5th Generation Maxima (2000-2003) Learn more about the 5th Generation Maxima, including the VQ30DE-K and VQ35DE engines.

Who here has the Maxima car cover?

Search this Thread

Old 01-17-2002, 08:45 AM

Who here has the Maxima car cover?

since have to friggin have to park outside where i live, i'm thinking about buying the Maxima car cover for $70 or however much it costs, i'm wondering about the quality of it compared to other ones like from saddleman.com. good, bad, or adequate enough? thanks for the info, appreciate it!
Old 01-17-2002, 09:36 AM

I was considering a cover a while back, but decided that I didn't want to go through the procedure everyday. I'm guessing that they're all about the same as long as it's not the WalMart brand. It's like with the bras/nosemasks, it they ruin the car then people aren't going to be buying them. The thing to be careful is taking it off/on and securring it with the lock system. I hear that the lock is th thing to worry about scratching your car.
Old 01-17-2002, 10:23 AM

Originally posted by djmaxski
I was considering a cover a while back, but decided that I didn't want to go through the procedure everyday. I'm guessing that they're all about the same as long as it's not the WalMart brand. It's like with the bras/nosemasks, it they ruin the car then people aren't going to be buying them. The thing to be careful is taking it off/on and securring it with the lock system. I hear that the lock is th thing to worry about scratching your car.
thanks for the insight.. i keep thinking that it's terribly bad to park the max outside, especially at night when it's cold and there's condensation all over the place.. should i be worried about rust or any of that crap.
Old 01-17-2002, 11:04 AM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

I have a good car cover that I bought years ago from Beverly Hills Car Covers for my ‘91SE that has held up well and still fits my ‘00 GLE. I use it when I have to park in the hot California sun. I crack two windows a bit to keep the inside temperature within reason. I felt-penned my license plate number on the sides, so I don't bother with the lock, it just takes too long to put on and take off. I would never, however, use it overnight where condensation may dry with the next day's sun. I don't think that's good for the paint.
Old 01-17-2002, 11:26 AM

Originally posted by Magellan
I have a good car cover that I bought years ago from Beverly Hills Car Covers for my ‘91SE that has held up well and still fits my ‘00 GLE. I use it when I have to park in the hot California sun. I crack two windows a bit to keep the inside temperature within reason. I felt-penned my license plate number on the sides, so I don't bother with the lock, it just takes too long to put on and take off. I would never, however, use it overnight where condensation may dry with the next day's sun. I don't think that's good for the paint.
thats a good point.. so even with the car cover on, condensation would still form inside and on the car?
Old 01-17-2002, 12:43 PM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

Originally posted by drudawg888

thats a good point.. so even with the car cover on, condensation would still form inside and on the car?
The condensation could soak through to the car under certain conditions. Then drying by the sun would do harm to the painted surfaces. That's why I'm a sun user only. In the days when I had to park outside overnight, I just kept a good coat of wax on, and washed the car regularly.
Old 01-17-2002, 02:29 PM

I have the maxima car cover (2002) and I haven't used it yet but i tried it out for fit and it fits the car perfectly and the lock has black wire that doesn't seen like it will strach the car but i would probably wrap mine in tape just in case.