5th Generation Maxima (2000-2003) Learn more about the 5th Generation Maxima, including the VQ30DE-K and VQ35DE engines.

Adding Factory Fog Lights

Search this Thread

Old 10-05-2017, 02:20 PM
Newbie - Just Registered

Adding Factory Fog Lights

Hello All. My 2000 Maxima Did Not Come With Fog Lights BUT I Would Like To Add Them To My Vehicle.
I removed the Inserts, located the Wire Harness for the Fog Lights and Now What?
I need to buy a Relay but Don't Know How To Wire them in Without Replacing the Turn Signal Switch.
Can This Be Done ?
Thanks for any help
Old 10-05-2017, 02:35 PM

Yes, it can be done. Besides needing the relay, you also have to get a new headlight switch that has the fog light on/off control ring. Remove the cover from around the steering cover, 5 screws (I thing) from the bottom and it comes off in 2 pieces. The old light switch comes off with 3 philips head screws and put the new one on. There is no wiring needed, all wires are already there.
Old 10-05-2017, 02:40 PM
Newbie - Just Registered

I saw A YouTube Video of that but the New Switch Doesnt have the Auto On/Off Light Control. I dont want to loose that to gain the Fog Lights.
Can a Switch be added .. to the Dash ??
Old 10-05-2017, 08:41 PM

The headlight switch in my 2000 Maxima had the auto headlight position along with the fog light function because that 's the way Nissan designed it. In all the posts I have read, no one has ever mentioned the auto headlight position was missing.

Did the youtube video say that or was it because you didn't see the symbol on the switch?