5th Generation Maxima (2000-2003) Learn more about the 5th Generation Maxima, including the VQ30DE-K and VQ35DE engines.

tein ss vs street advance

Search this Thread

Old 09-08-2014, 10:36 AM

tein ss vs street advance

I researched this exclusively a few years ago and decided on the tein ss over the Bc's. Shortly after I lost my job so never ended up ordering them. Well I'm ready again but now the street advance versions are out but you can still find the ss as well.

now I know the street advance are supposed to be better and i read teins site extensively on the differences but just because they say they are better doesn't mean they are.

For real world true feedback I only trust the org. So do any currently have the tein street advance? Have you had the ss or ever rode in someone's max that did?

I've already decided on the tein regardless and will be getting the edfc as well. So not trying to turn this into another bc vs jic vs tein "are coil overs as comfortable as stock" etc etc type thread so w all do respect please only tein ss vs tein street advanced comments.

thank you in advance to all that comment and help.
Old 09-08-2014, 11:29 AM

Originally Posted by 2k0to2k3
I researched this exclusively a few years ago and decided on the tein ss over the Bc's. Shortly after I lost my job so never ended up ordering them. Well I'm ready again but now the street advance versions are out but you can still find the ss as well.

now I know the street advance are supposed to be better and i read teins site extensively on the differences but just because they say they are better doesn't mean they are.

For real world true feedback I only trust the org. So do any currently have the tein street advance? Have you had the ss or ever rode in someone's max that did?

I've already decided on the tein regardless and will be getting the edfc as well. So not trying to turn this into another bc vs jic vs tein "are coil overs as comfortable as stock" etc etc type thread so w all do respect please only tein ss vs tein street advanced comments.

thank you in advance to all that comment and help.
over the past 4 months on the FB group there has been over 10 situations where Teins have snapped either the lower mounts or where the threaded part of the shaft goes thrue your oem mount this is because there are NO More Pillow ball mounts for our cars from tein so we have to use oem mounts which have a 12mm shaft vs. the 17mm shaft the older pillow ***** had
Old 09-08-2014, 12:27 PM

Originally Posted by The_Fixer
over the past 4 months on the FB group there has been over 10 situations where Teins have snapped either the lower mounts or where the threaded part of the shaft goes thrue your oem mount this is because there are NO More Pillow ball mounts for our cars from tein so we have to use oem mounts which have a 12mm shaft vs. the 17mm shaft the older pillow ***** had
Wow I have never heard of this but thanks for the info. My understanding was the pillow mounts were never offered from tein for our cars. And that pillow mounts are for camber adjustment which is only a factor when your super low which I will not be doing. Also that pillow mount are know to make lots of noise.

There aren't many threads on the street advanced but literally hundreds on the ss and from many different car manufacturers not just nissans. I have never read about them snapping though. Maybe it's the street advance newer ones that are snapping? Idk but Def looking into that now. Thanks again
Old 09-08-2014, 01:05 PM

Well I google searched but only found 1 thread pertaining to a tein basic set breaking. Also went on fb and looked through a few maxima groups but nothing about them snapping. What fb group was the one you were referring to? I really want to research this. Thanks again
Old 09-08-2014, 05:04 PM

My5thGen group.and yes pillow *****/camber plates came with Tein SS coilovers.infact one issue just happened 2weeks ago
Old 09-08-2014, 09:59 PM

Pillow ball mounts were only sold as an option on the Tein SS, as the same on the street advance. The standard set requires that you use the stock top hats and mounts, which is what gives you the better ride and less noise. You will find hardly anything but good reviews on tein in this forum, which is why I have a set of Tein SA waiting to be installed on my car
Old 09-09-2014, 04:31 AM

Originally Posted by Govols83
Pillow ball mounts were only sold as an option on the Tein SS, as the same on the street advance. The standard set requires that you use the stock top hats and mounts, which is what gives you the better ride and less noise. You will find hardly anything but good reviews on tein in this forum, which is why I have a set of Tein SA waiting to be installed on my car
^^ This about sums it up, you had to go out of your way to get pillow ball mounts.
Old 09-09-2014, 08:18 AM

But what about snapping? I sent a request to be a member of the my 5th gen group on fb but awaiting approval.

From my understanding the pillow mount made lots of noise and the fact that tein used stock mounts is what made them so comfortable. I'm not racing and the drop is purely for cosmetics. I'm on h&r now with Illuminas with 245 35 19s just tired of the horrible ride.

My original post was just for experience in the tein street advance coil overs. otherwise I have read countless threads on the tein ss and how amazing they are. But Surprisingly never came across this snapping phenomena. is this isolated to just tein or all coil overs? Is this a problem with all models or just the newer tein street advance?