5th Generation Maxima (2000-2003) Learn more about the 5th Generation Maxima, including the VQ30DE-K and VQ35DE engines.

02 maxima loss of power

Search this Thread

Old 10-27-2017, 03:00 PM

02 maxima loss of power

So I just about had it with this car and it's many issues , I can't seem to figure out what's causing my problem, check engine light is on and it's throwing a p0300 which is a random misfire and also throwing a p1800 which is for the vias, so far I've replaced all spark plugs, coils, checked for vacuum leaks , changed all the vacuum hoses , replaced both valve covers , did the 2k1 maf swap, and I'm just aggravated and running out of ideas , could be fuel pump related ? Car will be idling and then rpms dip low and engine light starts flashing, it also studders on acceleration and feels like it's struggling to catch speed , problem has been getting worse these past couple days , and the weird thing is it comes and goes , it seems to be intermitent, did ecu reset couple times , power comes back and it feels like a brand new car but after a couple days it runs like crap again , it's running like I have a 4 cylinder under the hood , any suggestions would be greatly appreciated, car has 140k atm and it's 6 speed , I can say I have a love hate relationship with this car right now I just want to be able to feel the vq35de glory again ...

Last edited by Jmaxima86; 10-27-2017 at 03:04 PM.
Old 10-27-2017, 11:55 PM

Check your ground distribution and continuity. Obviously, you need to check it when the car is misbehaving.
Old 11-02-2017, 05:12 PM

Engine light flashing is bad TWC.

Basically its saying you have unburned fuel passing into the catalytic converter and theres a melt down.

Do you have a puff of whit smoke at start up?

When you pull the plugs do some appear wet?

You may need a few new injectors.
Old 11-08-2017, 05:59 PM

It did it to me a couple times when I first bought mine. Checked the plugs and some were 3 times the recommended gap. All 6 were at least double. Switched them out bam. Brand new engine. So if you did plugs and it's random, some type of timing issue.