5th Generation Maxima (2000-2003) Learn more about the 5th Generation Maxima, including the VQ30DE-K and VQ35DE engines.

air bag light

Search this Thread

Old 09-10-2017, 06:47 AM
Newbie - Just Registered

air bag light

Hello everyone, I have the famous air bag light on as well. Before anyone starts yelling, I went through the procedures put on here for clearing out the light with no luck. I tried the ignition on/off key procedure as well as pushing the dome light button on the driver's side door jam. I did however get a code when I did the key on/off procedure. The air bag light gave me one long steady flash followed by three short flashes and then repeated the cycle. Anyone know what that means. Your help would be appreciated. I just purchased this 03 Maxima GLE about a month ago so I'm new to all this. I did see a possible recall for some air bags in my year. I'm calling dealer tomorrow to see if I'm on the list. In the meantime, any help on the air bag flashes would be appreciated. Thanks!
Old 09-10-2017, 09:42 AM

Here is a link to the service manual for the SRS (air bag) diagnostics. Starts on page 52. Compare the light patterns with what you have and see what is having problems.

http://boredmder.com/FSMs/Nissan/Maxima/2003/RS.pdf
Old 09-10-2017, 03:59 PM

Its probably a broken bad connection.