5th Generation Maxima (2000-2003) Learn more about the 5th Generation Maxima, including the VQ30DE-K and VQ35DE engines.

2000 Infiniti i30 IACV

Search this Thread

Old 05-21-2017, 09:39 PM
Newbie - Just Registered

2000 Infiniti i30 IACV

I couldn't find any situations like mine. The ses came on and the car died and wouldn't idle it would start for a second then die. I adjusted the throttle cable and was able to drive it so I scanned the code at autozone and it was the iacv and mass airflow so I bought a new iacv and replaced it and now the car won't start at all and it did before with the bad iacv. It seems like it isn't getting fuel and I don't think it's the ecu cause it ran okay when I adjusted the cable. Any input would be super helpful
Old 05-21-2017, 10:24 PM

Originally Posted by Ryanbernier3dy
I couldn't find any situations like mine. The ses came on and the car died and wouldn't idle it would start for a second then die. I adjusted the throttle cable and was able to drive it so I scanned the code at autozone and it was the iacv and mass airflow so I bought a new iacv and replaced it and now the car won't start at all and it did before with the bad iacv. It seems like it isn't getting fuel and I don't think it's the ecu cause it ran okay when I adjusted the cable. Any input would be super helpful
So, to summarize your symptoms:
- Your car is a 2000 or 2001,
- You got two codes: P0505 (IACV) and P0100 (MAF) - right/wrong?,
- Then, you replaced the IACV, but the car does not start - right/wrong?
- Did you buy OEM/Hitachi? (if not, all bets are off)
- You still got the two codes?

Based on this incomplete, and possibly incorrect information, my input is:
- Make sure you understand the IACV/ECU issues - they are nasty; Read the "Preventing ECU Failures" document referred to in my signature.
- Do NOT adjust your throttle cable !!!
- If you have not replaced your MAF, clean it. (If you can afford a new one, get one, you'll need a spare one anyway).
- Verify that your "new" IACV is still good, by measuring the resistance of its half-coils (details in the document).

Good luck!

Last edited by maxiiiboy; 05-21-2017 at 10:30 PM.
Old 05-21-2017, 10:47 PM
Newbie - Just Registered

The service engine light went off when I replaced it but it just won't start I will clean the maf.
I will read the documents though thank you
Old 05-21-2017, 10:50 PM
Newbie - Just Registered

I bought oem iacv. I checked the ohms on the old one and it was definitely bad it was 22 accept pins 456 they were 7ohms. I'll check the new one