5th Generation Maxima (2000-2003) Learn more about the 5th Generation Maxima, including the VQ30DE-K and VQ35DE engines.

Doing/did a few of the mods many people are asking about.....

Search this Thread

Old 01-24-2013, 03:54 PM

Doing/did a few of the mods many people are asking about.....

So I am in the process of restoring my love for my my 00 Maxima Se. I always liked it but it started getting old and clunky and shifting crappy so I was letting it sorta die off while still keeping up with all the regular maintenance. I decided a few weeks ago to attempt to breathe a little life into my car again so that I may love it for another 50-60k. I already had a new battery and ram style air filter setup....so the first thing was figuring out my transmission/engine noise..

TO ALL 00 MAXIMA OWNERS THAT HAVE:
-Rattling/buzzing dashboards
-Auto trans that shifts fine in some gears and hesitates in others (also noisy)
-Noisy engine bay...(like overly loud intake noise, clunking, buzzing)

I fixed all of this with new motor mounts. Other than repairing my bad driver side hub, this was the most dramatic change in a car ive ever seen/felt before. It literally shaves 10 years off your cars life. I did the Ebay motor mounts pack of 4 DEA Manual style for 93.00 shipped. They do work on the auto, you just have to get an Auto transmission mount at autozone etc....so if you can...try to find a 3pack on ebay. I think they have just motor mount packages..but anyway. As I type this my car is getting new lower control arms and new tie rod ends. This should fully tighten up the clunkiness that I guess is typical for a car with 171k on it. Early next week Ill be putting on a Warpspeed test pipe, and a mandrel bend stainless b pipe. I took my factory muffler down which is still rock solid except a flange repair I had to do. I sanded it and hit it with two coats of black high temp paint. Rebuffed the stainless tip too. Thing looks aftermarket now. My goal with the exhaust is a quiet rumble and a blast at WOT...which is exactly what I think ill have after deleting a cat and the stock b pipe. Part of the kit will be a Greddy Evo style muffler..but I suspect that would be offensively loud with only precats after the engine. Sanded and blacked out my OEM grille too...looks sick! More updates later.
Old 01-24-2013, 04:36 PM

Originally Posted by 2kMaxim
So I am in the process of restoring my love for my my 00 Maxima Se. I always liked it but it started getting old and clunky and shifting crappy so I was letting it sorta die off while still keeping up with all the regular maintenance. I decided a few weeks ago to attempt to breathe a little life into my car again so that I may love it for another 50-60k. I already had a new battery and ram style air filter setup....so the first thing was figuring out my transmission/engine noise..

TO ALL 00 MAXIMA OWNERS THAT HAVE:
-Rattling/buzzing dashboards
-Auto trans that shifts fine in some gears and hesitates in others (also noisy)
-Noisy engine bay...(like overly loud intake noise, clunking, buzzing)

I fixed all of this with new motor mounts. Other than repairing my bad driver side hub, this was the most dramatic change in a car ive ever seen/felt before. It literally shaves 10 years off your cars life. I did the Ebay motor mounts pack of 4 DEA Manual style for 93.00 shipped. They do work on the auto, you just have to get an Auto transmission mount at autozone etc....so if you can...try to find a 3pack on ebay. I think they have just motor mount packages..but anyway. As I type this my car is getting new lower control arms and new tie rod ends. This should fully tighten up the clunkiness that I guess is typical for a car with 171k on it. Early next week Ill be putting on a Warpspeed test pipe, and a mandrel bend stainless b pipe. I took my factory muffler down which is still rock solid except a flange repair I had to do. I sanded it and hit it with two coats of black high temp paint. Rebuffed the stainless tip too. Thing looks aftermarket now. My goal with the exhaust is a quiet rumble and a blast at WOT...which is exactly what I think ill have after deleting a cat and the stock b pipe. Part of the kit will be a Greddy Evo style muffler..but I suspect that would be offensively loud with only precats after the engine. Sanded and blacked out my OEM grille too...looks sick! More updates later.
Go easy on the eBay mounts. Mine lasted less than a year before I went with ES bushings in the manual mounts.
Old 01-24-2013, 05:58 PM

Originally Posted by luvlexus101
Go easy on the eBay mounts. Mine lasted less than a year before I went with ES bushings in the manual mounts.
Meh....I want less vibration...not more
Old 01-25-2013, 09:48 AM

Originally Posted by 2kMaxim
Meh....I want less vibration...not more
yeah but maybe he means use oem.

Nice work man, its really nice doing all those little things that add up over the years.
Old 01-25-2013, 10:39 AM

Heck yeah! I know what he means...I'm just being a wisea$$ All I need is to have the car last me another year or two or 50k miles and ill be happy. Mounts should last me that long I would think.... Most importantly its restored my affection for the car which is key. I cant wait to delete the cat and get some extra breathing/tone from my pipes!