5th Generation Maxima (2000-2003) Learn more about the 5th Generation Maxima, including the VQ30DE-K and VQ35DE engines.

E brake

Search this Thread

Old 08-09-2017, 05:38 PM

E brake

So I'm taking off my caliper and my e brake is all rusted I got the spring off and got the lever thats on the caliper to move freely and I can take the clip that atatches to the lever off but I can't seem to get the little slider clip looking piece off it's located at the end of the rippled style rubber boot opposite from the lever
​​​and when I or rather another person pulls the e brake so I can feel the cable I feel the cable leeding up to the slider clip looking piece move but it doesn't do anything within the rubber boot that actually retracts and pulls the lever so any suggestions on how to free up the slider clip and also how to get my e brake working again. I realize I don't need to take that slider clip of to take the caliper off but as I stated I wanted to get my e brake working cause the back right side works
Old 08-09-2017, 06:13 PM

I have an ebrake cable I could sell you if you decide to go that route
Old 08-09-2017, 06:18 PM

TBH I'm not even sure how to change the cable and I would still need to free it up to get it out I think