5th Generation Maxima (2000-2003) Learn more about the 5th Generation Maxima, including the VQ30DE-K and VQ35DE engines.

Please help out!

Search this Thread

Old 02-09-2002, 10:40 AM
JerseyMaxima'02

Please help out!

I was involved in an accident with my 2002 Max 7 weeks ago. I decided to get the car fixed at the body shop owned by the dealership. These guys have been beating around the bush. I still haven't got my car. For the last four weeks they would give me a date and that date would come and they would give me another date and so forth. Monday the car was finally painted(only had some front end damage. Had to replace hood, bumper, lights, both side fenders and the radiator support. Oh by the way they have had the parts in for five of those seven weeks) they tell me that the car will be done for friday pickup. So all the way up to 3:30 that afternoon I had been under the impression that I could pick it up. Thursday before they tell me that they ordered some parts that weren't compatible for 2002 and the had to re-order them. Parts should be in friday morning and you'll still be able to pick it up. I thought they might be brackets or something. Come to find out at 3:30pm as I'm leaving work that the parts were the headlights and bumper for the car. They ordered the 2000 style. I was ****ing ****ed, especially after I made mention to them about the certain diffrences between the 2001 and 2002 two weeks prior to that. Everything is correct they tell me. After I freek out on them the tell me that these parts are on back order and don't know when they can get them. I need your guys help. Please give me any web sites or information to find out were I can locate both front headlights and bumper, I can't go on with out this car. I found a couple of places with the headlights I really just need to find the bumper so when I stop in on monday I have some more ammo against these guys. Thanks for your help

Old 02-09-2002, 01:16 PM

I understand that the dealer owns the body shop, but why didn't you juat take it straight to the dealers service dept. You wouldn't of had any of these problems probably. You live in NJ I see, the Flemington Nissan is really good, and good service, you might want to contact them
Old 02-09-2002, 03:40 PM

Check out these site....hope everything works out for ya.

http://www.nissanparts.cc/
http://www.nissanwholesaleparts.com/
Old 02-10-2002, 07:57 PM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

Re: Please help out!

Originally posted by JerseyMaxima'02
I was involved in an accident with my 2002 Max 7 weeks ago. I decided to get the car fixed at the body shop owned by the dealership. These guys have been beating around the bush. I still haven't got my car. For the last four weeks they would give me a date and that date would come and they would give me another date and so forth. Monday the car was finally painted(only had some front end damage. Had to replace hood, bumper, lights, both side fenders and the radiator support. Oh by the way they have had the parts in for five of those seven weeks) they tell me that the car will be done for friday pickup. So all the way up to 3:30 that afternoon I had been under the impression that I could pick it up. Thursday before they tell me that they ordered some parts that weren't compatible for 2002 and the had to re-order them. Parts should be in friday morning and you'll still be able to pick it up. I thought they might be brackets or something. Come to find out at 3:30pm as I'm leaving work that the parts were the headlights and bumper for the car. They ordered the 2000 style. I was ****ing ****ed, especially after I made mention to them about the certain diffrences between the 2001 and 2002 two weeks prior to that. Everything is correct they tell me. After I freek out on them the tell me that these parts are on back order and don't know when they can get them. I need your guys help. Please give me any web sites or information to find out were I can locate both front headlights and bumper, I can't go on with out this car. I found a couple of places with the headlights I really just need to find the bumper so when I stop in on monday I have some more ammo against these guys. Thanks for your help
Dude.. call Nissan customer service. Since the dealership has relations to the body shop they can do something for you. I complained to Nissan when there were no wheel locks on the car when in fact he told me there were locks on the car. Made a QUICK *** response to me...i mean FAST!. Give it a shot