5th Generation Maxima (2000-2003) Learn more about the 5th Generation Maxima, including the VQ30DE-K and VQ35DE engines.

System is DONE, PICS!!!

Search this Thread

Old 02-17-2002, 06:59 AM

System is DONE, PICS!!!

Hey guys, system is oficially done here are some pics:

We mounted the amp on the seat with screws. All the wiring comes out with holes we drilled in the seat so nothing is like sticking out...too bad amp is not too great oh well its good enough...

http://members.***.net/adas/system/amp1.JPG
http://members.***.net/adas/system/amp2.JPG

I guess we made a custom button on the dash with the bass boost control, on/off light, and on/off toggle for the amp...u can see my dirty car in the back

http://members.***.net/adas/system/button.JPG

and the finished job, 2 good 12" JBL subs (DVC 4ohm)

http://members.***.net/adas/system/back.JPG
http://members.***.net/adas/system/corner.JPG

system is wired as such:

mono 4ohm bridged (we tapped into rear speaker wires for signal)...stock head unit
Old 02-17-2002, 07:34 AM

Re: System is DONE, PICS!!!

What kinda amp r u running?

GC

Originally posted by AdamK

We mounted the amp on the seat with screws. All the wiring comes out with holes we drilled in the seat so nothing is like sticking out...too bad amp is not too great oh well its good enough...

http://members.***.net/adas/system/amp1.JPG
http://members.***.net/adas/system/amp2.JPG

I guess we made a custom button on the dash with the bass boost control, on/off light, and on/off toggle for the amp...u can see my dirty car in the back

http://members.***.net/adas/system/button.JPG

and the finished job, 2 good 12" JBL subs (DVC 4ohm)

http://members.***.net/adas/system/back.JPG
http://members.***.net/adas/system/corner.JPG

system is wired as such:

mono 4ohm bridged (we tapped into rear speaker wires for signal)...stock head unit
Old 02-17-2002, 09:55 AM

Re: Re: System is DONE, PICS!!!

Originally posted by Cisco
What kinda amp r u running?

GC

looks like a legacy 1600watt amp
Old 02-17-2002, 10:02 AM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

Not to burst your bubble but that legacy amp is known to be a very cheap and low quality amps.

Also That box in the back look huge, I mean I do alot of installs and some of my friends who are pros can tell you that the box in the back is almost taking up 75% of the trunk. Something is wrong there. You coulda done the same setup with no more than a 33% trunk space loss with a 12" setup like yours. Make sure you got the correct size and what not.

Is this your first setup?

Dixit
Old 02-17-2002, 10:16 AM

how well does it perform with that amp?
Old 02-17-2002, 10:20 AM

Originally posted by BigDogJonx
Not to burst your bubble but that legacy amp is known to be a very cheap and low quality amps.

Also That box in the back look huge, I mean I do alot of installs and some of my friends who are pros can tell you that the box in the back is almost taking up 75% of the trunk. Something is wrong there. You coulda done the same setup with no more than a 33% trunk space loss with a 12" setup like yours. Make sure you got the correct size and what not.

Is this your first setup?

Dixit

he is 16...take it easy on him man...lol
Old 02-17-2002, 10:31 AM

Old 02-17-2002, 10:50 AM

Yah its a Legacy LA-1490 1600 watt amp ( I wish it was really 1600!) I know enough that if I spent a buck-thirty on an amp it's not that great especially from a no name brand like legacy. However my friend is running the same setup, same subs, amp, and wiring scheme and his system has been bumpin' for a year now and it sounds awesome.

I mean I know its not a rockford or anything but for my wallet it's ok. As for the box, well I mean I just walked into the place bought two jbls and got a discount on a box, sure it takes up alot of space but what other alternatives do i have? I mean i didn't wanna go all out making a custom box and ummm? i dunno sorry im not worthy enough for you lol

well thanks for the advice guys, and yes this is my first system
Old 02-17-2002, 11:44 AM
Minister of Silly Walks

You can make your own box for about $30 in materials, that's what i did.
Old 02-17-2002, 11:49 AM
Future Camaro SS owner

wait till you reallize that you got no trunk space had none in last car. Now I am just using one Image dynamics 12 IDMAX 12 instead of my two Image dynamics IDQ-12's. Well if he's only 16 can't hold it against him.
Old 02-17-2002, 01:03 PM
Donating Maxima.org Member

how does it sound? that's what i want to know... does the trunk and back seat suck up the sound of the bass? did you put in any other speakers? oh, and any PEQ in there?

i'm asking these questions really b/c i've got a mess or Arc and Rainbow equipment to be installed and trying to decide what kind of setup is best. thanks.
Old 02-17-2002, 02:03 PM

Ha ha ha, its cute man.. reminds me of my first system when i was 17. I put it in my altima. It was 2 jbl 12's and a jensen "600 watt" amp.. it was all fun untill the jensen fried and made my car smell like shiet.... I think everyone goes thru the bump bump phase then get ino SQ..

Adam
Old 02-17-2002, 02:15 PM

that amp look like it's straight out of a sci-fi movie..
Old 02-17-2002, 02:23 PM
Future Camaro SS owner

I always been into SQ since I was 17. My wholesale dealer only dealt with high-end stuff. Have any of you heard of OZ audio I had that in my car b4 it was stolen along with my Precision power PC2400 and PC4400 amps with my IDQ-12's. And that wasn't the bad part they set my car on fire. $7,000 in stereo equipment.
Old 02-17-2002, 02:25 PM

Originally posted by myownnismo
I always been into SQ since I was 17. My wholesale dealer only dealt with high-end stuff. Have any of you heard of OZ audio I had that in my car b4 it was stolen along with my Precision power PC2400 and PC4400 amps with my IDQ-12's. And that wasn't the bad part they set my car on fire. $7,000 in stereo equipment.
I know OZ. And i too only run highend stuff...ZAPCO.
Old 02-17-2002, 02:59 PM

Originally posted by max'n out

I know OZ. And i too only run highend stuff...ZAPCO.

nicenice... i've got ARCAudio's going on.. .soon..... soon... w/Rainbow. hehehe...
Old 02-17-2002, 03:15 PM

Re: System is DONE, PICS!!!

system is wired as such:
I have the switch @ same place on dash where you do, but its function is to turn on/off the amp. I have a dual 10" MTX bandpass box, and amp is screwed on the top of the box. I would really love to switch from this traditional big box setting so I can have easy access to my spare and not as heavy. I guess there are only two ways: build a custom enclosure on the sides of the trunk, or install a bazooka self-powered tube...
Old 02-17-2002, 04:06 PM

yah it sounds mad nice imo, only a few more days untilt he license 'll start shakin....yah the amp looks mad cool too bad its so crappy
Old 02-17-2002, 04:32 PM

Originally posted by areX

nicenice... i've got ARCAudio's going on.. .soon..... soon... w/Rainbow. hehehe...
Arc is nice, it's finally starting to get some notice. What kind of hookups are you getting on the rainbow's, i know your not gonna pay retail
Old 02-17-2002, 07:55 PM

mmmmmmmm.........
Old 02-22-2002, 07:18 PM

Its really a rockford fosgate class d amp, he just changed the cover so theives wouldnt steal it cause of the legacy
Old 02-22-2002, 07:53 PM
Administrator

JBL? yuk... did you buy that at CC?
Old 02-22-2002, 08:18 PM

Originally posted by SprintMax
JBL? yuk... did you buy that at CC?
allthough my amp isnt good I do know these are pretty good subs for the price *99/pop* they are dvc and i mean mad people have had them and are really happy...I got the box and 2 subs at action auto sound on the pike (2431 berlin trnpk)
Old 02-22-2002, 08:27 PM
Administrator

allthough my amp isnt good I do know these are pretty good subs for the price *99/pop* they are dvc and i mean mad people have had them and are really happy...I got the box and 2 subs at action auto sound on the pike (2431 berlin trnpk)
its one thing i have learned when buying audio equipment.. do it right the first time.. or you will be using more time unloading your **** for better ****..

should have gotten those Diamonds Mike took back.. if you know how many amps and subs i have in my room.. (2) Rockwood Amps, (2) 12 inch Thump Subs, (2) Pioneer 6x9's, (4) Stock Honda Accord Speakers, (8) Nissan Maxima Stock Speakers, (1) 12" Shallow Sub Box and (1) 12" Bandbass Box with Neon.. oh oh.. (1) Broken Pioneer 7200

sometimes its good to spend the money and get good stuff.. i wouldn't buy JBL subs if my life depended on it.. **** .. i won't even buy JL Audio anymore.. interior speakers.. i won't buy anything but Diamond Audio.. thats how far i have come from those days.. but you are young so you will understand later.. everything else but diamonds sound like **** to me.. MB Quartz.. Alpines.. Pioneer.. can't listen to them.. you throw those speakers under 100 watts RMS .. all you hear is bafflign and crackling.. diamonds.. you will think you are in a concert hall

but you got a good starter system.. but next time.. give me a email.. or talk to Sweetsound.. we will give you some ideas before you get what you want.. thats why i gave Mike and Pat ideas..
Old 02-22-2002, 08:33 PM

Dang, u got a Rockwood amp? Jeez!!

GC

its one thing i have learned when buying audio equipment.. do it right the first time.. or you will be using more time unloading your **** for better ****..

should have gotten those Diamonds Mike took back.. if you know how many amps and subs i have in my room.. (2) Rockwood Amps, (2) 12 inch Thump Subs, (2) Pioneer 6x9's, (4) Stock Honda Accord Speakers, (8) Nissan Maxima Stock Speakers, (1) 12" Shallow Sub Box and (1) 12" Bandbass Box with Neon.. oh oh.. (1) Broken Pioneer 7200

sometimes its good to spend the money and get good stuff.. i wouldn't buy JBL subs if my life depended on it.. **** .. i won't even buy JL Audio anymore.. interior speakers.. i won't buy anything but Diamond Audio.. thats how far i have come from those days.. but you are young so you will understand later.. everything else but diamonds sound like **** to me.. MB Quartz.. Alpines.. Pioneer.. can't listen to them.. you throw those speakers under 100 watts RMS .. all you hear is bafflign and crackling.. diamonds.. you will think you are in a concert hall

but you got a good starter system.. but next time.. give me a email.. or talk to Sweetsound.. we will give you some ideas before you get what you want.. thats why i gave Mike and Pat ideas..
Old 02-22-2002, 08:34 PM
Administrator

Fordam Road

yeah they got me.. they got me twice i am not going to lie

Dang, u got a Rockwood amp? Jeez!!
:-D

GC

Old 02-22-2002, 08:40 PM

Kinda OT, but r u into home theater?

GC

Fordam Road

yeah they got me.. they got me twice i am not going to lie

Old 02-22-2002, 08:45 PM
Administrator

Kinda OT, but r u into home theater?

GC

kinda.. my cousin and i share a condo.. he bought all the home theater stuff.. i just watch it
Old 02-22-2002, 08:55 PM

way to go man. hope you enjoy the sound, looks like you put in a lot of hard work.
i'm a decade older than you and i just put in my first sub system last year. the first time's always 'fun.'

cheers
Old 02-23-2002, 09:23 AM

Thanks for all the tips and criticisms guys, and thanks for offerintg to help next time SprintMax but you guys also gotta understand I was on a tight budget....

Subs @ store were 99 a piece and box was 89, I got all the stuff with tax for 260 and then 140 for my amp so I mean 400 isnt that bad oh and I got walmart wiring that Mike (maximaracer28) recommended lol
Old 02-23-2002, 10:38 AM

Thanks for all the tips and criticisms guys, and thanks for offerintg to help next time SprintMax but you guys also gotta understand I was on a tight budget....

Subs @ store were 99 a piece and box was 89, I got all the stuff with tax for 260 and then 140 for my amp so I mean 400 isnt that bad oh and I got walmart wiring that Mike (maximaracer28) recommended lol
we've all been there. just enjoy the sound.
Old 02-23-2002, 01:09 PM

Since you got a stock head unit, how does it sound. Any alternator whine or stuff like that.

Sprint, what's wrong with JL audio. Been away from car audio for so long, and don't know whats good anymore. I heard what was good 4-5 years ago isn't good anymore. Someone please fill me in. Thanks

Glad you like your system Adam. Enjoy.
Old 02-23-2002, 01:13 PM

Originally posted by Menacer
Since you got a stock head unit, how does it sound. Any alternator whine or stuff like that.

Sprint, what's wrong with JL audio. Been away from car audio for so long, and don't know whats good anymore. I heard what was good 4-5 years ago isn't good anymore. Someone please fill me in. Thanks

Jl is making good amps now. subs are boomy.

the top names: Zapco, brax, PG,Kicker,mb quart, focal,dynaudio,diamond to name a few.
Old 02-23-2002, 01:25 PM
Administrator

nothing wrong with JL .. its just that.. i think of JL as the Intermediate level of when you are starting to get serious about car audio..

w7's are nice but are priced way out of the market.. when you can get MacDaddy's and ID Max way cheaper..

Originally posted by Menacer

Old 02-23-2002, 01:29 PM

What is the best 10" sub under $300? I'm looking to get a new sub soon.

GC

nothing wrong with JL .. its just that.. i think of JL as the Intermediate level of when you are starting to get serious about car audio..

w7's are nice but are priced way out of the market.. when you can get MacDaddy's and ID Max way cheaper..

Old 02-23-2002, 01:32 PM
All YOUR grammer belong to me

Those are all nice but nothing blends deep pounding bass and sound quality like an infinity perfect

And if its pure bass you want, get the MTX competition woofer..RFL or somethin like that..4,000 watts before it blows..somethin like 2,000 watts RMS.. and it comes with an extra kit for when the sub blows..

Systems are cool, but they can get annoying with headaches, and take up too much trunk space, and lag you speed wise. I used to have a system long ago but sold it all off.. I will use that $$ to convert to 5spd...the 5-speed has spoken to me through other maxima's and stangs
Old 02-23-2002, 01:36 PM
Administrator

What is the best single 10" sub under $300? I'm looking to get a new sub soon.

GC

i would recommend Diamond MacDaddy 10 or ID Max 10

ID Max you can't get online.. i know a guy that can get you a good price though.. MacDaddy you can pick up off ebay for a nice price..
Old 02-23-2002, 01:37 PM

I'd probably like to demo it in my car before buying it.

GC

i would recommend Diamond MacDaddy 10 or ID Max 10

ID Max you can't get online.. i know a guy that can get you a good price though.. MacDaddy you can pick up off ebay for a nice price..
Old 02-23-2002, 01:38 PM

Ok since we are on the subject of car audio, i posse this question to the experienced ones. What hapeend to PPI, Soundstream, Fosgate, in terms of quality. I have been hearing that they turn to crap, at least PPI and Sound Stream.
Old 02-23-2002, 01:38 PM
Administrator

You need to learn the difference between SQ and SPL

Originally posted by Craig Mack

Those are all nice but nothing blends deep pounding bass and sound quality like an infinity perfect

And if its pure bass you want, get the MTX competition woofer..RFL or somethin like that..4,000 watts before it blows..somethin like 2,000 watts RMS.. and it comes with an extra kit for when the sub blows..

Systems are cool, but they can get annoying with headaches, and take up too much trunk space, and lag you speed wise. I used to have a system long ago but sold it all off.. I will use that $$ to convert to 5spd...the 5-speed has spoken to me through other maxima's and stangs

Quick Reply: System is DONE, PICS!!!