5th Generation Maxima (2000-2003) Learn more about the 5th Generation Maxima, including the VQ30DE-K and VQ35DE engines.

M166 and F69 Harness Connectors

Search this Thread

Old 11-15-2018, 01:53 AM

M166 and F69 Harness Connectors

Hoping someone knows their way around the fsm better than I do. I have been looking at harness diagrams and all over the fsm for a wiring layout for these connectors. Doing a 2k3 wiring swap into a 4th gen to run a 2k14 motor and I'm stuck. I have an engine harness and a dash harness, the day I got the dash harness it was over a 100 degrees and humid and I'd never ripped the dash out so it took me awhile and I was pouring sweat all day so I cut a corner and cut off a small section of the dash harness I didn't need. Now I have all the plug n play connectors listed except m166, to make things worse my engine harness only has 3 white connectors coming off it and no f69.

I'm trying to make the missing connections for them but i can't find what connections those are supposed to be

Last edited by Violator; 11-15-2018 at 09:41 AM.
Old 11-15-2018, 04:07 PM

The references I found were to a/t indicators and TCS CAN stuff that isn't used in the swap anyways. I think this car just didn't come with those options so there's no connector for it. Hopefully the rest of my harness is the same.. engine should be in beginning of next week I'll be working more on the wiring this weekend
Old 11-16-2018, 01:10 PM

What year car are you referring to when you reference M166 and F69? Is that a 2003 connector number?

I general, the letter associated with the connector (i.e., the M in connector M166) refers to which wire harness it is on. M means Main harness, which is under the dash. F is the Engine Control Harness. F69 is (at least on the 2003 car) on the end of the harness that come inside the car through the firewall.

see page 468 lower right corner - http://boredmder.com/FSMs/Nissan/Maxima/2003/EL.pdf

To find out what the signals on the wires are, that is a bit more difficult. Nissan does not give us a nice convenient breakdown by connector. You have to find a schematic that contains that connector.
Old 11-16-2018, 04:14 PM

Originally Posted by DennisMik
What year car are you referring to when you reference M166 and F69? Is that a 2003 connector number?

I general, the letter associated with the connector (i.e., the M in connector M166) refers to which wire harness it is on. M means Main harness, which is under the dash. F is the Engine Control Harness. F69 is (at least on the 2003 car) on the end of the harness that come inside the car through the firewall.

see page 468 lower right corner - http://boredmder.com/FSMs/Nissan/Maxima/2003/EL.pdf

To find out what the signals on the wires are, that is a bit more difficult. Nissan does not give us a nice convenient breakdown by connector. You have to find a schematic that contains that connector.
Yeah that's how I identified the connectors along with the charts listing connector colors and terminal(cavity) counts. My engine harness only has 3 connectors coming off it to mate to m161 m162 and m81. It should have at least one more for 166 but it doesn't, the only references I could find to m166 was for automatic transmission signals to the cluster. I'm guessing bc it's a manual trans harness those connectors arent needed and therefore don't exist, bc there's only 1 fsm and wiring diagrams for auto/manual the pinouts one connectors shouldn't change I think I'm good as long as I follow the guide
Old 11-16-2018, 10:24 PM

In the 5th gen cluster, there are auto trans gear indicator lights between the tach and speedo dials. The 4th gen didn't have them.