5th Generation Maxima (2000-2003) Learn more about the 5th Generation Maxima, including the VQ30DE-K and VQ35DE engines.

doors/mirrors

Search this Thread

Old 11-20-2017, 09:20 AM

doors/mirrors

Morn'n Folks,
My Maxima was kinda messed up when I bought it.. Original owner was a "Duct tape" person, they had it holding the front bumper, driver side door mirror, etc. This was the GOOD stuff and hard too remove the backing. I myself have relied on the stuff for different tasks also but, "temporarily"... Anyway, I fixed the driver mirror with epoxy, bought and replaced the front skin clips, repaired anything not correct. Well, my Wife hit the mirror and it gave way, I ordered a new heated power mirror actually both sides... I could just do the Black but, I was it correct as PR the way it was ordered. Sorry to bore ya so too the question?? It looks like the "Painted Peral White" backing/cover can be remove and reinstalled on the new side mirrors, is this possible or am I just hoping it will work? If you know I would really appreciate your input on it. Thank you, take care!
Old 11-21-2017, 12:49 AM

Yes, the painted cover comes off. It is a part that you can buy if you needed to.

Once you pop the mirror glass out, there are 7 "fingers" holding the painted cover on to the mirror shell.
Attached Thumbnails doors/mirrors-00maxsideviewmirror-cover_zps5b740f1f.jpg  
Old 11-21-2017, 09:02 AM

You might find that piece in the U-Pull it yard for almost nothing. You could get lucky and find the right color car.

There are actually a few White 5th gens in my local U-pull it. I'll be going back next week if you want me to have a look.
Old 11-23-2017, 03:54 AM

Many thanks!

IHey Gentleman, I’v always worked on vehicles.At first due to the fact I liked it. As my family grew it became a necessity. At this point it’s due to the fact that dealer and or auto repair shops, (at least around here) are let’s say kinda sketchy??
I’m trying to say that I’m very grateful and glad you are willing to help! I love too help folks out also so I hope there is a time I can be of use to you.

Thanks!
Old 11-23-2017, 09:35 AM

Derrick, I "think" The item I clicked on will only reply too you. Not positive, anyway I took of the painted backing and got it put on the new Rear view driver door mirror. I wanted to thank you personally for the offer. If there is something I can do for you let me know ok? If it is the right button or icon, I will let Dennis know as well.

Thank you!
Old 11-23-2017, 09:36 AM

Opps! Derrick.