5th Generation Maxima (2000-2003) Learn more about the 5th Generation Maxima, including the VQ30DE-K and VQ35DE engines.

Where's everyone from?

Search this Thread

Old 04-30-2015, 07:47 PM
Newbie - Just Registered

Where's everyone from?

I'm in Knoxville, Tn! I'm looking to see if there is a Maxima only group that meets up locally here! If not looking into starting one. Was apart of one a few years ago for 1st gen Tiburon owners an we met weekly to hang out work on our cars, go to car shows and etc.! If y'all are interested let me know! Will create name with logo and stickers so everyone knows who we are! Look forward to meeting new people and making local friends who love their cars!

Attached Thumbnails Where's everyone from?-image.jpg  
Old 04-30-2015, 08:16 PM

Avon, Co

I am going to be in Nashville for a night next Saturday ;D

Driving from Fl to CO
Old 04-30-2015, 08:40 PM

I'm in Indy. Not too far!
Old 05-01-2015, 03:02 PM
Newbie - Just Registered

Originally Posted by hez8813
Avon, Co

I am going to be in Nashville for a night next Saturday ;D

Driving from Fl to CO
I'm happy to see interest! If people are down we can make a first meet up if U will be in Nashville for the night we can find a place not too far from there to do a first meet up and talk about ways to bring more interested people in! It will be the 9th right? But if anyone is interested on getting more info on the plans I already have just ask or pm me and I'll get right back to u!
Old 05-01-2015, 03:03 PM

Rust belt
Old 05-04-2015, 09:22 AM
Newbie - Just Registered

Originally Posted by Jstew865
I'm in Knoxville, Tn!
Adamsville, TN (2.5 Hrs South of Nashville)
Old 05-04-2015, 10:12 AM

Originally Posted by Jstew865
I'm happy to see interest! If people are down we can make a first meet up if U will be in Nashville for the night we can find a place not too far from there to do a first meet up and talk about ways to bring more interested people in! It will be the 9th right? But if anyone is interested on getting more info on the plans I already have just ask or pm me and I'll get right back to u!
I am going to be in Nashville friday night or saturday night, going to be at a hotel.

I have to replace a bearing and a back plate on my tranny so hopefully it is done by wednesday so I can start heading down that way. If yall want to meet up that would be cool

Last edited by hez8813; 05-04-2015 at 10:14 AM.
Old 05-09-2015, 12:39 PM
Newbie - Just Registered

First time meetup

Hey guys was gunna try and do a meet-up today but have gotten tied up with work. I am wanting to do it next week maybe Friday or Saturday. Let me know what will work best for y'all. Willing to do it in Nashville or just outside of Nashville as I see a few of y'all are out there. Just will need confirmation before I drive out there. So let me know. Have already started looking into car meets we can go to and have talked to a local owner of a sonic who is willing to let us use his parking lot as a steady meet up place. So let me know either way
Old 05-09-2015, 12:41 PM

I would have met up with you guys. My road trip got canceled though, I need to rebuild or swap my transmission. Great start to just starting my ownership of my maxima....sigh..... another 2000 down the pisser
Old 05-09-2015, 01:18 PM

Originally Posted by hez8813
I would have met up with you guys. My road trip got canceled though, I need to rebuild or swap my transmission. Great start to just starting my ownership of my maxima....sigh..... another 2000 down the pisser
wow what happened?
Old 05-09-2015, 01:27 PM

Originally Posted by george__
wow what happened?
Ah, the infamous George_ , I was wondering when you would come in to comment. For the entire time I bought it which was a month ago. I've been lurking reading countless threads in here about this car and some of you are very knowledgeable about this car. I learned a lot about the 5th gen. So I've seen your past comments how you been having trouble as well and your dislike for the maxima

Bought the car in April 6, from Florida Never drove it and still havent I'm from colorado. transferred money to my dad to buy car. Might have been my fault I didn't check it out but my dad said it's good. Didn't take to mechanic, my fault again because I got blinded by how clean the car was inside and out. Engine looked from factory ( I have pics in a thread I made). Car started leaking one day and took to a shop. Mechanic opened tranny said someone put a blocker or something to make it not leak and it broke through that. Bad input shift seal bearing and back plate. Basically I flew home to get this car and couldn't drive it back which was my plan. Wasted money on trip and now more maintenance cost. Oh well , I'm hoping it will be perfect after tths. Crossing my fingers....
Old 05-09-2015, 01:34 PM

^
Damn! I'm sorry to hear that.

That a-hole seller has karma coming!
Old 05-09-2015, 05:49 PM

@hez8813 sorry to hear that bro, I hope you get er up and running soon. You'll love it after.

MD btw..
Old 05-09-2015, 07:43 PM
Newbie - Just Registered

Sorry to hear that. Hopefully Ull get her up and running and enjoy her as much as I have! Everyone who is available in/near Knox should meet me Friday night(5/15) at the sonic on kingston pike in west Knoxville. I will be up there from prolly 8-10. Pm and let me know if u can make it!

Last edited by Jstew865; 05-10-2015 at 03:45 AM.