5th Generation Maxima (2000-2003) Learn more about the 5th Generation Maxima, including the VQ30DE-K and VQ35DE engines.

Help Me Understand The Stock FPR

Search this Thread

Old 06-05-2020, 06:25 PM

Help Me Understand The Stock FPR

inlet? Outlet? Excess/return port?

Last edited by Violator; 06-10-2020 at 08:20 AM.
Old 06-10-2020, 08:26 AM

I miscorrected the post thinking I understood before sinking 20hrs of work into creating the perfect set of adapters and rubber tubes to match the required bends and trying to fix leak after leak but this things going in the garbage. I don't have a way to attach to the fat golden end which I thought was the return/dump port the other way it just seems to pressurize the line and spray out one or some of the clamps. **** this bull**** I lost so many braincells to gas fumes
Old 06-10-2020, 12:08 PM

It's a pretty simple design. The pump wants to move a certain volume of fuel when it is on, if the engine isn't consuming that volume, the pressure generated by the pump builds up until the relief valve opens and allows some fuel to escape. The tube on the side just directs the excess flow back below the liquid level in the tank. This is likely because it generates less vapors in the tank and is quieter.
Old 06-16-2020, 10:05 AM

Originally Posted by freezer
It's a pretty simple design. The pump wants to move a certain volume of fuel when it is on, if the engine isn't consuming that volume, the pressure generated by the pump builds up until the relief valve opens and allows some fuel to escape. The tube on the side just directs the excess flow back below the liquid level in the tank. This is likely because it generates less vapors in the tank and is quieter.
Musta just been all the bends and hose clamps I had to use to adapt to hook up correctly to the 4th gen fuel sending unit no matter what I couldn't get it to hold enough pressure. I have a Holley 12-886 regulator I've had to jb weld the seam on and put thread sealant on every single bolt and screw in the thing not to mention the plug bolt that bursted a hole right through the center of it smh