5th Generation Maxima (2000-2003) Learn more about the 5th Generation Maxima, including the VQ30DE-K and VQ35DE engines.

Plz help

Search this Thread

Old 06-03-2017, 05:53 PM

Plz help

I've been replacing my fuel sending unit along with my fuel filter And fpr (fuel pressure regulator) but for the life of me I can't find the fpr

https://parts.nissanusa.com/nissanpa...artcode=22670Z this is the exact part I need and the only one I've seen identical to this is an Australian site can someone please help me find this part
Old 06-03-2017, 07:10 PM

[QUOTE=Wakenbakon;9149028]I've been replacing my fuel sending unit along with my fuel filter And fpr (fuel pressure regulator) but for the life of me I can't find the fpr

http://www.partsgeek.com/mmparts/fue...an/maxima.html

Last edited by The Wizard; 06-05-2017 at 03:30 PM.
Old 06-04-2017, 02:01 PM

All of those listed on that site actually won't work for my 2002 maxima
Old 06-04-2017, 02:26 PM

https://m.advanceautoparts.com/p/oes...sure+regulator

This is the part I've been coming across and if I'm not mistaking this is called the fuel pressure damper I need the for which this is not it needs to look like the one I've provided in the pictures
Old 06-04-2017, 02:27 PM

Fpr*
Old 06-04-2017, 10:09 PM

Originally Posted by Wakenbakon
All of those listed on that site actually won't work for my 2002 maxima
My mistake, you never specified in your original post.

If you are having trouble finding one, I would suggest leaving it alone then. I haven't come across any threads about replacing the FPR in a 5.5 gen. If it's not broken and functioning properly, I'd leave it.

But if you really need a new one, you could try snagging one from a junkyard car.
Old 06-05-2017, 02:39 PM

I Know I NVR specified it's actually my first time ever posting, my bad I'm not sure if it's functioning right or not. It was in perfectly good running order, I filled up the tank all the way to the brim it acted fine driving home (bout 15 mins) I immediately drove it down the road to a friend's shut it off for app. 3 hours drove it home all a ok went to drive it next morning and it was stuttering shaking wouldn't get out of its own way(no power) when you accelerated for more than a couple sec check engine light would blink it was throwing off codes misfire which I didn't have B4 low circuit in fuel send unit I believe so I just drove it for a couple of days...I know bad of me then i was just put putting along and it stalled itself it started back up did it again with in the min so I towed it home and up until I took the fuel pump assembly off it would start up and just stall out like it was running out of gas but I was just trying to cover my bases with getting a new fpr. And I'm pretty sure it's not vapor lock or anything like that and my fuel pump deff kicks on like it's supposed to. Sorry for the long reply I'm just hoping someone can shed some light to my issue
Old 06-05-2017, 02:43 PM

Oh forgot to mention it would run for bout 30 sec to a min B4 stalling and I am replacing fuel sending unit and fuel filter
Old 06-05-2017, 03:23 PM

You have a bad coil pack thats what the flashing cel is for
Never Ever Ever use aftermarket coils either

Did i mention Never Ever!

Yup i said Never Ever