5th Generation Maxima (2000-2003) Learn more about the 5th Generation Maxima, including the VQ30DE-K and VQ35DE engines.

Vacuum line help.

Search this Thread

Old 01-25-2013, 11:08 AM

Vacuum line help.

Well I have searched for 24 hrs and no answers. So, can someone please send me a picture of the vacuum tubes on a 2000. I had a nissan tech supposedly changing my spark plugs while I was working and this guy couldn't get the job done without pulling off my IM and TB what was he thinking? Now I need to know how the hoses go back on. I have a weapon r dragon intake. I have most of the hoses hooked together but there are three that do not have a place to go to. I am so glad I found the IAv Learning procedure. I did not think you had to do all of that cause the spark plugs are right there. Help me please. If you are in ATLANTA, and know what to do let me know if we can work something out. PM me if necessary.....Thanks yall.

Does any of this look right?

Take notice of the bottom right that is another hose without a home.

Last edited by Slow Motion; 01-25-2013 at 11:13 AM.
Old 01-25-2013, 12:20 PM
dot dot dot ...

Apparently never let a Nissan Tech work on your car.

You try the FSM for any help? http://www.nicoclub.com/FSM/maxima/

1.) DEK's don't require the removal of the IM, as it seems you know this.
2.) If you're going to remove it, tape/label each line. FMFS.
3.) If you find one in that area that looks like the bottom picture, leave it DC'd, it's the tranny breather hose, since I see you have an AT.

Name:  DSCN7762.jpg
Views: 14747
Size:  170.5 KB
Old 01-25-2013, 12:35 PM

"Apparently never let a Nissan Tech work on your car." Apparently so, I have looked at the fsm, several diagrams, and still it doesn't add up. I bought the car use and apparently when I replaced the tranny the hose wasn't present. I just recently noticed a place to attach the hose. The problem I am having is just making sure that the hoses are in there proper location.

I can't seem to figure out where these other hoses are suppose to link up to. I am not sure if blocking them off would be ok. Had I went ahead and did the job myself the hoses would never had to come off but, if I was going to change the gaskets, of course they would have been labled and a pictures taken for reference.
Old 01-25-2013, 02:47 PM

Originally Posted by Slow Motion

The hose you marked with red goes to the stock air intake, along with the 1 inch hose from the valve cover and another small hose.

I don't know what the purpose it serves but I would suggest you figure out a way to hook it up.

Old 01-25-2013, 09:36 PM

Could it be that I have the swirl valve connected improperly then?
Old 01-25-2013, 10:04 PM

I am a dumb ars....i need to eliminate the hose I have in red. It was part of another UIM i have. I bet he got confused and thought it should go on there ultimately confusing the chit out of me. Now just need to properly connect the swirl valve and by process of elimination the other hose would go on the only available port.

So if that red hose is suppose to go to the intake, then the hose on the swirl valve should take its place therefore leaving the second hose only one choice which is the swirl valve position.
Old 01-26-2013, 11:05 AM

I don't understand what you are trying to say.

My stock air intake has 3 hoses attached to it. The big 1 inch from the valve cover, the hose we have been using red on and a hose from the swirl valve solenoid. On the 1st & 3rd photos you posted, you can see the valve cover breather hose and the swirl valve solenoid hose.

The swirl valve solenoid hose is connected to your CAI (?) tube right next to the WR on the label with a long loop of hose (you ought to shorten it just to make it look pretty).

The hose in red belongs on the car, it is not an extra hose. You don't wan't to eliminate it until you are sure that what ever it does has been compensated for. Since your CAI (?) tube only has provisions for 2 hoses instead of 3, you should get a Tee fitting in order to connect it.
Old 01-27-2013, 10:19 AM

Originally Posted by DennisMik
I don't understand what you are trying to say.

My stock air intake has 3 hoses attached to it. The big 1 inch from the valve cover, the hose we have been using red on and a hose from the swirl valve solenoid. On the 1st & 3rd photos you posted, you can see the valve cover breather hose and the swirl valve solenoid hose.

The swirl valve solenoid hose is connected to your CAI (?) tube right next to the WR on the label with a long loop of hose (you ought to shorten it just to make it look pretty).

The hose in red belongs on the car, it is not an extra hose. You don't wan't to eliminate it until you are sure that what ever it does has been compensated for. Since your CAI (?) tube only has provisions for 2 hoses instead of 3, you should get a Tee fitting in order to connect it.
Dennis, you are right. What happened is that I should not let a nisan tech work on my car. I went to look at a stock '00 max to figure out what was done wrong and why I could figure it out. There wound up being extra hoses that should not have been there. I got a replacement for the hose in red and connected it to my existing t-fitting and got rid of the excess hose which created another opening for proper placement of the hoses. I will put up pictures for future reference. I started the car up no leaks. I have to get a re learn with a consult ii cause the relearn didnt take without it. Thanks for responding and the help.
Old 01-27-2013, 01:07 PM
Newbie - Just Registered

I don't think the problem here is that you let a "Nissan Tech" work on your car... I think the REAL problem here is that he CLAIMED to BE a Nissan Tech.

The first issue I see is the lack of a control solenoid for the swirl valve. up on the top of the manifold is the power valve. the solenoid on it is the control for that power valve (black plug on the front at the mass of vac lines). Right next to the solenoid SHOULD be another solenoid with a brown plug. THAT solenoid is the swirl control solenoid (which I don't see there in place at all).

The line that is marked red (nearest I can tell) is actually the hose that goes to the opposite side of the engine bay, to the air control valve for the power steering... That line should run to the intake anywhere in front of the TB.