5th Generation Maxima (2000-2003) Learn more about the 5th Generation Maxima, including the VQ30DE-K and VQ35DE engines.

People still sleep on the maxima.

Search this Thread

Old 05-21-2016, 10:38 PM

People still sleep on the maxima.

Got a chance to finally line up with my bros new 2012 bmw coupe 335xi His car is bone stock 6speed and has newer twin-scroll single turbo. I expected to lose bad since these cars are doing mid 13's in the 1/4 but i guess that's because the awd launch.
3rd gear rolls is how we raced from 45-50ish mph. Every time it was the same dead even for a second and then i was creepin past him and then really walking him on gear changes(hes no rookie) and was past his front bumper by the time we were hitting 120mph. Couldn't beleive it! After we pulled into the gas station hes all worked up talking jb4 tuners and downpipe and all that i just laughed and gave him the credit that from a dig i was not even worthy competition. Anyways i just had to brag somewhere. he wouldnt listen to it for more than 15 seconds lol. Its funny when i drive his car it feels faster but we think its just because of the huge torque band the turbo engine has. 300 ft/lbs@1700rpm is awesome from light to light especially when your wheels dont slip. I always hated how useless first gear is in the maxima.

Last edited by MuskokaMaxima; 05-21-2016 at 10:49 PM.
Old 05-22-2016, 07:29 AM

Originally Posted by MuskokaMaxima
Got a chance to finally line up with my bros new 2012 bmw coupe 335xi His car is bone stock 6speed and has newer twin-scroll single turbo. I expected to lose bad since these cars are doing mid 13's in the 1/4 but i guess that's because the awd launch.
3rd gear rolls is how we raced from 45-50ish mph. Every time it was the same dead even for a second and then i was creepin past him and then really walking him on gear changes(hes no rookie) and was past his front bumper by the time we were hitting 120mph. Couldn't beleive it! After we pulled into the gas station hes all worked up talking jb4 tuners and downpipe and all that i just laughed and gave him the credit that from a dig i was not even worthy competition. Anyways i just had to brag somewhere. he wouldnt listen to it for more than 15 seconds lol. Its funny when i drive his car it feels faster but we think its just because of the huge torque band the turbo engine has. 300 ft/lbs@1700rpm is awesome from light to light especially when your wheels dont slip. I always hated how useless first gear is in the maxima.
Lol....good work.

What do you have....headers, etc.?

?
Old 05-22-2016, 10:19 AM

You could've killed somebody going 120 mph on public streets. WTF is wrong with you? Cough up the money and take that sh^t to the track.
Old 05-22-2016, 11:14 AM

Killed someone? Who myself? Idk what kind of fast and furious visual you have in your head but i dont live in a populated area traffic is non existant up here on a weeknight. Thanks for your concern but i know when its time to have some fun and when it isnt. I dont go racing through traffic like these ****s you see plastered all over youtube. If anyone were to crash it would only be me and my bro involved and maybe a spectating deer in the woods lol.

Anyways mods are intakebop test pipe and 3" cattman. Just your basic stuff man nothing crazy. The engine is just healthy.safc2 installed but nothing has been done with it yet. Obx headers next week!

Last edited by MuskokaMaxima; 05-22-2016 at 11:16 AM.
Old 05-22-2016, 01:56 PM

Race Race Race

Then hit a rat bird squirrel or curb and die
Old 05-22-2016, 07:06 PM

I'm lucky I live down a 1+ mile long straight private rd. Its where I goof off.
Our cars are surprisingly quick once there are moving. Its our out of the hole that kills us.
Old 05-22-2016, 09:26 PM

Very nice, I wouldn't have expected you to keep up with it either. Good to know
Old 05-22-2016, 10:04 PM
Bad *** Newb

No, you should definitely race from a dig just to watch him break his pos BMW. The axles are garbage, cost hundreds and require special tools to replace. DO IT! lol. **** BMW.
Old 05-23-2016, 12:36 PM

Originally Posted by MuskokaMaxima
Killed someone? Who myself? Idk what kind of fast and furious visual you have in your head but i dont live in a populated area traffic is non existant up here on a weeknight. Thanks for your concern but i know when its time to have some fun and when it isnt. I dont go racing through traffic like these ****s you see plastered all over youtube. If anyone were to crash it would only be me and my bro involved and maybe a spectating deer in the woods lol.

Anyways mods are intakebop test pipe and 3" cattman. Just your basic stuff man nothing crazy. The engine is just healthy.safc2 installed but nothing has been done with it yet. Obx headers next week!
Idk why some of these people get so worked up on "street racing", while you are clearly racing on the highway (less chance of crashing). I got bashed on a few threads for posting about racing, nice kill though! I once owned an 03 gle and boy do i miss that vq35! Even though i love my 2000. Lol
Old 05-24-2016, 08:05 AM

some of us own private roads.