5th Generation Maxima (2000-2003) Learn more about the 5th Generation Maxima, including the VQ30DE-K and VQ35DE engines.

Why is this taking so long...

Search this Thread

Old 01-31-2002, 01:26 PM

Why is this taking so long...

Hi Guys, about 3 weeks ago I bought a PowerTech racing muffler, just like the one BigDogJonx have, so I paid everything in advance by MO. Last week-end weeks, since nothing was arrive yet I sended an e-mail and Bryan said it was shipped like 3 weeks ago by USPS ( US Postal Service ) he charge me 30$US to ship it from Florida to Montreal.

After 2 weeks prior to purchase, I sended him an e-mail to have a waybill #, he replyed saying he didn't took note of it or lost it, I felt like I was scr*wed, but Bryan was nice all the time responding to my mail in a short time. I figured out that it might be longer than expected, so I decided to wait another week and since nothing again, so next monday it is going to be a month that I'm waiting, on the other hand I ordered the Berk Tech Intake from cobymoby and it took like 3 days to arrive here by USPS from CA to MTL, so WTF is going on ? Do you guys think I was sc*ewed up or should I be more patient.

For me it's not the money, 100$ for me is nothing but it is more like the principle of someone trying to F*** me because I'm far away, so before jumping the gun and get a flight to go knock at his door, do you guys have any suggestion ?

Thanks for helping.

Cheers

DoubleA
Old 01-31-2002, 06:09 PM

I don't know a month is a really long time escpecially if it was shipped a month ago. sounds kinda fishy to me you should of gone ups so u can track it maybe you can call the postal service for info
Old 01-31-2002, 08:39 PM

Ask for a refund.....
Old 01-31-2002, 08:48 PM
Donating Maxima.org Member

FYI, this is not me Bryan, but some other Bryan in Florida. Sorry to hear about your situation. THis kind of thing has happened before to me. Usually it finally takes me threatening them with legal action if they don't ship. Good luck.
Old 02-01-2002, 05:00 AM

Originally posted by zman187
I don't know a month is a really long time escpecially if it was shipped a month ago. sounds kinda fishy to me you should of gone ups so u can track it maybe you can call the postal service for info
Hey zman187, the most ironic is at first I asked the guys to ship on my Fedex account and he said and I quote " I tried to get it sent however have had no luck " WTF is that mean, is this so difficult to call 1-800-go-fedex and ask them to pick up something ??? If he doesn't respond to my mail my lawyer is going to nail him anyway.

Honesty is a vertu... Is that right ?

Cheers
AA
Old 02-01-2002, 05:06 AM

Originally posted by cobymoby
FYI, this is not me Bryan, but some other Bryan in Florida. Sorry to hear about your situation. THis kind of thing has happened before to me. Usually it finally takes me threatening them with legal action if they don't ship. Good luck.
Hey Bryan, I was making reference to you as an honest man who did what he promess.

Thank Bryan, it's good to have others opinions, cuz I was ready to jump the gun, get a flight ticket and go kick his a$$, when you see a 6'5" man weighing 280lbs at you door maybe you give him the damn muffler.

Cheers bros.

AA
Old 02-01-2002, 05:22 AM
Mauja He Mauja

Re: Why is this taking so long...

? Do you guys think I was sc*ewed up or should I be more patient.

For me it's not the money, 100$ for me is nothing but it is more like the principle of someone trying to F*** me because I'm far away, so before jumping the gun and get a flight to go knock at his door, do you guys have any suggestion ?

Thanks for helping.

Cheers

DoubleA [/B][/QUOTE]

Dude u should take a deep breath. Myself, along with others here have bought a muffler from Bryan. I paid through PAYPAL three weeks ago and finally got it the night i was installing the BERKINTAKE. He did ship by UPS. So it took about 2 and a half weeks, thats is after i PAYPAL'd the $. I seriuosly doubt that Bryan will try and sc rew you, over a dual tip muffler. Give him some more time. If it's okay with you, i can email him and find out whats going on?

let me know. but either way, i think you will receive it soon.

By the way the about mentioned BRYAN is not COBYMOBY or BERK. The BRYAN mentioned above is an e-bay seller
Old 02-01-2002, 05:31 AM

Re: Re: Why is this taking so long...

Originally posted by dba1999us
? Do you guys think I was sc*ewed up or should I be more patient.

Thanks for helping.

Cheers

DoubleA
Dude u should take a deep breath. Myself, along with others here have bought a muffler from Bryan. I paid through PAYPAL three weeks ago and finally got it the night i was installing the BERKINTAKE. He did ship by UPS. So it took about 2 and a half weeks, thats is after i PAYPAL'd the $. I seriuosly doubt that Bryan will try and sc rew you, over a dual tip muffler. Give him some more time. If it's okay with you, i can email him and find out whats going on?

let me know. but either way, i think you will receive it soon.

By the way the about mentioned BRYAN is not COBYMOBY or BERK. The BRYAN mentioned above is an e-bay seller [/B][/QUOTE]

Hey dba1999us, thanks for you good comments, I am a patient man, the reference to Bryan cobymoby was just to demonstrate that he shipped from CA and I got my stuff with in 3 days. I hope no one will get me wrong. On the other hand if you know Bryan Campen ( muffler's guy ) that would be really appreciate if you can do whatever's possible, anyway let me know.

Cheers

DoubleA
Old 02-01-2002, 05:37 AM
Mauja He Mauja

Double A, sure i will contact him and let you know by tonight. I got the muffler installed for $35 yesterday, it sounds sweet....
Ok
Old 02-01-2002, 05:48 AM

Originally posted by dba1999us
Double A, sure i will contact him and let you know by tonight. I got the muffler installed for $35 yesterday, it sounds sweet....
Ok
Hey dba1999us, I really appreciate your help, you bet I will check my e-mail tonight. I cant wait to have my Y-Pipe + Muffler + intake + new 18" wheel install, then it is going to be HID and maybe 2K2 tail light, then cross drilled rotor, then euh I have to go to work.

Thanks bros.

AA
Old 02-01-2002, 06:59 AM

Originally posted by doublea

Hey dba1999us, I really appreciate your help, you bet I will check my e-mail tonight. I cant wait to have my Y-Pipe + Muffler + intake + new 18" wheel install, then it is going to be HID and maybe 2K2 tail light, then cross drilled rotor, then euh I have to go to work.

Thanks bros.

AA
Maybe you should check with the customs?