5th Generation Maxima (2000-2003) Learn more about the 5th Generation Maxima, including the VQ30DE-K and VQ35DE engines.

Aftermarket part availability

Search this Thread

Old 06-15-2013, 12:32 PM
Newbie - Just Registered

Aftermarket part availability

Hey guys,

I just finally registered here but I've been using this forum for years. It's great and you all have a ton of awesome knowledge. Anyways I used to own a 02 SE max. I bought it in 04 and at that time there was a ton of aftermarket support for the car. I had an injen CAI, Stillen headers and a Cattman full cat back exhaust. Also got the Stillen front lip and had katzkin custom leather interior to match the stone and grey interior of my glacier pearl whit max.

Well sadly in April that car was totaled, but by shear luck Once I got a 7k check from insurance I found an amazing grey 04 I35 one owner with only 18k miles on it! Fully loaded with every option minus Nav, I picked it up for 12 flat. I could not believe it. The car is immaculate.

So now that the background info is done, I got the bug to start modifying again and to my dismay nothing is made anymore?!! The Cattman site doesn't even work and Stillen doesn't make a thing anymore? I'm so pissed I couldn't remove all my parts off the totaled max but the insurance company would not allow it. So my question is where can I get quality parts now a days? I was able to find a Berk intake on Craigslist and put that on, and added the cattman rear sway bar and STB, but what about the other stuff? All there is, is crap eBay OBX headers and fart can exhausts? Does anyone know how I can get my hands on 5.5 gen Cattman headers and exhaust? Or Stillen headers? Anything like that? Please help. I see the Megan exhaust pretty much mimics the Cattman, and it's half the price I paid in 04, but does it sound the same? Or have the same quality as Cattman? I don't want a loud @ss rice boy exhaust. I loved the subtle rumble of the Cattman. If you guys know people with used stuff let me know. Thanks guys. Power to the 5.5 gen. Best looking max/I35 ever!!
Old 06-15-2013, 12:39 PM

Try courtesyparts.com. This is a Nissan dealer in Texas that sells OEM parts but also offers some upgrade parts from Nismo. Also rockauto.com is pretty good, though I don't know if they offer upgrade parts.
Old 06-15-2013, 12:54 PM
Newbie - Just Registered

Yea I've used Courtesy for years, and West Covina Nissan AKA "The Nismo Shop" both to no avail. I'll try the other one. My guess is due to the limited run of our cars (2 years for max 3 for infiniti) they didn't have enough volume to justify continuing to make them. My hope was that someone had Cattman or Stillen headers they didn't want anymore. That's the main thing I want. I've heard to many bad things about the OBX's. Firment issues mainly, nothing lining up, CEL lights triggering. You name it. Def not what I want.
Old 06-15-2013, 01:13 PM
Banned

Cattman is still around give him a call.look in the classified section on the forum also look in the group deal section for custom parts.dont get the megan they suck!
Old 06-15-2013, 01:29 PM
Newbie - Just Registered

Originally Posted by cjandura
Cattman is still around give him a call.look in the classified section on the forum also look in the group deal section for custom parts.dont get the megan they suck!
Thanks, I will do that for sure! So the Megan is crap huh? That's what I was afraid of, I was slightly hopeful cause the design was a replica of the Cattman. What's wrong with them? Just horrible sound etc? Is the SR-S one that's available as well just as crappy as the Megan? Thanks for your help.
Old 06-15-2013, 01:41 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by 04Italian35

Thanks, I will do that for sure! So the Megan is crap huh? That's what I was afraid of, I was slightly hopeful cause the design was a replica of the Cattman. What's wrong with them? Just horrible sound etc? Is the SR-S one that's available as well just as crappy as the Megan? Thanks for your help.
Megan is loud i had 5 sets dont ask why.and a few members as well as myself used them the drone is killer.srs is worse! Look in the classifieds also stay away from jmautomotive vendor hes a drop shipper.
Old 06-15-2013, 02:46 PM
Newbie - Just Registered

Thanks man, will do.. Unfortunately I guess I'm just at the mercy of guys wanting to get rid of their stuff. I'm glad you told me this cause I was really considering the Megan. Maybe I can call up Cattman or Stillen and beg them to make me some. Lol

Anyone ever used the pretty much only performance Y-pipe that's on eBay? If I can't get good headers I'll prob just do the Y, but once again, no more Cattman or even warpspeed. Just crappy eBay knock offs.
Old 06-15-2013, 04:20 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by 04Italian35
Thanks man, will do.. Unfortunately I guess I'm just at the mercy of guys wanting to get rid of their stuff. I'm glad you told me this cause I was really considering the Megan. Maybe I can call up Cattman or Stillen and beg them to make me some. Lol

Anyone ever used the pretty much only performance Y-pipe that's on eBay? If I can't get good headers I'll prob just do the Y, but once again, no more Cattman or even warpspeed. Just crappy eBay knock offs.
Warpspeed makes a SS Y pipe
Old 06-15-2013, 04:21 PM
Banned

Cattman and warp are still around and have regular production so call them