5th Generation Maxima (2000-2003) Learn more about the 5th Generation Maxima, including the VQ30DE-K and VQ35DE engines.

Nissan Value Advantage cv axles

Search this Thread

Old 01-20-2017, 06:09 PM

Originally Posted by 03VQMAX
Rebuild ones are US made, some use dampers and some dont.
You mean the people rebuilding them are in the US, right? I'm pretty sure they don't replace the CV joints as part of the process. If the joints are visibly damaged, they just toss it out and go to the next one. Or, if you're unlucky, they re-lube, replace the boots and sell it to you as remanufactured. What's the worst that can happen? You put it on, it's noisy, and you take it back to the store. They even recover their boots when you do that. No skin off their nose...
Old 01-25-2017, 06:54 AM

wonder what brands "good" independent garages use, when they don't want "come backs"
Old 03-01-2017, 06:56 PM

Originally Posted by sanford7575
Now that it's getting cold in Philly,
Isnt this where Cardone is based in Philly? Maybe theyd be open to some constructive criticism?
Old 11-15-2017, 08:22 AM

Bumping this up, Nissan just sold it's Last OEM axle, and it's no longer available. Nissan Value advantage is available and they DO bring the vibration damper. I will be ordering the pair soon.
bring? where do they bring it to?
Old 11-15-2017, 12:14 PM

You may not have seen it, but there was a follow up to this post a while back confirming that the Nissan Value Advantage axles DO NOT HAVE THE VIBRATION DAMPENER. I can confirm this first hand as I had them installed on both driver's and passenger's side last year, but later removed both due to sever vibration and noise on acceleration and when hitting any type of bump in the road. In addition, when I removed them from my vehicle after 6 months of use, they were absolutely toast. Very loose, clacking horribly when shaken, ect. The bottom line on this one is to stay far away from Nissan Value Advantage axles. They are not worth the cost and headache! I've done the job like 7x now, and I have settled on used OEMs from Ebay and having to deal with a bit of noise on hard acceleration.
Old 11-15-2017, 01:20 PM

The value advantage line from Nissan is all Chinese stuff FYI.
Where did you get this info? Or are you assuming? I am only asking since I spoke with a Nissan parts rep today who told me the Nissan Value Advantage stuff is made in the US.
Old 11-16-2017, 12:01 PM

The Nissan Value Advantage stuff is definitely made in China. I speak from experience.
I've found that most parts reps don't know anything, especially the guys at NissanPartsDeal online! The bottom line on this one is to stay far away from Nissan Value Advantage axles! They are the same as the aftermarket crap, at double the cost! I can't stress this enough. The best option is to find a good condition used OEM from a wreck or Ebay.
Old 11-16-2017, 02:49 PM

Originally Posted by chrisduke
Where did you get this info? Or are you assuming? I am only asking since I spoke with a Nissan parts rep today who told me the Nissan Value Advantage stuff is made in the US.
I know a parts manager at a Nissan dealership close to US headquarters. It DOES NOT actually have the damper and it's chinese/taiwan stuff.
Old 11-16-2017, 03:18 PM
Addicted to the Org

What are your thoughts on the best replacements for the 6spd?
Old 11-17-2017, 07:07 PM

Originally Posted by maximized98
What are your thoughts on the best replacements for the 6spd?
Napa Reman