5th Generation Maxima (2000-2003) Learn more about the 5th Generation Maxima, including the VQ30DE-K and VQ35DE engines.

VIAS Solenoid

Search this Thread

Old 10-27-2017, 04:48 PM

VIAS Solenoid

A friend of mine owns an 02 Maxima and it just registered the p1800 error code. A quick search showed the VIAS control solenoid has gone bad. The car will idle but when she gives a little gas the engine will hesitate and stall.

I've searched a few auto sites and have been unable to locate a replacement part. Would anyone know where I could find this solenoid and the part number. Thanks in advance for any help you can give.
Old 10-27-2017, 05:00 PM

Originally Posted by discobiscuit
A friend of mine owns an 02 Maxima and it just registered the p1800 error code. A quick search showed the VIAS control solenoid has gone bad. The car will idle but when she gives a little gas the engine will hesitate and stall.

I've searched a few auto sites and have been unable to locate a replacement part. Would anyone know where I could find this solenoid and the part number. Thanks in advance for any help you can give.
Part number for that part is (DORMAN 911-506 Intake Manifold Runner Control Valve) you can get it on Amazon or rockauto, I'm having the same issues with the p1800 , any other symptoms besides the stalling ? Mine hesitates off the line and I feel like I have no power whatsoever until I let off a bit and then it slowly catches speed
Old 10-28-2017, 05:47 AM

She’s only having the loss of power issue. The car will stall and hesitate under a load. Thanks for the info!
Old 10-31-2017, 12:44 AM

It might be cheaper to get the NWP block off plate (deleting the VIAS assembly). It gives more power up top
Old 10-31-2017, 12:08 PM

Originally Posted by kauaiwyatt
It might be cheaper to get the NWP block off plate (deleting the VIAS assembly). It gives more power up top
Even cheaper to make your own lol