5th Generation Maxima (2000-2003) Learn more about the 5th Generation Maxima, including the VQ30DE-K and VQ35DE engines.

Windows/sunroof/seats DO NOT work after I put pressure on the driver seat

Search this Thread

Old 10-14-2020, 11:03 AM

Windows/sunroof/seats DO NOT work after I put pressure on the driver seat

I got a power problem folks! Took awhile to break this down~
Windows/sunroof/seats/door locks DO NOT work "after I put pressure" on the driver seat!! Like I wrote...Took awhile to break it down. I can open the driver door, without touching the driver seat put in the key and turn it too start position,I can use all of the {stuff listed above!} As soon as I sit or touch the driver seat NOTHING works! What's the problem? Hahaha...If I don't laugh,I'll
cry! Hahaha

DaDeuce
Old 10-14-2020, 12:29 PM
Administrator

Why don't you start by checking the connections that connect underneath the seat.
Old 10-14-2020, 05:31 PM

Originally Posted by The Wizard
Why don't you start by checking the connections that connect underneath the seat.
Whoomp there it is!
Old 10-18-2020, 08:08 PM

Okay, The seat, works!! Along with everything else! RE: Sunroof/Door locks/Key fob/windows etc,ect... I had found that, for some reason "I" needed to make a ground wire with a couple alligator clips too work on the connections under the driver seat why? I have no clue? But, I got'er done!! Listed below I'll write a step by step of what I did. Thanks Wizard! And Ya'll!

#1 Adjust the seat forward after loosing the front seat bolts.NOTE: I had to do this BEFORE I touched the place the driver would sit or all of the systems above would QUIT!
#2 Adjust the backrest as far as possible towards the steering wheel.
#3 Adjust the seat back just far enough to use a 14mm socket, this is important back too far and ya can't get the socket on! I already had them loose.
#4 Disconnect the neg battery cable.
#5 Lift the seat from the front, I used and old hood shock/strut to hold the seat up.
#6 Hook up the ground wire alligator clip to the seat mount (REAR passenger side and the other alligator clip to the front passenger seat mounting hole.
#7 Re hook up the neg battery cable and test AWAY!! I pulled on all the fancy electrical connectors until I found the FRICKN short!!
Wizard asked me to post what I did but I'm NOT a computer wiz so I hope this is going out there for ya'll to work with and I hope it might save ya some money instead of buying a SECU....Unless ya need one!
Old 10-26-2020, 09:02 PM

i had an issue where i would sit down and the electrical seat controls would not work, get up, they work, got under there and just made sure all the connections were tight and problem went away