5th Generation Maxima (2000-2003) Learn more about the 5th Generation Maxima, including the VQ30DE-K and VQ35DE engines.

heated seats vs non-heated questions......

Search this Thread

Old 05-10-2017, 04:11 AM

heated seats vs non-heated questions......

ok...i have heated seats. however, both my driver's seat and pass seat have tears. i found a non-heated pass seat in great condition at the bone yard.
so...is there any way I could swap the covers to my heated seats or move the heated seat parts to the non-heated seats.

thanks
Old 05-10-2017, 07:36 AM

It's doable if you're already up to swapping the leather. The heating pads are just below the leather.
Old 05-10-2017, 11:48 AM

Originally Posted by Derrick2k2SE
It's doable if you're already up to swapping the leather. The heating pads are just below the leather.
That's tempting, cause if I get them for cheap, I would swap in the heating pads in my cloth seats... I assume there is already a wiring harness for the switches and plug.
Old 05-10-2017, 03:03 PM

Originally Posted by SubwayVQ
That's tempting, cause if I get them for cheap, I would swap in the heating pads in my cloth seats... I assume there is already a wiring harness for the switches and plug.
If your car doesn't have heated seats there's no wiring for it.

You an buy generic heating pads for heated seats that come with the wiring and switch. All you have to do is install the pads and provide a hot and ground. They're not expensive either.
Old 05-11-2017, 12:16 AM

It will work but take some custom work....like the side air bags....ur gonna have to figure out where you are gonna put them if you have em which you most likely do.....you can remove them....but you get the air bag flashing light and no air bags....you can keep them and put them into the new frame with some custom work which is another option and pretty easy just remove the white foam and fit them in exactly the way they came out the leather seats or hide them somewhere lol which I don't recommend incase they go off in a accident .....also don't forget that the yellow connectors are for the air bags....disconnect the battery for a few min before removing those connectors to drain any power left. The heat pads be very careful not to rip them when removing the old leather, this and fragile where the electricity flows threw em.
Old 05-11-2017, 06:31 AM

Originally Posted by BronxSleeperMax187
It will work but take some custom work....like the side air bags....ur gonna have to figure out where you are gonna put them if you have em which you most likely do.....you can remove them....but you get the air bag flashing light and no air bags....you can keep them and put them into the new frame with some custom work which is another option and pretty easy just remove the white foam and fit them in exactly the way they came out the leather seats or hide them somewhere lol which I don't recommend incase they go off in a accident .....also don't forget that the yellow connectors are for the air bags....disconnect the battery for a few min before removing those connectors to drain any power left. The heat pads be very careful not to rip them when removing the old leather, this and fragile where the electricity flows threw em.
good info ! and points!
Old 05-11-2017, 03:11 PM

hey guys...thanks for the replys. looks like a lot of work for a pass seat.
Old 05-11-2017, 10:58 PM

Originally Posted by Prophecy99
good info ! and points!
Thanks bro!
Old 05-11-2017, 11:12 PM

Originally Posted by 5thgendriver
hey guys...thanks for the replys. looks like a lot of work for a pass seat.
Listen just remove the leather from the old seat, and remove the leather from the new seat next and swap, your gonna have to keep the old frame as it will have the heat option and power in it.....not hard if you take ur time, I would take the whole seat home and do the one with the rips first as it will be ur practice one and won't matter any more how much you rip it, start from underneath and you will see where its held...this will give you an idea now how to get the new seat leather off too without ripping it. You will see the heat pads in there which are A white thin paper cloth looking thing with a wire... good luck.
Old 05-11-2017, 11:14 PM

Do you have side air bags in both is the question? Take it from here cause you need airbags for safety
Old 05-12-2017, 07:52 AM

IMO, if you have to sacrifice an airbag the side ones would be the ones to get rid of. But, as others have said, if you take your time and are patient you can do this simple swap yourself.
Old 05-12-2017, 10:14 AM

thanks guys...im going to look into it a little deeper before I decide.