5th Generation Maxima (2000-2003) Learn more about the 5th Generation Maxima, including the VQ30DE-K and VQ35DE engines.

Remote window opening

Search this Thread

Old 01-26-2002, 11:12 PM
Donating Maxima.org Member

Remote window opening

What is the simplest and/or best way to get the remotely open the car's windows for a 00 SE? I miss that feature from my 97 maxima and it is now available again with the 2002. Is there a particular aftermarket product that the members recommend?

y
Old 01-26-2002, 11:16 PM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

Re: Remote window opening

Originally posted by y sleep
What is the simplest and/or best way to get the remotely open the car's windows for a 00 SE? I miss that feature from my 97 maxima and it is now available again with the 2002. Is there a particular aftermarket product that the members recommend?

y
The best way is to have it installed with your aftermarket alarm.

I dont think our stock remote has a 3rd channel for it to listen to if you say "held down the unlock" button.

But with an aftermarket alarm or even a simple keyless entry remote with an optional channel you can easily do it by buying a window roll down module. They cost about $25 to control 2windows.

Dixit
Old 01-26-2002, 11:25 PM

Re: Re: Remote window opening

Thanks for the prompt answer. So I would have to put in an aftermarket alarm. I was concerned that would screw up the factory alarm. I'll ccheck around some local shops about the keyless entry devices.
Old 01-26-2002, 11:32 PM

Re: Re: Re: Remote window opening

Thanks for the prompt answer. So I would have to put in an aftermarket alarm. I was concerned that would screw up the factory alarm. I'll ccheck around some local shops about the keyless entry devices.
It wont screw up the factory alarm, as long as you install the aftermarket alarm or have it installed correctly. Cause most advanced alarms have a wire that goes over and "tells" the factory alarm to disarm so you dont run into double arming issues.

Dixit
Old 01-28-2002, 12:02 PM

Re: Re: Re: Re: Remote window opening

Thanks, I've just read and seen horror stories of aftermarket installations causing problems. I'll get something put in. Any recomm
endations on brands? I'll do a search.

Originally posted by BigDogJonx

It wont screw up the factory alarm, as long as you install the aftermarket alarm or have it installed correctly. Cause most advanced alarms have a wire that goes over and "tells" the factory alarm to disarm so you dont run into double arming issues.

Dixit
Old 01-28-2002, 12:07 PM

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Remote window opening

Thanks, I've just read and seen horror stories of aftermarket installations causing problems. I'll get something put in. Any recomm
endations on brands? I'll do a search.

Well the best aftermarket alarms are the vipers and cliffords. Everyone can testify to that. And I believe Tweeter stores do a rack of installs on them. Dont know about Circuit City or BestBuy doing Viper or Clifford alarms.

Dixit