, but I have trained my woman well. After seeing how **** I am about my car and seeing how crazy I get flipping out about the smallest things, she's scared to even get in my car! Today, she didn't seat a coke quite right in the drink holder, and when I parked I noticed a bunch of droplets of coke on my center console and shift boot. I spent about 5 minutes individually dabbing the droplets out of the cracks of my console, all the while she was apologizing profusely. I almost felt bad about it. ALMOST

Well after she bought a car she loved as much as I love my max, she's become a whole lot more considerate of my car hehehe.

BTW: don't give your valet key to valets, they have a bad habit of missing the keyhole
Old 05-02-2002, 06:31 AM

MAn, I know how you feel. The girlfriend just does not appreciate my car at all.
The ladies just don't understand.
Old 05-02-2002, 06:35 AM

Originally posted by thicknes

I'm sittin here laughin at ya a$$ cause you are sooo right

get her a SMALL purse cause most of the crap in a purse is just that..crap

or you could always "accidently" soak her favorite leather heels in some water...and then clip her nails while she is asleep

you may not be married the next day but your car will fare better

and tell her a WOMAN told you to do it...no Max deserves that type of unecessary abuse
Thicknes -

You are one cool woman...You enjoy driving the Max hard (and then give us far too much detail in your post yesterday ) AND you can admit that most of the stuff in a woman's purse is crap! If I had a dime for everytime I've argued with a woman over the gym bags they call purses, I would be wealthy!
Old 05-02-2002, 06:43 AM

Originally posted by MS 2K1 AE

Thicknes -

You are one cool woman...You enjoy driving the Max hard (and then give us far too much detail in your post yesterday ) AND you can admit that most of the stuff in a woman's purse is crap! If I had a dime for everytime I've argued with a woman over the gym bags they call purses, I would be wealthy!

thicknes <------ takes a bow!!
why thank you a friend of mine keeps telling me that I was a guy in a past life cause my interests are sooo unusual for a woman....but once again...too know me is to love me....

and you KNOW you creamed the first time you heard the car growl with the CAI installed...IM NOT THE ONLY ONE!! LOL

i still believe that every passenger should be strip searched before they are allowed anywhere near my car...is that wrong?? hehehee

Quick Reply: Wife damages my Maxima