5th Generation Maxima (2000-2003) Learn more about the 5th Generation Maxima, including the VQ30DE-K and VQ35DE engines.

Code P0507, New TB and IACV!

Search this Thread

Old 06-18-2014, 11:52 AM

Code P0507, New TB and IACV!

Cleaned my throttle body and code P0507 came on idles at 900 rpm.
I did the idle air relearn procedure, service light went off rpm's dropped to 700 but after shutting off the car and starting it again service light came back on with same code and high rpm's.

I read a lot of forums about this problem... I guess I should have had someone step on the gas pedal instead of forcing the TB open by hand which I read could possibly break the spring unit in the TB itself. And using less cleaner and a day to dry could have possibly helped too.

Now... I'm going to buy a New Throttle Body with the IACV, but my questions is what manufacturer should I go with.

Should I get the OEM Hitachi TB or go with an aftermarket like Standard Motor Products TB??

If anyone bought a new throttle body recently which one did you get and how is it working out?
Old 06-26-2014, 10:00 AM

Fixed!

Just incase someone had the same issue with code P0507 this is how I fixed it.

1. I disconnected the batter for 2 days drawing all the power source from the ECM.

2. I bought a new OEM Hitachi Throttle Body and Felpro gasket and installed them.

3. I reconnected the battery and started the car.

4. Let the car idle out, it will take about ten minutes because the computer is re-learning but it will idle where you want it at 600 RPM's with all accessories off.
Old 06-26-2014, 10:35 AM

p0507

P0507:Idle speed controlsystem RPM higher than expected
Possible causes:Electric throttle control actuator
Intake air leak

VQ35DE: Has an electronic throttle, the way to clean it , with a clean rug, mildly soaked with cleaner and wipe the outside not touching or moving the butterfly.
Once moved , the ideal way is to reset it thru consult II of Nissan dealership
or do it yourself by performing the throttle relearn procedure.
If failed to reset, you need a new throttle assembly. Do not buy the oem throttle at nissan stealership because the only available for 5th generation is a remanufactured one. I highly recommend the NWP 75 mm wide bore throttle body because this is a brand new hitachi.

http://www.nwpengineering.com/

Last edited by colt149; 06-26-2014 at 10:37 AM.
Old 06-26-2014, 10:59 AM

Originally Posted by colt149
P0507:Idle speed controlsystem RPM higher than expected
Possible causes:Electric throttle control actuator
Intake air leak

VQ35DE: Has an electronic throttle, the way to clean it , with a clean rug, mildly soaked with cleaner and wipe the outside not touching or moving the butterfly.
Once moved , the ideal way is to reset it thru consult II of Nissan dealership
or do it yourself by performing the throttle relearn procedure.
If failed to reset, you need a new throttle assembly. Do not buy the oem throttle at nissan stealership because the only available for 5th generation is a remanufactured one. I highly recommend the NWP 75 mm wide bore throttle body because this is a brand new hitachi.

http://www.nwpengineering.com/
Ive seen this and been debating on getting it for some time, will this attach to a stock intake system, or do you have to modify it with couplers?
Old 06-26-2014, 03:06 PM

No modification same as stock . The only thing is to apply a thin coat of silicone grease on the rubber to easily slide it on the mouth of the throttle body

Last edited by colt149; 06-26-2014 at 03:14 PM.
Old 06-26-2014, 03:48 PM

Wow, I've never bothered to look in this section of the forum until I bought a 2001 Max. What were these guys on back then? IACs frying ECMs, cleaning TBs messes them up...Never heard any of this on the 4th gen forums.
I was going to suggest unhooking your batt, per instructions found here: http://forums.maxima.org/5th-generat...00-2001-a.html
Might not have needed to replace the TB.
Old 06-26-2014, 04:12 PM

NOTE: If DTC P0507 is displayed with other DTC, first perform the trouble diagnosis for the other DTC.

The ECM controls the engine idle speed to a specified level through the fine adjustment of the air, which is let into the intake manifold, by operating the electric throttle control actuator. The operating of the throttle valve is varied to allow for optimum control of the engine idling speed. The crankshaft position sensor (POS) detects the actual engine speed and sends a signal to the ECM.

The ECM controls the electric throttle control actuator so that the engine speed coincides with the target value memorized in the ECM. The target engine speed is the lowest speed at which the engine can operate steadily. The optimum value stored in the ECM is determined by taking into consideration various engine conditions, such as during warming up, deceleration, and engine load (air conditioner, power steering and cooling fan operation, etc.).

On Board Diagnosis Logic

DTC Confirmation Procedure

NOTE:

• If "DTC Confirmation Procedure" has been previously conducted, always turn ignition switch "OFF" and wait at least 10 seconds before conducting the next test.
  • If the target idle speed is out of the specified value, perform "Idle Air Volume Learning", Idle Air Volume Learning , before conducting "DTC Confirmation Procedure". For the target idle speed, refer to the "Service Data and Specifications (SDS)".
TESTING CONDITION:

• Before performing the following procedure, confirm that battery voltage is more than 11 V at idle.
  • Always perform the test at a temperature above -10 °C (14 °F) .
WITH CONSULT-II

1. Open engine hood.
  2. Start engine and warm it up to normal operating temperature.
  3. Turn ignition switch "OFF" and wait at least 10 seconds .

1. Turn ignition switch "ON" again and select "DATA MONITOR" mode with CONSULT-II.
  2. Start engine and run it for at least 1 minute at idle speed.
  3. If 1st trip DTC is detected, go to "Diagnostic Procedure".

WITH GST
Follow the procedure "With CONSULT-II" above.

Step 1 - 2
Old 06-26-2014, 04:14 PM

If that doesn't work Spray ether around intake tubing to check for leak
Old 06-26-2014, 04:53 PM

couldnt you have someone mash the throttle with the KOEO and wipe around in the TB?