5th Generation Maxima (2000-2003) Learn more about the 5th Generation Maxima, including the VQ30DE-K and VQ35DE engines.

I emailed KYB about AGX....

Search this Thread

Old 01-28-2002, 01:20 PM

I emailed KYB about AGX....

...and they replied that there are no plans for making the AGX for 5th gen maxes(prolly not news to most). So what options are there aside from Koni, which seems too complicated with the inserts, etc., and tokico which i don't like. I really wanted adjustability. I remember reading something about Cattman Performance modifying 4th gen AGX shock/struts to fit 5th gen. Whats the deal with that? I am assuming that the factory warantee is nullified, which makes me skeptical.

I need shocks/struts so i can put on my H&R's already. It seems that the tires provide too much grip for the chassis to handle.
Old 01-28-2002, 01:24 PM
Member who somehow became The President of The SE-L Club

Re: I emailed KYB about AGX....

Originally posted by StrongIsleMax
[BI remember reading something about Cattman Performance modifying 4th gen AGX shock/struts to fit 5th gen. Whats the deal with that? I am assuming that the factory warantee is nullified, which makes me skeptical.
[/B]
e-mail Cattman Performance about the warrantee issue. Thats a good point. It's also your only way of getting the AGX's on your 5th gen.
Old 01-28-2002, 02:05 PM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

Cattman stands behind his products even if he modified them. They are soon to be released in about a couple of weeks according to Brian Catts.

I would not worry about the warranty issue, I know he will warranty them himself if that is the issue.

I am dying to have them myself, but I am only going to get them when my stock struts go bad. No point in putting them in now, my struts seem fine. Until they crack or start leaking, i aint buying. But with the way I been driving lately, they gonna die in a couple of months.

Dixit